Which way does relay #42 (front washer pump) go in the fuse box..??

davenay67

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I am tracing down a non-working windshield washer problem, and went to swap realy #42 with #38 as I know the rear works for sure. However, my fingers fumbled the relay just as it came out and now I don't know which orientation to put it back in....I have a 50% of getting it right but would prefer to be sure. :smile:

Could someone either snap a picture of the top of their fuses, or perhaps confirm the which pin settings I should be aligning.

Thansk..!!

Dave. :smile:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
davenay67 said:
Could someone either snap a picture of the top of their fuses

relay.jpg

By design they will work either way. Here's a pic of mine.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
MAY03LT said:
By design they will work either way.

:iagree: The solenoid is controlled by a wire on two opposite corners and the switch uses the other two corners, esentially making it bidirectional. Some of the other relays do not have the same configuration and only have one way to put them in.

davenay67

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Awesome....thanks very much guys....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
DJones said:
Some of the other relays do not have the same configuration and only have one way to put them in.
One of the extremely rare times where the electrical designers had a clear opportunity to choose a way to do it right, and a way to do it wrong and screw the owners - and they CHOSE WISELY!!!! :wootwoot: :thumbsup: :rotfl:

Wish they did the same on all the other cock-ups they committed. :hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.