What came in your mail today?

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Got these when Amazon lowered the price to $17. Now $40. These are obviously not the Toshiba bulbous shaped originals so I will be comparing these to the originals I already had. We shall see.
yeah, from my understanding the toshiba ones have been out of production for a LONG LONG time, I just buy the Wagner versions, at the end of the day they are the Phillips bulbs but at a lower cost then the Phillips.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So far, it's a bust on these. They're no brighter than regular 9005 so not worth the extra expense. I put one original bulbous style on one side and the "new" straight version on the other and I can see the difference. I should try with a 9005 and see if there is a difference but likely there isn't.

Yeah, I've had the originals for a while. They've been in three trucks so far. I drive a lot at night and the extra light makes it better. I can't imagine why they would stop making them given the benefits and exact same wattage. John Deere also had them for a particular combine but went stupid with the price when people started buying them.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Replacements for the driving lights that I have mounted in place of my BU lights. These were overpriced when I originally installed the lights...now they are pretty cheap.
s-l1600.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
These things make a crappy job a little easier by freeing up one hand. They are worth the money and unlike some of the grease gun gimmicks that are out there....these actually work.
100_4235.JPG

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
These things make a crappy job a little easier by freeing up one hand. They are worth the money and unlike some of the grease gun gimmicks that are out there....these actually work.
View attachment 84233
I NEED THIS! Not cheap though. $45 CAD on Amazon.ca. We're getting ripped off here because the $30USD translates to $37CAD. I saved it in my wish list and will keep an eye on it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I NEED THIS! Not cheap though. $45 CAD on Amazon.ca. We're getting ripped off here because the $30USD translates to $37CAD. I saved it in my wish list and will keep an eye on it.
That truly is a rip off. Have you looked on ebay ? that's where I got mine shipped for $29. A while ago some Canadian members asked if they could have some stuff shipped to my house, which they did and saved some bucks doing it.
If any members from the Great White North want to do that, let me know, I'm about 15 miles south of the Peace Bridge crossing at Buffalo...Mike.

Reactions: xavierny25

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I should have had a new front transmission line but apparently the fast and free shipping with Ebay is not fast...I hope it turns up today because I need to get this leak fixed.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All good. I found the seller on eBay and getting it shipped to MyUsAddress and will pick it up later. Just $5 per package. I still don't get why stuff is almost always more expensive here, including snowmobiles that are made here.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
All good. I found the seller on eBay and getting it shipped to MyUsAddress and will pick it up later. Just $5 per package. I still don't get why stuff is almost always more expensive here, including snowmobiles that are made here.

Do you also pay more per lbs on Canadian bacon? :crackup: sorry I just couldn't hold that one in.

On topic bills, bills and more bills.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Have been fed up with having minerals precipitating out of suspension in my ice maker. Water tasted fine, but it's weird looking to have white flakes in my cup after the ice melts. Tried a better filter, no dice. Did some searching, and decided to add a pre-filter to the fridge. Found some reviews of people talking about this same problem, and came up with this one that seemed to make buyers happy. It's also rated as a 5 year filter, so won't have to bother with changing the 6 month one that's in the fridge. :biggrin:

Also got a stainless steel water line with some fittings. Haven't figured out where/how I want to mount it yet though.

IMG_20180413_193305.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At the rate you are spending oney on things you won't have to worry about your budget for the wedding.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Direct from GM, made in China, shipped from Korea!?!

Wheel centers for the wheels I picked up for the Caprice.

IMG_20180418_162424.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No pic but received a pair of seat belt pads to use on my work suspender straps. Without padding, hurts the shoulders. These are exactly what I needed.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Balls of golf.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
The final component for the PC i'm building for my mom arrived yesterday and I did the assembly and installed windows on it last night, got a few things to button up but it's almost ready after like a month of waiting for a reasonably priced GT 1030 to come back in stock.

Cable company went total digital so I'm trying this for the garage TV, Hell !.. I'm already renting 3 boxes from them.:whiteflag:

Cable, I remember when I overpaid for garbage service cable companies, Now I use Philo for $16 month and it gives me Velocity and Discovery and the other channels I care about (NO Sports, News or Locals) and a 30 day unlimited DVR so I can watch shows on my schedule, it's like Playstation Vue but CHEAPER.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
From Amazon, got a roll of copper tape to try and fix the rear defroster grid.

And got this to use this summer. Should make nice ribs! Sweet deal from home Depot delivered for $129.

IMG_20180427_214944.jpg

Some assembly required.

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
For some reason these don't seem to be in stores, got it on line. The simple straight on air chuck makes it so easy to be square on to the valve stem for a perfect seal.
Milton 691 1/4" FNPT Straight Head Air Chuck:
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Last piece of the puzzle to install my trans fluid cooler.View attachment 84549

I got one as well, but I don't think I'm going to use it. The transmission line repair I did over a week ago by cutting out the rusted/leaking section and using rubber transmission line with hose clamps is holding fine with no leaks.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Go fast parts.image1.jpeg

Reactions: Blckshdw

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
That stuff I ordered on Amazon for the Voy... 20180507_175521.jpg
I'll be busy on Friday switching this stuff out and installing the tranny cooler.
Not sure if the previous tensioner pulley I replaced 70k+ miles ago was an acdelco and if it came from Canada. I'll do a side by side to verify (Pic will be posted).

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
A spray can of Duplicolor BGM0529 (Dk Spiral Gray Mica, which replaced 'Carbon Metallic')
For whatever reason, no one near me carried it, so I had to order it online.

As to what it's for - my liftgate (inside bottom seam area); it had the beginnings of some rust there, and I put some rust converter on (which doesn't come in Dark Spiral Gray Mica, only flat black...) :laugh: Hopefully, I'll stave off the rust for a bit; I know that is a big problem area, rust-wise.

Reactions: Mooseman

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
We finally got the freight delivery (yesterday)to my brothers shop with a new tire machine , high speed wheel balancer and lift . He put everything together last night. 547487351.jpg547487355.jpg

547487360.jpg
I'll get pics of the lift later today. I'm pretty hyped everything is coming together very well.

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Got the title to my travel trailer today (I bought it out of state and had to have the title switched over / re-issued in my state of residence).

Actually, the one the dealer gave me was the manufacturer's issued title (really just a pre-printed background with the info printed on top - no security features, special paper, nothing).

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Jury duty summons........with a juror #9 (out of a possible number in the hundreds)........I took the one time 6 mo. postponement......Hell, my number couldn't possibly be worst the next time. :badday:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online