Very, very sad..

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
parent of the year award there i tell ya... these stupid people and their disregard for safety, or other people because theyre texting, using their cell phone, eatting, etc... its like speeding on a snowy highway.. where are you going that warrants you to go that fast... no thank you, i'll see you in the ditch up the highway... you just tend to "forget" things as the years go on and nothing ever happens...

my mother told me that one time she drove with me out of my car seat...ONE TIME... i was too young to remember, but she said i stood up on the seat and an officer saw me... so he pulled her over.... and obviously since then, she followed the laws and safety precautions.. but like that story said... i rode in the back of pickup trucks.. car fulls to cedar point, parks, etc... you always think its never going to be me.. then bam... 5 CHILDREN TAKEN... not the adults... CHILDREN... just sad... prayers to those families affected by these stupid a$$ people..

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Boricua SS said:
parent of the year award there i tell ya... these stupid people and their disregard for safety, or other people because theyre texting, using their cell phone, eatting, etc... its like speeding on a snowy highway.. where are you going that warrants you to go that fast... no thank you, i'll see you in the ditch up the highway... you just tend to "forget" things as the years go on and nothing ever happens...

my mother told me that one time she drove with me out of my car seat...ONE TIME... i was too young to remember, but she said i stood up on the seat and an officer saw me... so he pulled her over.... and obviously since then, she followed the laws and safety precautions.. but like that story said... i rode in the back of pickup trucks.. car fulls to cedar point, parks, etc... you always think its never going to be me.. then bam... 5 CHILDREN TAKEN... not the adults... CHILDREN... just sad... prayers to those families affected by these stupid a$$ people..

I know with me as a baby my parent's didn't have a car seat. One of my older sisters or one of my parent's would hold me in their laps while driving. I could never, ever imagine driving ANY vehicle without my children safely secured in their car seats or booster seats. I still can not believe that some people still make these stupid choices. This is a hard lesson learned for the adults i'm sure, but unfortunately 5 beautiful young lives were lost because of it. I could not even fathom losing all of my children. I have lost one child, and can't even bear thinking about losing my other 4 babies. Brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Such useless deaths just to save gas money. Sad

The adults need to spend the rest of their lives in prison for manslaughter.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Regulator said:
The adults need to spend the rest of their lives in prison for manslaughter.

the truely sad part is, they'll still be alive in prison, while the children were killed... and the families still suffer the loss for years to come...

like Tami said... in this day and age, and technology, and the unlimited supply of safety gear... just no excuse at all, whether its saving gas, or not... its also sad how this world is revolving around this gas pandemic...

rodehawg

Jul 19, 2012
What you don't see articles on are the zillions of times that such trips are made without mishap. I encourage use of seat belts and proper safety procedures, but sometimes life requires an occassional deviation from best practices. It is tragic this happened no doubt, but it isn't objective to not to put it into proper context of all the times that there is no tragedy. Seat belts are safer than no belts. Skipping a trip on the road altogether is safer than a trip with belts and so on.

It all comes down to cost vs. benefit, risk vs. reward. It's easy to go all inquisition from our arm chairs because this did happen, but like the OP said, didn't you ever cram a bit more into a vehicle than is meant to be?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
rodehawg said:
Like the OP said, didn't you ever cram a bit more into a vehicle than is meant to be?

Maybe you meant, like the article said, as I never stated that I have tried to cram more than what should be inside of a vehicle. I'm simply not that stupid, nor that desperate.

ETA: Maybe I would cram luggage, or tools, or camping gear into a vehicle, but NEVER a child or living creature for that matter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online