What to do!!!! 17" envoy wheels for $280 or SS wheels for $800

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Paint em dark, and solid. Leave your running boards on. Gives her a place to wipe the feet.
:thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Im taking the aluminum covers off the center caps and then imma fill the line and paint them black
This way they're a little smaller and dont stand out too much

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
I'm having a very similar problem right now. Just dropped of my wheels at Powdercoater fell in love with "Dark Steel" but was informed they cannot powdercoat or paint match the caps. They are painting caps black for me...we'll see how it looks. The Powdercoater was really pushing me to go with black all the way around so the caps would match but I don't always like the completely black look. :undecided:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I tried painting the caps with rocker panel rubberized coating because i didnt have any black paint and they came out like this :rotfl: its pretty neat actually but i dunno if i'd put them on looking like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
I tried painting the caps with rocker panel rubberized coating because i didnt have any black paint and they came out like this :rotfl: its pretty neat actually but i dunno if i'd put them on looking like this

haha, hand paint the indentations silver, it's like lightning!

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
I painted the centre caps black and to me they really threw the whole look off, as for the mouldings i ripped one side off and found out my truck has been re clear coated so im leaving them on until im willing to wet sand the step down

And with the running board, i'd rather save my paint than take them off :rotfl:

My truck had boards on it when i bought it at 56,xxx. They looked stock. Maybe not cause i think they were chrome with plastic end caps. idk but my paint down by the bottom is pretty chipped so im not buying the whole "Save my paint theory". Plus you could bottom out on a pothole if you werent carefull. I wasnt to worried about that except while the wife was driving:eek: Plus im just not a chrome fan (on my vehicles). Your boards are actually not that bad because they match.:raspberry:

It would look sick if you left the center caps black and then get some black lugs:undecided:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
My truck had boards on it when i bought it at 56,xxx. They looked stock. Maybe not cause i think they were chrome with plastic end caps. idk but my paint down by the bottom is pretty chipped so im not buying the whole "Save my paint theory". Plus you could bottom out on a pothole if you werent carefull. I wasnt to worried about that except while the wife was driving:eek: Plus im just not a chrome fan (on my vehicles). Your boards are actually not that bad because they match.:raspberry:

It would look sick if you left the center caps black and then get some black lugs:undecided:

You might be on to something there... Hmmmmmm

I still kinda like the no cap look, it gives it more dimension and riggedness but tyou can still see everything behind whats suppossed to be behind the caps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 10

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
You might be on to something there... Hmmmmmm

I still kinda like the no cap look, it gives it more dimension and riggedness but tyou can still see everything behind whats suppossed to be behind the caps

I would love to just rock no cap but am concerned about moisture getting into the hub and surface rust.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Pittdawg said:
I would love to just rock no cap but am concerned about moisture getting into the hub and surface rust.

I sprayed rubber bed liner coating in there so im not worried about the rust that much

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher