Transmission issue

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
A couple of weeks ago I got a po700 transmission code on my scanner and my engine was in limp mode. I cleared the code all was well so I took my 2008 Acadia to the tranny shop for inspection. They said the transmission fluid was very dirty and that I had multiple tranny codes relating to the valve body.At this point the transmission was working normally with no issues other tan the po700 code . They recommended a rebuilt valve body and a transmission tune up which I did (1100$ ) but after doing so they said that it now won't go into the gears properly and that they were getting multiple solinoid codes . They now recommended a rebuilt transmission for 2600$ . My question to you all is am I getting the royal run around how could my transmission go from fully functional to being completely non functional while in their shop . I think they got a bad valve body from the rebuilders and I want them to try another before suggesting a rebuilt transmission what do you think...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sounds like they screwed up the job, . If getting multiple solenoid codes that weren't there before, it's usually an electrical issue like a blown fuse, disconnected transmission connector or wiring issue.

This link talks specifically about P0700 on this vehicle:

Reactions: mrrsm

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
I think so too so I am making them redo the job with another valve body but I think these guys are trying to get me to go for a rebuilt transmission at double the price thanks mooseman

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
I have a 08 gmc acadia slt fwd (150,000 klm) with severe transmission issue's . It all started back in November when my acadia went into limp mode and it was showing a p0700 code with a service engine light so I took it into the tranny shop they told me my fluid was dirty and the valve body was damaged so they replaced the valve body . This made it worse so they replaced it again with the same result so they advised me to rebuild the tranny which I did with the same result . They are now telling me it is electrical which I had previously told them . I need help with this issue I think they may have damaged the harness from the valve body . It has been in the shop now for 7 weeks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have merged your new thread to this one you already started. Hopefully someone has a solution for you.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I thought I had seen a related post on this from you before... thx to Mooseman for having the diligence to find / link them together.

I understand if you needed this vehicle to get to work, didn't have the means to transport it to another shop, etc. But, frankly (and I know this will sound harsh... sorry) ... the $2600 you gave them to rebuild it, after giving them $1100 and them failing twice before to correct the problem... wasn't the best plan. You now have $3700 CAD invested, and a transmission that works worse than when you originally brought it to them. From what I can see, a new (rebuilt) unit from GM costs $4000 or so (USD), at least as of a couple of years ago (I don't have access to their online parts network.)

Have you been to acadiaforum.net ? While we appreciate you coming to us, there aren't that many here that have an Acadia (there's a couple, but most of the 'action' here is with that vehicle's predecessor - Trailblazer, Envoy, etc.) And our transmissions are nothing like yours.

It looks like the Acadia forum above has a LOT of info regarding issues with the 6T75e , especially (including some 'how-to' procedures.) Sadly, after glancing through their forums, it doesn't look like that trans has a particularly good track record. As good as GM's RWD transmissions have been over the years, their FWD transmissions (anything with a 'T' in the name) generally suck. Yeah, that's harsh, but I don't think you're gonna find too many fans of their transverse units.

Assuming you have no equivalent of the Better Business Bureau, consumer auto advocacy group, etc... you basically have three (main) options now, the way I see it. None are good.

1). Channel your inner American (not the gun-toting one... the one just below that one, that's indignant and pissed-off), and stand firm with the shop it's at now that you're not giving them one more loonie until this thing is fixed. That includes $ for the harness, if it turns out to be that. Mentioning that you've spent the equivalent of a manufacturer-rebuilt / warrantied unit may help.

2.) The above, plus (eventual) legal representation. Being American, I'm not well versed in Canadian Torts / Consumer Protection Law. But it might be time to speak to an attorney. Be warned that once the shop receives notice of filing, it will basically be 'war' between the two of you, and they will not lift a finger to help you from that point forward. Nor should they, having gotten it wrong 3x, now. The attorney will advise you on this. Basically, you're looking for: a) transmission that works, and b) court / legal costs, at a minimum. If you've been spending money to rent another vehicle, etc. (or even if you have a second one in the family, but been inconvenienced), at least some of those costs should be recovered, too.

In the US, many companies use / force arbitration, and by using their services, you voluntarily give up your right to any other legal recourse. Check the fine print on your existing receipts, to see if this is the case with your shop. Then contact the attorney. (Optionally, you can infer to the shop that you're looking to pursue legal action over this, but only do this as a last recourse (see: 'war', above)

3.) Continue paying these guys to guess at your problem. This one might be the most frustrating, and the least satisfying. Basically, you're counting on their goodwill to take pity on you and stop charging you at some point.

There are other options, I'm sure... but that's the way I see things, given the info we have. If you take the Acadia to another shop, you'll basically 'lose' the money you've paid the first shop. (see: attorney, above... you may need to bite the bullet temporarily and pay another shop to fix the issues correctly. That cost becomes part of your pleading (filing) as well.)

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I wish I could be more help, but my working knowledge of GM's FWD transmissions is very limited. Do visit the Acadia forum, as I mentioned above. It would probably be a good idea to create a membership there and post about your problem as well... you're likely to get some good info about the 'real' source of the problem(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
As far as court action is concerned, I think you're still in the realm of small claims court, which I think is $5k.

02trailblazin

Sep 25, 2019
Florida
If its anything like mt luci she has 265l and the stock 4l60e tranny jus went out and ems problem is there using plastic pistons that break or get stuck. 1-2 accumulator. Your 1-2 2-3 solenoid are most likwly good ur 3-2 DOWNSHIFT PWM SOLENOID might be gone if u camt get it to down shift from any gear imto 2nd full lockup and it just free revs thats not good but if it does catch it has a hard time lockin up tcc solenoid then she gonna need some more tires it could b a mumber of any 1 of the things i mentioned even much less or worse im pretty sure ur 1-3 2-4. Bands amd clutches are goimg out and im 99% sure the 2-4 servo is gone but ill let u know how the 1600 reman tranny i ordered arrives tomm i do know thw 2 i pullds myself had low mileage engines

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
I thought I had seen a related post on this from you before... thx to Mooseman for having the diligence to find / link them together.

I understand if you needed this vehicle to get to work, didn't have the means to transport it to another shop, etc. But, frankly (and I know this will sound harsh... sorry) ... the $2600 you gave them to rebuild it, after giving them $1100 and them failing twice before to correct the problem... wasn't the best plan. You now have $3700 CAD invested, and a transmission that works worse than when you originally brought it to them. From what I can see, a new (rebuilt) unit from GM costs $4000 or so (USD), at least as of a couple of years ago (I don't have access to their online parts network.)

Have you been to acadiaforum.net ? While we appreciate you coming to us, there aren't that many here that have an Acadia (there's a couple, but most of the 'action' here is with that vehicle's predecessor - Trailblazer, Envoy, etc.) And our transmissions are nothing like yours.

It looks like the Acadia forum above has a LOT of info regarding issues with the 6T75e , especially (including some 'how-to' procedures.) Sadly, after glancing through their forums, it doesn't look like that trans has a particularly good track record. As good as GM's RWD transmissions have been over the years, their FWD transmissions (anything with a 'T' in the name) generally suck. Yeah, that's harsh, but I don't think you're gonna find too many fans of their transverse units.

Assuming you have no equivalent of the Better Business Bureau, consumer auto advocacy group, etc... you basically have three (main) options now, the way I see it. None are good.

1). Channel your inner American (not the gun-toting one... the one just below that one, that's indignant and pissed-off), and stand firm with the shop it's at now that you're not giving them one more loonie until this thing is fixed. That includes $ for the harness, if it turns out to be that. Mentioning that you've spent the equivalent of a manufacturer-rebuilt / warrantied unit may help.

2.) The above, plus (eventual) legal representation. Being American, I'm not well versed in Canadian Torts / Consumer Protection Law. But it might be time to speak to an attorney. Be warned that once the shop receives notice of filing, it will basically be 'war' between the two of you, and they will not lift a finger to help you from that point forward. Nor should they, having gotten it wrong 3x, now. The attorney will advise you on this. Basically, you're looking for: a) transmission that works, and b) court / legal costs, at a minimum. If you've been spending money to rent another vehicle, etc. (or even if you have a second one in the family, but been inconvenienced), at least some of those costs should be recovered, too.

In the US, many companies use / force arbitration, and by using their services, you voluntarily give up your right to any other legal recourse. Check the fine print on your existing receipts, to see if this is the case with your shop. Then contact the attorney. (Optionally, you can infer to the shop that you're looking to pursue legal action over this, but only do this as a last recourse (see: 'war', above)

3.) Continue paying these guys to guess at your problem. This one might be the most frustrating, and the least satisfying. Basically, you're counting on their goodwill to take pity on you and stop charging you at some point.

There are other options, I'm sure... but that's the way I see things, given the info we have. If you take the Acadia to another shop, you'll basically 'lose' the money you've paid the first shop. (see: attorney, above... you may need to bite the bullet temporarily and pay another shop to fix the issues correctly. That cost becomes part of your pleading (filing) as well.)

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I wish I could be more help, but my working knowledge of GM's FWD transmissions is very limited. Do visit the Acadia forum, as I mentioned above. It would probably be a good idea to create a membership there and post about your problem as well... you're likely to get some good info about the 'real' source of the problem(s).
Mooseman thanks for your support on this issue I just got my Acadia back after 2 months in the shop the problem was finally resolved they had to rewire the wiring harness to the TCM which they must of damaged after the first valve body removal they all but admitted it after 3 valve bodies and a tranny rebuild . They wanted 4000 and I said noway as you damaged the tranny right from the start so I ended up paying 2500$ and a free oil change

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mooseman thanks for your support on this issue I just got my Acadia back after 2 months in the shop the problem was finally resolved they had to rewire the wiring harness to the TCM which they must of damaged after the first valve body removal they all but admitted it after 3 valve bodies and a tranny rebuild . They wanted 4000 and I said noway as you damaged the tranny right from the start so I ended up paying 2500$ and a free oil change

So was that $2500 total with this place? Or an additional $2500 on top of the $1100 you paid the first time?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online