What's your next truck?

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
If you sold, traded, got rid of your truck. What would be your next truck/SUV/Car? Pics please!

I'll go first, since I started this thread. It's a dream, but this thing is awesome and would love it as my next SUV!

View attachment 22296

Attachments

• 2013jeepgrandcherokeesrt8alpinevapor-04-627x408.jpg
    2013jeepgrandcherokeesrt8alpinevapor-04-627x408.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 166

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Drivin her till she dies. Then i will be purchasing a crewcab 6ft bed dirtymax. Putting that on 6" lift with 35s also.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
+1 for driving it into the ground. But when I have to get rid of it, I'll be looking at either an Avalanche or a Tahoe/Yukon.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
+1 for driving it into the ground. But when I have to get rid of it, I'll be looking at either an Avalanche or a Tahoe/Yukon.

Your choices are the same as mine :thumbsup: , however I put the avalanche last cause I don't want nuther 5.3

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
I traded in my Regular Cab Colorado for the wife's Trailblazer, and that's not likely going anywhere for quite some time. I drive a Mazda6 sport wagon now (family ride! lol) but I'll be getting back into a truck as soon as we can afford to.

I'm torn between a Crew Cab Colorado, or a full size though. I'm a pretty average size, and the 355's fit me perfectly (had my old one for almost 7 years) but I think the cab would still be a little small for family use. I know tons of people use them as such, but I don't want to feel cramped in one. I'd get the V8 option as well, but it still seems like I may reach it's payload/towing limits (by then, I'll likely be looking to tow a car to the road race track), and I don't want to feel "held back" by my truck's limitations.

On the other hand though, Silverado's are just freakin massive trucks!! I've driven one, and it felt like a damn land yacht to me! Not to say that I wouldn't be able to get used to one, it just seems like "too much" truck for me? It would be nice not to have to worry about payload/towing limits though, and the cab room would be ideal. Surprisingly, they also get similar MPG's as the 355's, and aren't that much more expensive, so that may be the best choice. Or, I could keep the 6 wagon as a DD/family car, and just get an extended cab (Wife's adamant about getting a crew for family use) to use as a truck.

Then there's the 2WD vs. 4WD decision. The TB is our first 4WD vehicle, and after not having one for 11 winters, I can't believe I waited this long to have one! What an amazing feeling to be able to go anywhere you want. lol But, I'm not sure the 12 times a year you actually need to switch it into 4WD justifies spending another $3000-$4000 on a truck, and the lessened MPG? I will be the breadwinner then, and the wife will be a stay at home mom, so I guess I could just take the TB on crappy days, but I wouldn't want to leave her without 4WD in case she needs to run errands or god forbid, an emergency situation.

And, I'd post a pic, but I'm on my phone, and everyone knows what those trucks look like already. haha

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
JosueLT said:
On the other hand though, Silverado's are just freakin massive trucks!! I've driven one, and it felt like a damn land yacht to me! Not to say that I wouldn't be able to get used to one, it just seems like "too much" truck for me? It would be nice not to have to worry about payload/towing limits though, and the cab room would be ideal. Surprisingly, they also get similar MPG's as the 355's, and aren't that much more expensive, so that may be the best choice.

If it helps your decision (or argument, since your married) my 03 sierra 1500 ECSB z71 on 35s get 20-21 on the highway between 68-75mph. All I have extra is a volant intake, for now. Just throwing that out there

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Irishboy02 said:
If it helps your decision (or argument, since your married) my 03 sierra 1500 ECSB z71 on 35s get 20-21 on the highway between 68-75mph. All I have extra is a volant intake, for now. Just throwing that out there

See, that's about where a CC 355 is! The plus side to lower MPG's than a car would be, we'll be living a different lifestyle by the time I can get a truck. We live an hour from my parents, and 35 minutes from hers. I'm getting a job where my mom works, and we'll be moving closer to there, so we won't be doing that much driving anymore. (we don't visit her family much as it is....thank god. lol)

I actually like the '04-'07 Classics better than this new, bigger body style. I'd love to find a nice, one owner, low mileage '07 Classic CC, but by then, it will be a 7+ year old truck, and I wouldn't feel comfortable paying the kind of money dealers ask for used trucks.

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Matt said:

I have a 2002 Envoy with 186K miles, purchased it new. It's got one foot in the ground:frown:, I'll know how much further tomorrow night.:biggrin: I need it to last at least till next June.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Once this one quits I'm getting another one.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011

Attachments

• 2012-chevrolet-caprice-ppv-police-car-review-review-car-and-driver-photo-422100-s-429x262.jpg
    2012-chevrolet-caprice-ppv-police-car-review-review-car-and-driver-photo-422100-s-429x262.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 160

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
2012 Chevy 2500 HD with some add-ons.
di-2012_chevy_2500hd_lift_kit-420d20cb9593b6dbd262c372c329e736.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well this isn't a truck but my next car is a cts performance :yes:
2013-Cadillac-CTS_Image-012-800.jpg

2011-cadillac-cts-coupe-photo-313960-s-1280x782.jpg

But once I get a good job after I get my degree I will be looking into a bmw or audi

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well since i was thinking of this recently (as many already know).. hands down, if i got rid of the beaSSt, I'd want a Camaro ZL1 or a Mustang GT500/Super Snake!!!!!

Attachments

• ECF%20and%20Black.jpg
    ECF%20and%20Black.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 18
  • 2013-Ford-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-side-in-motion.jpg
    2013-Ford-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-side-in-motion.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 12ShelbyGT500_01.jpg
    12ShelbyGT500_01.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-vs-2012-Chevy-Camaro-ZL1-front-view.jpg
    2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-vs-2012-Chevy-Camaro-ZL1-front-view.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
they only get cheaper as the days go on.
a new to me ZL1 is what I want to say one day.I could get one faster if I decide to just go SS camaro. The jeep thing, Its not worth understanding. Im a diehard LS guy. :raspberry:
View attachment 22310
ABSOLUTE DREAM Holden 427. Australian badass Also LS Powered
View attachment 22311

Attachments

• 12_camaro_zl1.jpg
    12_camaro_zl1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 9080229.004.1M.jpg
    9080229.004.1M.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 120

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Im going to go in the spring and pick up a nice used Avalanche to haul the kiddos around in....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
they only get cheaper as the days go on.
a new to me ZL1 is what I want to say one day.I could get one faster if I decide to just go SS camaro. The jeep thing, Its not worth understanding. Im a diehard LS guy. :raspberry:

Especially since that jeep "SUV" isn't even BOF. It's not a truck, it's a crossover :uhno:

Jul 24, 2012
It'll be this truck, only with a rebuilt suspension (starting with the upper control arms and UBJ just ordered 20 minutes ago).

Then, whenever anybody rides with me, I'll just say "It drives like it's brand new!"

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Bowtie til I Die, if not another TB it would have to be this ( if they make it this way which I'm sure there will be some changes :frown:) >>>>
View attachment 22312

Attachments

• 2013silverado.jpg
    2013silverado.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 116

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The first 2 are going to happen in a few years..

2012 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
[EBAY]400314198907[/EBAY]
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
[EBAY]320959885484[/EBAY]

Fantasy

2010 Holden Maloo UTE
View attachment 22313

Attachments

• vehsvmalooute(1).jpg
    vehsvmalooute(1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 105

Matt

Dec 2, 2011

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
Another tb SS. I love my truck.
:iagree:

I'll keep my SS until I die unless something happens to it. Then, I'll find another.

MAY03LT said:
This generation Tahoe ^^^^^
I thought you liked my generation. :sadcry:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
By the time our two 360's die, we should be all set for a Yukon Denali SWB. Will probably be a 2010 or 2011 by the time we need one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In reality...One of these

k5.jpg

To compliment its big brother I am getting ready to put back on the road....

1839.jpg

But if money was of no concern....

BB.jpg

or

reconh3a.jpg

or

131_0612_01_zultimate_fj_part_6lead.jpg

or

oru_suburban_assult_vehicle.jpg

or

2009-HUMMER-H3-Moab-Concept-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

or

131_0810_05_z1972_chevy_k5_blazer_blazing_orangeexterior_side_view_desert_speed.jpg

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Kyle, its good to see youv really narrowed it down and know exactly what you want :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
50K would likely buy me any of those, but for 5K the K5 I put up first will do what I need. Hard to narrow down what I would spend that kinda loot on. Been driving a duramax on 37s recently...crew cab/long bed/2011/white/black leather....I could do that as well. :biggrin::raspberry::biggrin:

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Irishboy02 said:
Kyle, its good to see youv really narrowed it down and know exactly what you want :raspberry:

C'mon, give him some credit...at least he knows what he's going to do with it. Some other GMT'ers are still caught between a car, SUV, truck...:banghead:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
50K would likely buy me any of those, but for 5K the K5 I put up first will do what I need. Hard to narrow down what I would spend that kinda loot on. Been driving a duramax on 37s recently...crew cab/long bed/2011/white/black leather....I could do that as well. :biggrin::raspberry::biggrin:

I almost got a k5 after my tb, before i found my sierra. Dam, thats a whole lotta truck :eek: Sounds gorgeous though! :thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
tblazerdude said:
I would like a de-commissioned one of these, or the Civilian Counter-part. The counter part might get the 6.2L V8 from the Camero.

Kind of crazy to think cops will have 355 HP and 384 ft/lb of torque to catch you with.

View attachment 8595

Chevy Culture | Powerful things come to those who wait. Chevy confirms the SS.

2014 Chevrolet SS Spy Photos – News – Car and Driver

Biggest problem with the Chevy Caprice is that most of the police dept's have decided not to go with it. Even thou it has proven to be better all around over the Charger. Police Dept's are getting way to big of a discount for the Hemi powered charger (to the tune of 16k per vehicle) to consider the Caprice (22k per vehicle.).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Top Gear tested the cop cars last night...

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Biggest problem with the Chevy Caprice is that most of the police dept's have decided not to go with it. Even thou it has proven to be better all around over the Charger. Police Dept's are getting way to big of a discount for the Hemi powered charger (to the tune of 16k per vehicle) to consider the Caprice (22k per vehicle.).

Maybe out by you but not over here. The problem is that alot of the dept are in a contract with the company. We cant wait to get rid of our chargers, but because of our contract and all our equip that is interchangeable, we had to purchase 6 of the new body chargers now. They break down at least twice a week. Terrible design, look bad ass though but cant perform. Even the durangos we have break down, and those are the supervisor trucks. We also have a silverado 1500, and just got a tahoe. Over the next 5-6 years our whole fleet is going to be Chevy. Many depts here are getting chevys too. If they had the fords, there was too much of a gap between the crownvic and the recall on their new models that they went to the chevys - and no one is looking back.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
When i find someone to settle down with, my wife will be driving something very similar to this. For both her enjoyment, plus theres no way im going to get stuck driving a minivan
View attachment 22336

Attachments

• lifted tahoe.jpg
    lifted tahoe.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 81

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Irishboy02 said:
Maybe out by you but not over here. The problem is that alot of the dept are in a contract with the company. We cant wait to get rid of our chargers, but because of our contract and all our equip that is interchangeable, we had to purchase 6 of the new body chargers now. They break down at least twice a week. Terrible design, look bad ass though but cant perform. Even the durangos we have break down, and those are the supervisor trucks. We also have a silverado 1500, and just got a tahoe. Over the next 5-6 years our whole fleet is going to be Chevy. Many depts here are getting chevys too. If they had the fords, there was too much of a gap between the crownvic and the recall on their new models that they went to the chevys - and no one is looking back.

Oh I agree. I hated life when they GM dropped the Caprice, and we were forced to drive the Crown Vics. The GM's always performed better, broke down less often, more roomey, and were overall safer. But GM, in their ultimate brilliance :hissyfit: dropped the full frame police cars, and we were stuck with Lumina's. OK for driving around the burbs, but anyone on a BMX could out run you. Even the W-body Impalas were better than the Crown Vics. They just couldnt handle the abuse. All our divisions are in a contract with Dodge for another 6-8 years. Some of the departments are not upgrading until their fleet is completely dead, refusing to even buy a Charger until needed.

We do have some Trailblazers still in service around here, and quite a few Tahoe's. A couple Corvettes too!

Watching what I saw on Top Gear last night. I see the Departments going with the Ford PPV thou. The Twin Turbo V-6 means they can say they are trying to be more green. At a cost to the taxpayers due to premium fuel, not being able to use FlexFuel yet (Ecoboost hasnt mastered that one yet), and higher repair costs (Turbos aint cheap!).

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I want an Avalanche with the new body style. A new style Tahoe or Yukon would be good too. I drove a Tahoe and a Yukon XL as rental card while my truck was in the shop an they were awesome. I would get one without a sun roof since I'm kind of tall and the sun roof in the Tahoe tool away from head space. The Yukon XL was amazing, good amount of power from such a tank.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Hardtrailz or Regulators when they're done with it :biggrin: !!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online