What to do!!!! 17" envoy wheels for $280 or SS wheels for $800

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
K heres the deal, i was looking for winter rims and i found a pair of envoy 17" chromes for $280 with tires
But then right under i found OEM SS rims on pirelli winters for $800 in mint condition
Should i max out my mastercard and get the SS rims and then sell my denali rims for $5-600?
And then hold off on the tune and high flow cat for a while?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 152

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Now that i think about it, im gunna try and get the SS rims lol :rotfl: to good of a deal to let pass

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Not a bad deal but if you're going to buy the SS wheels you'd still have to buy all season or summer tires for the SS rims at a cost of $500-800 or more. And don't forget a few bucks for new centercaps so you don't have to rock bowties on your GMC. Selling off your wheels at $600 still leaves you with at least an $800 additional out of pocket cost for this upgrade. If you can dig up that money in a couple weeks great, but I wouldn't float a maxed out credit card balance all summer just for a set of wheels.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
MDBT said:
Not a bad deal but if you're going to buy the SS wheels you'd still have to buy all season or summer tires for the SS rims at a cost of $500-800 or more. And don't forget a few bucks for new centercaps so you don't have to rock bowties on your GMC. Selling off your wheels at $600 still leaves you with at least an $800 additional out of pocket cost for this upgrade. If you can dig up that money in a couple weeks great, but I wouldn't float a maxed out credit card balance all summer just for a set of wheels.

I ended up getting him to $700 but he's also an hour and a half away with no traffic, now that im considering it, you are right , it would still cost 5-800 for winter tires -$600 for my denali rims which would still be 6-900 of debt BUT i dont have to buy a set of wheels for the winter. Because i'd have an extra set of tires for winter...

Its either SS rims or i get a tune and a high flow cat :confused:

Now you got me thinking again sir! Lol but thanks for your opinion, really debating it now

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Dude

Get the tune/exhaust.

You'll experience the $$ spent more with the tune/exhaust than with the SS rims. I am not going to mention my opinion of chev rims on a GMC.

Keep the Denali rims for now, and NEVER max a credit card out for something that is not an emergency that does not affect you day to day living. From experience it will NOT be worth it unless you are getting some sort of cash back reward and/or zero interest.:no:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U can always get a tune and high flow cat.. good deals only come around often. That's why they are called good deals. Are you more for looks or performance??

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I really like the Denali wheels. Everyone throws on SS rims....why be just another one? I say keep your rims and get the winter wheels. I'm sure you could work a better deal on the 17s if you try.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Its really a shame the denalis didnt come with 20's. I really like the look. If they were bigger i would consider gmc wheels on my chevy. If it were me i wouldnt want to run my good rims in the winter. You could also try to get some steelies for winter. Ah decisions decisions.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
My exterior is pretty much done other than rims and maybe denali bumpers
I was planning to do the cat and get the tune tomorrow and then i found the SS rims which he said he was willing take the tires off and sell just the rims for $550
For $550 you cant really go wrong and i could sell my denali rims to pay for tires and use the money for the tune and cat instead of my mastercard
But i would love to have some pep to my voy
Possibly the hardest decision i've had with my voy to date
Or i could buy the SS rims for $550 and sell them for $6-700 and buy a set of winters pretty much for free

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
If he said he'd take $550:duh: Those are the perfect color for your voy IMO. But dont max the card:no:

Washed er yesterday

View attachment 28901

You can always vinyl/plasti your chevy center caps untill you buy some:confused:

Im about to start adding some pep and have been researching pcm's performance stuff.

Attachments

• P1000884.jpg
    P1000884.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
If he said he'd take $550:duh: Those are the perfect color for your voy IMO. But dont max the card:no:

Washed er yesterday

View attachment 15440

You can always vinyl/plasti your chevy center caps untill you buy some:confused:

Im about to start adding some pep and have been researching pcm's performance stuff.

Yea i was planning on painting them the same color as my denali rims right now because i like the contrast too
Like this
And jrss is kind of right i'll never find a deal like this again
In the pic they're actually just dirty

Heres the color i'd be doing them in
And i'd only be putting $500 on the card which i'll be able to pay off in a week or 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 127

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:

Washed er yesterday

View attachment 15440

Don't mean to go off topic but is that dropped or what it looks like stock when u put SS wheels on a non SS trailblazer? I want to get SS wheels but was afraid it would look weird and ride too high but that looks fine to me.

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Its stock. I plan on getting the belltech kit from Tony eventually tho. But it looks just fine to me for now:biggrin:

Oh Ryda that color on those wheels is badass i would rock them for a minute and ill bet you keep em how they are!! If my truck was black id go with comp grey. But you cant go wrong with black.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
Its stock. I plan on getting the belltech kit from Tony eventually tho. But it looks just fine to me for now:biggrin:

Yeah it does to me too now I want them!

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:

Oh Ryda that color on those wheels is badass i would rock them for a minute and ill bet you keep em how they are!! If my truck was black id go with comp grey. But you cant go wrong with black.

Yea with black on black theres not really any contrast, still looks really nice but i like the pop factor of grey on black
But yea black rims can go well with any color

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Dude

Get the tune/exhaust.

You'll experience the $$ spent more with the tune/exhaust than with the SS rims. I am not going to mention my opinion of chev rims on a GMC.

Keep the Denali rims for now, and NEVER max a credit card out for something that is not an emergency that does not affect you day to day living. From experience it will NOT be worth it unless you are getting some sort of cash back reward and/or zero interest.:no:

When he told me $600 for rims and tires and sent more pics i was sold, the rims and tires are mint other than the center caps which will be either taken off or sanded down
Jrss had a very good point, i'll never find a deal like this again, especially in toronto
And i can get the tune in a week or two after i pay off the 4-500 i take out of mastercard
+the tires are pirelli scorpions winters but work good in dry or hydroplanning situations and they're also $305 each on tirerack for 255/50/r20s
I know i shouldnt but for the price i cant loose
Plus im a 19 year old who has no bills and lives at home haha i dont have much to loose, my voy is the only thing i call my own for now i just worry about my voy, gas, food, partying, and girls :rotfl:
I might as well take advantage of it while i can

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 16

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Anddddddddd i might need these if i wanna be able to compete in this months photo contest:rotfl:

Update: i paid my mastercard off on thursday so i owe $0 as of now and my limit is $1000
They offered me $30,000 in credit upgrades but i declined because i like only having $1000 so its easy to pay
I didnt literally mean go into serious debt for a set of rims, just put a couple hundred ($800) onto it and pay it off within a month
I apologize for making myself seem like a dummy for "maxing" out my card haha
To me maxing out is only $1000 compared to real people with $10s-100,000s of dollars haha
I set my limit to $1000 because i know for a fact i have no problem paying it off every month

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
I remember the days!!:yes: Those are gonna look sick!! When are you gonna get them?

im not looking forward to the days i remember these days when i have real bills hahaha :rotfl: but tomorrow at 10:30 am
Have to go to the bank at 9 and its an hour to hour half drive from there

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
When he told me $600 for rims and tires and sent more pics i was sold, the rims and tires are mint other than the center caps which will be either taken off or sanded down
Jrss had a very good point, i'll never find a deal like this again, especially in toronto
And i can get the tune in a week or two after i pay off the 4-500 i take out of mastercard
+the tires are pirelli scorpions winters but work good in dry or hydroplanning situations and they're also $305 each on tirerack for 255/50/r20s
I know i shouldnt but for the price i cant loose
Plus im a 19 year old who has no bills and lives at home haha i dont have much to loose, my voy is the only thing i call my own for now i just worry about my voy, gas, food, partying, and girls :rotfl:
I might as well take advantage of it while i can

$600.00 for wheels and tires is a hell of a deal. I have been looking for months and the cheapest I can find them is $1,000+ for wheels and tires. You will still have enough to get your tune as well :thumbsup:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
while I really do love the SS rims...I'm gonna have to agree :yes:
a maxxxed credit card isn't worth new shoes :no: what happens when an emergency comes up and you need $ for something unexpected? (not that I'm one to talk, but I don't touch my credit cards AT ALL except for "emergencies" lol)

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
$600.00 for wheels and tires is a hell of a deal. I have been looking for months and the cheapest I can find them is $1,000+ for wheels and tires. You will still have enough to get your tune as well :thumbsup:

Yea the cheapest i've seen was $1200 since i've got my voy, i invited him over to the forums and told him about the canada meets but he said his truck got stolen 2 months ago so he had a spare set of SS rims sitting there collecting dust that he wanted to sell and i was the lucky one to find him
Hahaha calm down there lol one thing at a time lol
But i was researching and theres a professional tuning shop 10mins from me who has a dyno ithat does dyno tuning,
They specialize is LSX engines and said they can give me a tune for $150 (firming shifts, torque management, etc.) and said i'd be good for 15-25hp depending on the way i want to tune it
They sound very professional and knew what they were saying so i might give them a shot instead of the $300 it would cost to do the core program/thee case relearn/ and shipping
Sorry pcmofnc but im trying to conserve some money lol

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
while I really do love the SS rims...I'm gonna have to agree :yes:
a maxxxed credit card isn't worth new shoes :no: what happens when an emergency comes up and you need $ for something unexpected? (not that I'm one to talk, but I don't touch my credit cards AT ALL except for "emergencies" lol)

Getting SS rims for $600 with pirellis isnt an emergency? :rotfl:
But yes, i also agree using your cards for non emergencies isnt smart but technically i'll still have $400 left at least in my card for real emergencies
And i'll be selling my denali rims on dunlop all seasons for around $5-600
So in reality i'll be straight trading 18" denali rims for 20" SS rims, a deal i know everyone on this forum would do or really sit there and consider even if it is chevy rims on a gmc lmao!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
But yes, i also agree using your cards for non emergencies isnt smart but technically i'll still have $400 left at least in my card for real emergencies

Credit cards are the devil. Unlike you, in my younger days I was offered a $8,000 dollar credit line and took it. Needless to say I am still paying off that card today. Good call on sticking with $1,000. I also inherited the wife's credit card debt as well :crazy:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
So in reality i'll be straight trading 18" denali rims for 20" SS rims, a deal i know everyone on this forum would do or really sit there and consider even if it is chevy rims on a gmc lmao!

if they were 22"s...hahahahaha
but seriously though, if you know you'll be financially secure if you do it...then by all means! GO FOR IT!
and you'll never hear a word from me abt chevy rims on a gmc :no:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:

Don't want to be a financial advisor but if u see yourself paying it off by summers end, go for it. Accepting higher credit limit may increase your score greatly based on available credit to you vs balances. I meant no harm with the look, just think the comfort will diminish with a lower profile tire on 20s. Any dark rim will look good!:thumbsup:

"If you have 3 loans for your truck and not one is a titled related payment, you might have a mod bug!"

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Don't want to be a financial advisor but if u see yourself paying it off by summers end, go for it. Accepting higher credit limit may increase your score greatly based on available credit to you vs balances. I meant no harm with the look, just think the comfort will diminish with a lower profile tire on 20s. Any dark rim will look good!:thumbsup:

"If you have 3 loans for your truck and not one is a titled related payment, you might have a mod bug!"

Haha no harm done, everyone feels how they feel :biggrin:
But yea i'd say 80% of the money i take out of my mastercard goes to my voy lol and i already know the mod bug has turned into a pest for me :rotfl:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Lol that's why I promised myself I would only get parts and do mods to the tb that I could afford.to pay cash for :yes: makes it a bit more difficult, and feels like I'm NEVER gonna get the 22"s :sadface: but...whatevssss

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
Lol that's why I promised myself I would only get parts and do mods to the tb that I could afford.to pay cash for :yes: makes it a bit more difficult, and feels like I'm NEVER gonna get the 22"s :sadface: but...whatevssss

Maybe this will motivate you a little :rotfl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 15

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
Maybe this will motivate you a little :rotfl:

Man the running boards kill it for me:raspberry: Nah im just teasing they look badass!! Center caps should be a breeze to paint...

You will appreciate those wheels as much if not more than a tune i promise:thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
Man the running boards kill it for me:raspberry: Nah im just teasing they look badass!! Center caps should be a breeze to paint...

You will appreciate those wheels as much if not more than a tune i promise:thumbsup:

I painted the centre caps black and to me they really threw the whole look off, as for the mouldings i ripped one side off and found out my truck has been re clear coated so im leaving them on until im willing to wet sand the step down

And with the running board, i'd rather save my paint than take them off :rotfl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
On the center cap...i was told you can take the aluminum off the top of the metal and have a blank cap underneath if that makes sense . :dunno:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Code:
jrSS said:
On the center cap...i was told you can take the aluminum off the top of the metal and have a blank cap underneath if that makes sense . :dunno:

Yea, but its still black underneath lool

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
I painted the centre caps black and to me they really threw the whole look off, as for the mouldings i ripped one side off and found out my truck has been re clear coated so im leaving them on until im willing to wet sand the step down

And with the running board, i'd rather save my paint than take them off :rotfl:

color match the center caps to the calipers ? :undecided:
didn't you gun metal your stock rims ? you could always do that to the caps.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Personally, i like the black caps. :confused: Can we get a wider angle picture to see the whole thing together with the black caps?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
You could photo shop the center caps color matched to the calipers and post those for comparison like fletch suggested. That way we could see both.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I havent painted the rims yet, and the grey i have is a graphite so its a lot darker
Im gunna photoshop some things and see what looks good

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Heres a red, grey and rear shot of the black

The red reminds me of a clowns nose lool would probably look al ot better on a white truck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 13

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yeah definitely not feeling the red. I would either leave them stock, color match center caps to vehicle, or maybe try plasti dip on the wheels to see what it looks like.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online