Torsion bars for front-end lift?

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I was showing a guy my new bumper today, and he mentioned that I could crank up the torsion bars to regain a little height on the front end. This is my first 4x4, so although I understand vaguely that the torsion bars are part of the suspension, I have no idea where they are, how they are adjusted, how much difference in height I can gain by adjusting them, or if this adjustment would have any negative impacts?

Please help the newbie?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
We don't have torsion bars.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah that really wouldn't work as our vehicles do not have torsion bars to adjust, but even if we did have them that would just be a really stupid way to go about lifting a truck.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
As has been pointed out, we don't use torsion bars, but if we did, it's a time-honored way to lift those trucks, just as we do with installing stiffer springs.

SuspensionMAXX (check their web site) is one of the many suppliers of modified torsion bar keys to accomplish this easily, cheaply, and safely. I wish we DID have torsion bars some days.

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
OK, that probably explains why I haven't read about them around here before now! I think once I figure out how much weight the skid plate is going to add, I'll just get a front lift from Mark and level it out. Thanks everyone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online