What should i use to paint my wheels?

Crispor

Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
hey im new here and i was wondering if i should black out my stock wheels and whats the best way to paint them?
what paint should i use??

BaDAppLe

Jun 28, 2012
Crispor said:
hey im new here and i was wondering if i should black out my stock wheels and whats the best way to paint them?

First I'd like to say welcome to the Nation! You will find many threads on this if you search. Quite a few elect to plastidip the rims which can be peeled off later if you change your mind!! I'm sure others will chime in.

Crispor

Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
i have heard of plasti dip before yeah i like that i can peel it off! but i just dont know how well it holds up before i have to redo it

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
4y4eba6y.jpg

Here are my plastidipped wheels. About 4.5 mos. Good stuff...durable.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Crispor said:

No you should not. Painted stock wheels look ghetto.

The best way to paint them is to not paint them.

If you have to paint them, use plasti-dip so you do not ruin them.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Crispor said:
wow they look awesome!!!!!!

$6 a can at home depot or lowes..u can't go wrong. U can also paint your pillars and such. Just clean..let dry and spray.
You need about 4 cans..1can per wheel.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Check my signature for a how to. I haven't had to touch mine actually took them through a car wash the other day I have minor minor peeling inside my lug nut wells from taking my tire off so much recently.
IMAG0305.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I used $1 a can flat black from Lowe's. It seems to be holding up nicely. Prep is the key to a good paint job.

0721121740.jpg

0721121334.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online