What did ya get!?

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Alright what something you guys got for Christmas you want to show or your are excited about, something with a funny story etc..

My soldering gun was pretty pathetic it was basically a spare my dad had at work buried away in his box and I have been complaining about it for god knows how long and was just too big of a procrastinator to go buy a $10 harbor freight one. So he gave me these wrapped up and told me "Now shut the hell up about your crappy soldering gun"
IMAG0144.jpg

Envoy

Dec 26, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Alright what something you guys got for Christmas you want to show or your are excited about, something with a funny story etc..

My soldering gun was pretty pathetic it was basically a spare my dad had at work buried away in his box and I have been complaining about it for god knows how long and was just too big of a procrastinator to go buy a $10 harbor freight one. So he gave me these wrapped up and told me "Now shut the hell up about your crappy soldering gun"
IMAG0144.jpg

Man thats nice. I still have a craftsman that is very similar to that one that I inherited from my Grandfather many years ago. They never die!

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My dad got me an iPad, which I absolutely love. Used some of the money I got from other relatives to purchase a lift for the envoy, looking forward to getting it :smile:
Happy holidays everyone!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I got a TomTom :wootwoot:

cody_s said:
Used some of the money I got from other relatives to purchase a lift for the envoy, looking forward to getting it :smile:

and this :woohoo:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Santa brought me a PCM4L autocal Tune, a K&N CAI, 5000k HID's, and some aftermarket projector fogs... Actually the fog lights havn't arrived yet, presumably I'll get them this week.

With any luck, I'll get to install my new goodies today!

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
My 19 YO son bought me a winch, I couldn't have been happier, told him he spent too much etc.
The only problem is it is a 2000 lb winch :smile:
I'm tickled as can be but know that it won't be terribly useful for winching the TB.
I'll rig up something to use it on our golfcart and I thought I might be able to use it in the boat to help drag trees out of the creek.
If I anchor it to a live tree and hook to a dead one that has fallen in the creek, that might be useful. I'll see.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well "santa" was very nice to me... my brother (JosueLT) & his wife got me the biggest loser calorie book (as I have lost 120 lbs in the last 8 months as some of you already know), I got a crafstman 21" 4 cycle 87 octane gas snow blower, and since they didn't know the specs of what I wanted, they chipped in and gave me enough money to go buy my Netbook of my choice... but the best part was my family time... no gifts can compare to that

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I got a crafstman 21" 4 cycle 87 octane gas snow blower

Gonna get a tune for that? :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Mark20 said:
Gonna get a tune for that? :biggrin:

I'm just prayin that it holds out for me.. as I bought a snow blower last year, cleared the driveway once with it, and it blew to shreds the next time I tried using it.. motor exploded and I could see all the internals.. bad part was, I bought it used from a little side shop that fixes um up.. lesson learned, I tell ya that much :crackup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
OUCH!!!!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got lots of camping stuff I had been wanting and then found a deal on some new 35s the day after Christmas, so I hooked myself up.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I got a 64 GB iPod touch to replace my broken old-school Wheel type iPod, and my best gift was a Turkey frying kit. It's not the propane kind you have to do outside, but the type that has an electric heating element so you can fry indoors... I predict a lot of fried foods entering my stomach in the next few months... Also got a case for my Kindle

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
navigator said:
My 19 YO son bought me a winch, I couldn't have been happier, told him he spent too much etc.
The only problem is it is a 2000 lb winch :smile:
I'm tickled as can be but know that it won't be terribly useful for winching the TB.
I'll rig up something to use it on our golfcart and I thought I might be able to use it in the boat to help drag trees out of the creek.
If I anchor it to a live tree and hook to a dead one that has fallen in the creek, that might be useful. I'll see.

Get a atv and it will have a great use.. Bought my winch plate a while back just need to buy a winch for my Rancher.

I got clothes and remote controlled toys, sounds like x-mas when I was 9 not 29 but I liked it!

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
IslandRunner said:
Get a atv and it will have a great use.. Bought my winch plate a while back just need to buy a winch for my Rancher.

I got clothes and remote controlled toys, sounds like x-mas when I was 9 not 29 but I liked it!

I got my dad fighting rc helicopters from brookstone it seems that RC was huge this year

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I could swear there was a thread about what you got for your 360 for xmas. Here is what I got for the 9-7. A full set with the rear cargo mat.
weathertechs1.jpg

weathertechs-1.jpg

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:
I got a 64 GB iPod touch to replace my broken old-school Wheel type iPod, and my best gift was a Turkey frying kit. It's not the propane kind you have to do outside, but the type that has an electric heating element so you can fry indoors... I predict a lot of fried foods entering my stomach in the next few months... Also got a case for my Kindle

I got a indoor turkey frier too!! Cannot wait to use it!
ad3b2f8e-4abb-3fdf.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well you know the age old saying on the forums.. pix or it didn't happen :raspberry:.. so here's a pic of my netbook I got, (thx Sam for the recommendation.. I love it!) Acer Aspire One 10.1" CineCrystal LED LCD screen, 1GB DDR3 RAM (upgradable to 2GB), 320 GB HDD, webcam, usb ports, Windows 7, 3 Cell Li-Ion battery (little i know, but it is a netbook lol), and a Intel Atom N570 dual core processor... can't beat all the for the price..

View attachment 17580

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325097319474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325097319474.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 77

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
I want to borrow it too!!

Well come on over!, I have it installed on the VM on my Mac BookPro to test out on the way home tonight.

plaen

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Well you know the age old saying on the forums.. pix or it didn't happen :raspberry:.. so here's a pic of my netbook I got, (thx Sam for the recommendation.. I love it!) Acer Aspire One 10.1" CineCrystal LED LCD screen, 1GB DDR3 RAM (upgradable to 2GB), 320 GB HDD, webcam, usb ports, Windows 7, 3 Cell Li-Ion battery (little i know, but it is a netbook lol), and a Intel Atom N570 dual core processor... can't beat all the for the price..

Oddly enough, my sister has an Aspire One D250, she broke the screen so its in my hands till I get the replacement lcd in. That thing takes a beating and still keeps kicking, shes a planogram manager for 30 stores in the denver area, and treats it like a toughbook. Its had a few beers and a few glasses of wine to drink, not to mention 2 yrs of abuse from 9 and 10 year old girls, lol.

As for me, I didnt get much from family, but spending time with them all was better than a present.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
plaen said:
Oddly enough, my sister has an Aspire One D250, she broke the screen so its in my hands till I get the replacement lcd in. That thing takes a beating and still keeps kicking, shes a planogram manager for 30 stores in the denver area, and treats it like a toughbook. Its had a few beers and a few glasses of wine to drink, not to mention 2 yrs of abuse from 9 and 10 year old girls, lol.

As for me, I didnt get much from family, but spending time with them all was better than a present.

great to know that this thing can take a beating... she'll be handled with care for the first few months or so... then im sure ill get careless with her lol...

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
I ordered some stuff for christmas, just got em in today. Ordered from sonicelectronix, they collect all fees before hand so no surprises when it gets delivered to you. Some guys were saying that I will get hit with some fees by ups. delivered this morning by ups, no xtra fees upon delivery. Also got better bushings for my djm swaybar. Thanks Tony.

+1 for sonicelectronix
+1 for rockauto

IMAG0191.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Nice stuff and whoever these "guys" are they have to be borderline insane I have ordered from sonic Idk how many times and have never even heard of an extra fee.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
Nice stuff and whoever these "guys" are they have to be borderline insane I have ordered from sonic Idk how many times and have never even heard of an extra fee.

:iagree:

ive ordered from sonic for years now and have never heard of these "fees"... let alone any fees from a service carrier...

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Boricua SS said:
:iagree:

ive ordered from sonic for years now and have never heard of these "fees"... let alone any fees from a service carrier...

You keep forgetting that we Canucks have to pay duties / brokerage fees on almost EVERYTHING that comes from the States...
Unless we smuggle it in or get lucky with a nice Customs agent of course... :biggrin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
CdnGMan said:
You keep forgetting that we Canucks have to pay duties / brokerage fees on almost EVERYTHING that comes from the States...
Unless we smuggle it in or get lucky with a nice Customs agent of course... :biggrin:

Some of them don't forget, they don't know.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
CdnGMan said:

I can say that sonicelectronix collects all that before hand and gives you an overall total. Tirerack, wheelsnext, and rockauto also does this for us Canadians.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online