Vegas Meet-Up

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
Well this was at the beginning of the month and I hope the others post back up to fill it back up.

OK I just got back from our now dubbed West Coast/Vegas Meet-up. Sorry It got moved up at the last moment due to an impromptu dinner get together and some unforeseen circumstances. We met at the TGI Friday's in the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino.

We all talked shop and got to know each other. Made plans to help each other out on a few things as time permits. Ate dinner and sat around talking around the table more. The only TVs that were there belonged to me and Karella since most of the rest were from out of town. We had reps from the off-road, dropped and the SS crews, so we were well rounded.

I hope that everyone had a nice time and that we can do this again in the future.

I am sure the others will chime in when they get the chance since some of them won't get to until Monday. Maybe more pics will be posted, we weren't real heavy on the pics. We knew pics or it didn't happen. :wink: We had a total of 8 people at the dinner.

Present were:

Myself - Vegas
the roadie - San Diego
SteveTB03 - Vegas
Karella - Vegas
ScarabEpic22 - Spokane NW Chapter Pres
Blazernut (Now Blade) - Vancouver BC Western Canada Chapter Pres
Byron
And Scarab's roomie Nick


31b9555d.jpg

SteveTB03, Nick, & Scarab

40b9cad3.jpg

Scarab & Karella

295a9e55.jpg

the roadie

3269105e.jpg

The gang, courtesy of our waitress Serena

e48f8112.jpg

Byron, Blazernut (now Blade) and our waitress Serena
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Seems like you guys had a good time there!! :yes:
 

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
I think everyone had a good time. It was kind of a last minute thing for that night but it worked out.

It was hard trying to keep up with all of the conversations. Everyone was talking and trying to listen to each other. Maybe it will be an annual meet-up for the guys coming in for SEMA. I just hope to get a couple of more meets through the year, it might be easier with the GMTN.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Nicely done.
 

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,444
Happened a little too fast! I was there all last week.:cool:
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
I always find it incredible how just a simple love for our trucks can bring so many different people together. Take a look at that group shot of everyone at the table and tell me that everyone would be sitting around that table for any other reason!
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
I've characterized the OS as a watering hole in the African veld, where the various species of wildlife can come together, agree for a while to not prey on each other, and enjoy the common resources. Otherwise, you're right. I might never talk to a guy with shiny spinny rims......Oh, Hi, Steve! :wink:

We have a common enemy, after all - the insane GM design team. :rotfl:
 

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
Happened a little too fast! I was there all last week.:cool:

Wow, you could have let me know and we could have met up for a bit.

Regulator said:
I always find it incredible how just a simple love for our trucks can bring so many different people together. Take a look at that group shot of everyone at the table and tell me that everyone would be sitting around that table for any other reason!

That is an interesting look at it when you think about it. Especially with Erik's room mate being a Porsche guy.

the roadie said:
I've characterized the OS as a watering hole in the African veld, where the various species of wildlife can come together, agree for a while to not prey on each other, and enjoy the common resources. Otherwise, you're right. I might never talk to a guy with shiny spinny rims......Oh, Hi, Steve! :wink:

We have a common enemy, after all - the insane GM design team. :rotfl:

Like I said it was kind of funny trying to pay attention to all of the different conversations. It was nice though to meet up with the group and talk. The waitress was amazed when she found out that that was the first time for all of us to meet up face to face.
 

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,444
djthumper said:
That is an interesting look at it when you think about it. Especially with Erik's room mate being a Porsche guy.


Porsche guys rock! We only got a bad rap because we got lumped in with BMW guys.:biggrin:
 

ScarabEpic22

Member
Nov 20, 2011
728
This meet was a blast! There was a little planning, I had talked with Bill (aka the roadie) and Bill (aka Blazernut aka Blade [if you change it again Bill, Im going back to Blazernut!]) beforehand a little.

And no, I highly doubt we'd all have been there around a table without our TVs. Heck, I had only talked to Byron via email until that day at SEMA where we planned to meet up, and he doesnt have a TV either! He's doing an engine swap into a Jeep and pairing an 08 LL8 with a 6L80E 6spd auto trans. Going to be a cool swap, hopefully I can do the tuning for him down the line when it gets to that point.

I hope to get another set of tickets for SEMA next year, got them by a stroke of luck this year with SEMA's Opinion Leadership program along with Bill (the roadie). Hopefully Ill be able to get another ticket for next year, but who knows!

Might be coming back down in early March for the WCC basketball tournament, but thats still up in the air currently as I dont have a job yet. This time I will bring my tuning hardware, can't believe I left it in Spokane for SEMA!:bonk:
 

Blade

Member
Nov 20, 2011
257
ScarabEpic22 said:
This meet was a blast! There was a little planning, I had talked with Bill (aka the roadie) and Bill (aka Blazernut aka Blade [if you change it again Bill, Im going back to Blazernut!]) beforehand a little.

Ya sorry but I had to change it. Do you realize that the "N" and the "B" are side by each on the keyboard. Too many times the BlazerBut typo had to be fixed ..... and sometimes it was not fixed :wooot:
 

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,444
Henceforth, Blade shall be known as Blazerbut. :biggrin:
 

Blade

Member
Nov 20, 2011
257
Hey Vegas guys! (Or any wankers that wanna drive up from SoCal :biggrin:)

I will be kicking around your neck of the woods for 4 days next week. If anyone from the Nation wants to get together I will buy you a beer! :thumbsup:
 

DucatiSS

Member
Nov 19, 2011
369
I wish I could, but plans the following week do not allow me to take any time off. :hissyfit:

Next time.
 

ScarabEpic22

Member
Nov 20, 2011
728
Dang Bill, I was thinking about heading down the 15-18th but I dont think its in the cards right now. Gotta pay for some more mods and save the rest of my paychecks for the next bit.

And about that beer, just show up 30min after you plan on meeting and Bill will win a few hundred bucks at the slots in the meantime! Hahaha
 

Blade

Member
Nov 20, 2011
257
ScarabEpic22 said:
Dang Bill, I was thinking about heading down the 15-18th but I dont think its in the cards right now. Gotta pay for some more mods and save the rest of my paychecks for the next bit.

And about that beer, just show up 30min after you plan on meeting and Bill will win a few hundred bucks at the slots in the meantime! Hahaha

You know me too well Erik!

DucatiSS said:
I wish I could, but plans the following week do not allow me to take any time off. :hissyfit:

Next time.

ah that's OK it is really hot anyway compared to last time we were there with you. Did I tell you that Mrs B got a new bikini? :thumbsup:
 

DucatiSS

Member
Nov 19, 2011
369
Blade said:
Did I tell you that Mrs B got a new bikini? :thumbsup:

Thats OK, so did I..... :raspberry::rotfl:
 

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
So when are you going to be down here Bill? I have been pretty busy, hence me missing your OP on this. If I am free I will meet up with you.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,324
Posts
637,941
Members
18,530
Latest member
cahenke

Members Online