FOR SALE This is not mine, but its forsale in town

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wonder what they want for it. Looks alot like Sparkys if you added mirrors and body lift. I think the mirrors are the worst thing on there myself. Big ole goofy looking ears.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ooooooooh! It has a cassette player! :dielaugh:

Razorback

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
stoped there today, the resonator is cut off, and it had at one time a cb antanae above left taillight. and he said $9000 for it because of the miles,

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Seems high to me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I was thinking like 5 cause most mods bring the value down and being in the rustbelt area up there and having all that fresh spray paint makes me think it is not the cleanest thing.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
I was thinking like 5 cause most mods bring the value down and being in the rustbelt area up there and having all that fresh spray paint makes me think it is not the cleanest thing.

noticed that also. what are they trying to hide :undecided:
also, the rear wheel (drivers side) seems moved forward an awful lot.(not centered in the wheel well)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The lift pulls them forward in its design...its why I have extended control arms. I also bet the rear end is not centered side to side either.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
The lift pulls them forward in its design...its why I have extended control arms. I also bet the rear end is not centered side to side either.

I bet it is way off too :yes:

I lowered my truck 3" and had to add 3/4" to my panhard bar. I would imagine going up 3 it would have to be shortened like 1" ?

That probably also means that the pinion angle is horrible too.......

If I seen all that I would be like "I got 2k bro".

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pinion really does not look bad when lifted.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
Price dropped to $6995. Getting to the point that buying a 2004 TB and then doing all of the mods would cost you almost as much.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Couple grand drop to go for that

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
Couple grand drop to go for that
Really? I figure the base truck with no mods and that kind of mileage should be about $3500 assuming it's in decent shape. New off road tires will run probably about $750 installed, plus a set of spacers to clear the ball joint is another $250. Then the lift, which admittedly, I've not priced, but would expect to about $1000 all in... Right there you're up to $5500. I imagine if they're asking $6995, they've still got room to move on it. I could see a reasonable person agreeing to pay $6000 out the door. Maybe I'm wrong...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Go with your tire number of 750
Spacers are 150
Lifts - 600
1500 plus your 3500 is 5000. But it is all used stuff on the truck. Unsure if done right. Spray paint potentially hiding things like rust.

Plus You never get money back on mods. At best the stuff is maybe worth half what the mods cost so drop another $750 and it is more like 4250.

But really I think some kid will pay $5000 or the couple grand drop from the $6995 they are or were at since it is no longer on the website just like I said.

Bought n sold and built a bunch of lifted trucks, one can never expect what is put in them to be gotten out of them.

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
I know you can never expect to get out what you put in... Personal taste dictates a lot. I guess I just pegged the parts cost as being higher than that. I think that's true for any mods. Lifted, lowered, custom paint, etc.. I was just looking at it from the perspective of what it would take to duplicate, you know? If you assume a good, solid truck with nothing hiding under shoddy paint work, and you wanted to build it up the same way as that one, how deep into it would you be? I think you and I are on the same page, HT. We're just thinking about it from different sides. The mods done wouldn't significantly increase the VALUE of the truck, but when considering what you would spend to get an otherwise stock truck modded to that point using the same (although new) parts, you'd be in it for a fair amount. Hope I'm making sense...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online