Transmission issue

JAVINDRA

A couple of weeks ago I got a po700 transmission code on my scanner and my engine was in limp mode. I cleared the code all was well so I took my 2008 Acadia to the tranny shop for inspection. They said the transmission fluid was very dirty and that I had multiple tranny codes relating to the valve body.At this point the transmission was working normally with no issues other tan the po700 code . They recommended a rebuilt valve body and a transmission tune up which I did (1100$ ) but after doing so they said that it now won't go into the gears properly and that they were getting multiple solinoid codes . They now recommended a rebuilt transmission for 2600$ . My question to you all is am I getting the royal run around how could my transmission go from fully functional to being completely non functional while in their shop . I think they got a bad valve body from the rebuilders and I want them to try another before suggesting a rebuilt transmission what do you think...

Mooseman

Sounds like they screwed up the job, . If getting multiple solenoid codes that weren't there before, it's usually an electrical issue like a blown fuse, disconnected transmission connector or wiring issue.

This link talks specifically about P0700 on this vehicle:

OP
OP
J

JAVINDRA

I think so too so I am making them redo the job with another valve body but I think these guys are trying to get me to go for a rebuilt transmission at double the price thanks mooseman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Nate Saxby