True Newbie!

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Hello all!

I am a newbie, not only to this site, but to the platform as well. My wife and I, it is more hers than mine, have been an owner of a 2003 Trailblazer EXT for about a week now. So far, we are loving it! I have "creeped" around the site since we found the car. I was researching and reading up on technical data and what not. I have found the information to be useful already! Thanks!

We live in central Missouri, at the Lake of the Ozarks. But, we tend to travel a lot, although not as much as used to, to my wife's homplace in the G.T.A. (Greater Toronto Area).

My hobbies have always been cars. I drive an '04 Ram that I have played with over the years. I also have an '85 Dodge Diplomat. (Yes, I am a Mopar nut) The Dip has a service record and history and that makes it special. It served the Roadways of Missouri in 1985 as a Missouri State Highway Patrol car, the last year the state bought Dodges until this year. Someday, it will be restored to its full glory. It has been a long road, with many bumps that have stalled the project. Hopefully, I will be able to get back on track soon.

I look forward to learning from the experts here and hope that I can add something to the site!

Brandon

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome Brandon :tiphat:

your screen name reminds me of one of my favorite movies SUPER TROOPERS!!! :wootwoot: :rotfl: "unit 23, come in 23... do you need me? Do you need my assistance?" :crackup: if you havent seen the movie.. when Farva goes back on patrol, he names himself with his new partner "team ramrod" lol...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome aboard! I've never told anyone this before, but I had to google the Diplomat to see what it looked like.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! Enjoy your time here, it's a great place to be! :thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! I love the whited out grill bar. If you want reading material about your truck, check my sig below.

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Boricua SS: That is actually where I borrowed it from. "Say car Ram Rod, say car Ram Rod..."

Mooseman: The crossbar was already white, I figured I would try the grill too. Especially since it was broken and needs replaced. I just threw some cheap-o paint on it. But, I'm digging it. TB's are all over. I am trying to make ours a little different.

MAY03LT: She's not the prettiest girl out there, but she has a story. This is a stock pic from MSHP,

Attachments

• MSHP0001-vi.jpg
    MSHP0001-vi.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. The Diplomat is nice got a pic of it now? Hope to be of assistance to you. and again welcome

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
gcacace1289 said:
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. The Diplomat is nice got a pic of it now? Hope to be of assistance to you. and again welcome

It needs some work... But, I think I am down to the cosmetic stuff now.

Attachments

• 100_0511-vi.jpg
    100_0511-vi.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0506-vi.jpg
    100_0506-vi.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 70

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
ramrod919 said:
It needs some work... But, I think I am down to the cosmetic stuff now.

looking pretty good. Lightbar is in amazing shape. is it the original lightbar or did you replace it?

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome. My dad bought a Dodge Diplomat new in 1978 and drove it til 1986. I recall him putting close to 200,000 miles on it, with out any major powertrain issue, just the chronic rear main leak. This was a surprise considering the quality of steel coming out of Detroit at the time. I owned a similar vehicle, a 79 Plymouth Volare when I was a late teenager. What fine Chrysler craftsmanship that was! (although, the powerplant...a slant 6...wouldn't die even if you drained all her engine oil and took her out on the interstate). Loved that engine. Again, welcome.

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
gcacace1289: The lightbar was actually an ebay find. I got really lucky. It is the model I need. However, the lenses have some scuffs and are not the correct color combination. I will probably spend more in new lenses than the bar cost.

Busterbrown: It is funny how sometimes the least expecting engine becomes such a workhorse! My first truck was a 1970 Ford, with a 300 I6 and a 3 on the tree. I could NOT kill that thing, and believe me I tried.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Welcome to the nation :thumbsup:

Im a definitly not a fan of Anything out of the Chrysler shops ... but that Diplomat is going to look kick a##.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome !!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation! I am sure you will find everything you need here on this site, it is truly a wealth of knowledge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online