Where to purchase digital service manuals?

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
I already downloaded the "free service manual" but it is not a document, it's a collection of photos saved as pdfs so it doesn't have a working index and is not searchable.

I have an isolated laptop in the garage I use for digital manuals (and music) and I would like to add a manual for the 2004 Envoy XUV we recently purchased.

I checked Haynes and they only "RENT" online manuals. I do mean rent. You can not download it and you must renew every 12 months to access it.

Does anyone know where to get a true digital service/repair manual?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA

All free

A little clumsy but still a lot of useful info. I'm apparently spoiled by my other chiltons style PDF manuals.

Thanks.

Edit: Turns out this won't work for me. The laptop in my garage, which is isolated, runs an original version of Windows 7 pro which came with IE8 that can not open the files.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What about downloading the entire manual as a Zip file? Extract it to a USB stick and open it on your other laptop. Should work with FireFox on Win7.

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
What about downloading the entire manual as a Zip file? Extract it to a USB stick and open it on your other laptop. Should work with FireFox on Win7.

I did most of that already. That's how I know the files won't work in IE8, which had never even been opened on that system. I had to create a self-extracting archive because the path/filenames are too long for win 7 built in archive tool.

When I say "Original Version of Windows 7 Pro" I mean a fresh install from the original boxed CD with no updates and almost no other software.

I did add Winamp to play music and Sumatra to open PDF files so I suppose I can try adding FF to open this one. One can still find offline installers for it.

Though as I said, it's not well organized and many links lead to missing content. I'll probably just get the book. This digital copy does include several service bulletins, those may come in handy.

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
I was able to download an offline installer for FF-ESR 115.11 and install it on the isolated laptop and it does open the files from CHARM.

There's stuff missing but mostly I need info like capacities, pressures, and tourque specs. It will be useful now that I can open it out there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online