What's your next PM service?

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Since I bought my Silverado my interest in doing as much of my own work on the family vehicles as possible has been rekindled. While I've kept up on the major things on the Envoy my research on the web leads me to many other things that should be done to keep it running perfectly. A bad thermostat gave way to flushing the cooling system which was due anyway (and the old Dex-Cool looked just about perfect, not a spot of sludge on the thermostat, temperature sensor or lower radiator hose).

I've now flushed the brake system and next on the list is clean the throttle body and flush the power steering system (once I order Amsoil for it).

What on your list?

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Good point, I should review the owners manual to be sure I get everything.

Differentials and transfer case recently done. Tranny was done at about 55K (10K ago) but I would like to completely flush it since I pulled a pretty heavy trailer with it. That's the Silverado's job now.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Oil change and rotate tires in May and 10 year coolant change in September.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I'm up for an oil change. I need to replace the front pinion seal then drain both diffs and see how everything looks (I'm hard on the lockers/gears).

Also time to flush out the old brake fluid.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
I just replaced my brake fluid and power steering fluid. Next up is oil change, I love being an amsoil dealer.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Need to replace another half shaft and ball joints at some point. Could prolly use some fresh oil and an air filter cleaning...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online