The Voy's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well I guess I should go ahead and show the mod's I have done with my truck. Maybe I will give some ideas of how somethings look for those one the edge on doing a mod.

This is how the truck looked on day one
2010-08-18_17-56-08_801.jpg

2010-09-22_12-41-23_240.jpg

2010-08-18_17-55-56_280.jpg

1st pic silverstars then Put 6000K DDM tuning HID's
IMG00115-20091115-1947.jpg

2010-09-01_20-22-21_995.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Added a Jenson HU (kind of an older picture)
2010-11-19_14-12-46_94.jpg

Removed the Emblems and added one coat of VHT Nite-Shade on the taillights
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Went ahead and did one more coat with the taillights (leaving at that, no more coats)
IMG_5823.jpg

Pulled the plastic off the pillars, Blacked out the GMC emblem in the front, added chrome side views and handles
IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Then LED's all over :biggrin: (All white LED's SMD)

Reverse lights
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Corner lights before
IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Corner lights after
IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

License plate
IMG_0220.jpg

Inside truck
IMG_0211.jpg

Some future mods (if money allows)
1. Resonator delete
2. Remove chrome and color match
3. De mold (maybe)
4. remove roof rack (maybe)
5. Remove running boards (maybe)
6. Anything that comes to mind I guess :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Some future mods (if money allows)
1. Resonator delete
2. Remove chrome and color match
3. De mold (maybe)
4. remove roof rack (maybe)
5. Remove running boards (maybe)
6. Anything that comes to mind I guess :cool:

1. Free
3. Free
4. Almost free
5. Free
6 FAR FROM FREE

I dont think money is the issue, it may be indecision. You can do running boards and roof rack and reinstall if you don't like it....

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Sam if you need help with the moldings or roof rack I am willing to help ya on a side note I need to start on the LED's my self

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
1. Free
3. Free
4. Almost free
5. Free
6 FAR FROM FREE

I dont think money is the issue, it may be indecision. You can do running boards and roof rack and reinstall if you don't like it....

Well the Resonator delete I am going to have a shop do it for me and add a tip. So I will need some money for that for sure.
Yes that is true with the boards and roof racks! If I do not care too much with the look then I can re add them. I have done that already with a couple of things anyway.

TXBlazer said:
You're well on your way!!! Looks Great!!:cool:

Thank you!! By next summer the truck should be all done :wootwoot:

jham said:
Sam if you need help with the moldings or roof rack I am willing to help ya on a side note I need to start on the LED's my self

Thank you I would appreciate that!! :tiphat: If you need some help with the LED's let me know too man :cool: (LED's can get expensive, Just as Carlton :raspberry: lol)

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Cut off the resonator and see what you think without the tip. I originally planned on it just being a couple weeks until I had the pipe extended with a tip, but I ended up liking the look enough that I never bothered with it. It has been that way for 2 years now and no problems.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
Cut off the resonator and see what you think without the tip. I originally planned on it just being a couple weeks until I had the pipe extended with a tip, but I ended up liking the look enough that I never bothered with it. It has been that way for 2 years now and no problems.

So the smell does not get into the cabin of the truck while in idle? that would be the biggest thing really. How does it sound with a tip or anything?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No smell. Sound was not an issue when I had it just cut off a couple times. I prefer the tip, but no issue without one.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Sam at our fall meet you heard mine its only slightly louder than stock can't even hear it in the cab with windows up it shouldn't cost you more than 35$ with a tip I got mine for 30 with stainless tip
Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
No smell. Sound was not an issue when I had it just cut off a couple times. I prefer the tip, but no issue without one.

jham said:
Sam at our fall meet you heard mine its only slightly louder than stock can't even hear it in the cab with windows up it shouldn't cost you more than 35$ with a tip I got mine for 30 with stainless tip
Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Which is perfect!!! I might just cut if off myself and just leave as it with no tip. If I want a tip then can be added later on!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
Thank you!! By next summer the truck should be all done :wootwoot:

:laugh: That's what YOU think!! :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy said:
(LED's can get expensive, Just as Carlton :raspberry: lol)

The only expensive LEDs are the ones that people put together and wire up for you. The more DIY stuff you get, the prices drop big time, but you trade cost for convenience. :twocents:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:laugh: That's what YOU think!! :raspberry:

:rotfl: I am going to tell myself that for now and hope it does turn out that way :whistle:

Blckshdw said:
The only expensive LEDs are the ones that people put together and wire up for you. The more DIY stuff you get, the prices drop big time, but you trade cost for convenience. :twocents:

Very true but the convenience is worth it for me! At least the time and headache saved is for me because if I try to make my own then :banghead::explode:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
Very true but the convenience is worth it for me! At least the time and headache saved is for me because if I try to make my own then :banghead::explode:

That's only because you've never done it before. Start small with easy stuff, then you'll get the hang of it. Then move up to more complicated stuff. Baby steps man, besides if/when you need help, we're here to help you along. :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
That's only because you've never done it before. Start small with easy stuff, then you'll get the hang of it. Then move up to more complicated stuff. Baby steps man, besides if/when you need help, we're here to help you along. :yes:

Sounds good :biggrin: I know that for the next summer I want to learn how to change the cluster lights to LED's and everything else in there. Only thing for me is how to open what I need to open.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
So the smell does not get into the cabin of the truck while in idle? that would be the biggest thing really. How does it sound with a tip or anything?

Ok, for some reason this thread didn't show up for me yesterday as an unread thread, I never did see this question. Kyle is correct though, no smell and no issues what so ever with the exhaust in the vehicle. (Before anyone says a word, yes I know that carbon monoxide is odorless, go stick you head in the exhaust of your truck and tell me that it is odorless.)

Because the Envoy's don't have any cut on the bumper for the tail pipe, I think it just gives the back end of the truck a cleaner look.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Oh yeah, +1 on not having issues with the exhaust. After I had my resonator cut off, I didn't put a tip on either, since I hadn't made up my mind which one I wanted. That was back in the spring.... :duh:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well carbon monoxide might be odorless but if you put your head back there, you will smell something for sure. Now is there a specific kind of saw to use when cutting these off? I am sure they require some elbow grease lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Well carbon monoxide might be odorless but if you put your head back there, you will smell something for sure. Now is there a specific kind of saw to use when cutting these off? I am sure they require some elbow grease lol

If you smell something with the windows up you have bigger issues. There is no more smell than stock.

I used a plain'o sawzall w a demolition blade for cutting wood/metal. A metal blade prolly would have been better. Some people use a hacksaw, but that is labor intensive.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Use something that plugs into a wall outlet. Much less elbow grease needed :wink:

IMAG0229.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I think I have an electric one or a buddy of mine has one. Should be soo much easier with that! Thanks guys! I will keep all this in mind once the winter ends...the longgggg winter :sadcry::suicide:

HARDTRAILZ said:
If you smell something with the windows up you have bigger issues. There is no more smell than stock.

I used a plain'o sawzall w a demolition blade for cutting wood/metal. A metal blade prolly would have been better. Some people use a hacksaw, but that is labor intensive.

Oh no I do not smell anything with the windows up right now. I am saying if you put your head right next the exhaust you will.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Looks great.

About the chrome rear views:
Are those covers or complete new mirror assemblies?

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Looks great.

About the chrome rear views:
Are those covers or complete new mirror assemblies?

Thank you! They are covers that I got off of eBay. I looked for a new assembly but the Envoys do not come with Chrome as an option

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Use something that plugs into a wall outlet. Much less elbow grease needed :wink:

IMAG0229.jpg

Yup, electric saw zaw with a metal blade. It takes about 15 seconds and your all done!

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
View attachment 16844
here is mines removed!it looks a lot cleaner and no big diference in sound juuust a bit!:smile:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 239

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
Yup, electric saw zaw with a metal blade. It takes about 15 seconds and your all done!

Wow a nice quick cut will be awesome!! Going to look into one of those!

havie22 said:
View attachment 805View attachment 806
here is mines removed!it looks a lot cleaner and no big diference in sound juuust a bit!:smile:

that looks good! I might do something like that, or do a dual look! I'm Not sure if the dual will look as good as a single!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
So I went ahead and did one of the mods I wanted to do and removed the roof racks. I just need to do something about the black screws and color match them because those will bug me quick!

photo1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Looking to de mold later on when I have the eraser wheel and remove the running boards also! The truck should look a lot better with those done!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks good Sam. As far as getting the bolts not to bug you anymore, just lift your truck, then you won't see them at all!! :laugh:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Looks good Sam. As far as getting the bolts not to bug you anymore, just lift your truck, then you won't see them at all!! :laugh:

lol I am thinking of color matching them when I get the paint, if I can even color screws :undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well here is an update on my truck. Got it de molded and got a decal put on. Let me know what you guys think!!

Huge thanks to Derek (Meltdown) for hooking me up with a eraser wheel for this project :hail: deff helped :yes:

Also a huge thanks for Jeff (silvernclean) for hooking me up with his extra decal!! Harmless decal looks great :thumbsup::hail: You guys are the best helped me a ton :yes:

Before
De-Molding1.jpg

After
De-Molding6.jpg

Before
De-Molding7.jpg

After
De-Molding5.jpg

De-Molding2.jpg

Decal
decal2.jpg

Decal.jpg

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
You didnt mess around!! You said exactly what you wanted to do and its DONE!! Molding is gone, decal in place...just waiting on word about the res delete. Did you ever get ahold of S&K Muffler? Listen if money becomes an issue, I can bring out a sawsall and we can cut it ourselves. You can then take it anywhere you want to have them weld a small extension on and tip. Its about 15 mins of work for us to do, if you want. Just drop me a line and let me know. The shop will charge you about $20 for the time and you can get any tip you want with the extra you save having them cut it.

Let me know if I can help.

Melty

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Meltdown211 said:
You didnt mess around!! You said exactly what you wanted to do and its DONE!! Molding is gone, decal in place...just waiting on word about the res delete. Did you ever get ahold of S&K Muffler? Listen if money becomes an issue, I can bring out a sawsall and we can cut it ourselves. You can then take it anywhere you want to have them weld a small extension on and tip. Its about 15 mins of work for us to do, if you want. Just drop me a line and let me know. The shop will charge you about $20 for the time and you can get any tip you want with the extra you save having them cut it.

Let me know if I can help.

Melty

Thanks man!! Yeah I am a bit in the air on the reso delete due to the money thing like you said. I still have to call S&K Muffler, Ill prob do that later this week after my exams and get a quote from them (if they can give me one). If it's also too much then we can prob do it our selfs and see how that comes out also. I will let you know for sure I appreciate it man!! I will prob have to wait till may if I do the reso delete though due to finals coming up (do not want to distract myself too much lol). But the $20 isn't bad if they can do that, I want to get a quote on a dual look. That would look really good :yes: Whenever you get a chance and talk to your buddy about the paint job let me know on it if you can!

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Doing all of these mods..... Seem to be heading to the lowered look..... lmao. Is that what your getting to eventually Sam? Any plans to Lower on these shitty Michigan roads?:rotfl: Everything takes time right? haha look where I am.... WAY BEHIND! lmao I will catch up!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
03envoy said:
Doing all of these mods..... Seem to be heading to the lowered look..... lmao. Is that what your getting to eventually Sam? Any plans to Lower on these shitty Michigan roads?:rotfl: Everything takes time right? haha look where I am.... WAY BEHIND! lmao I will catch up!

haha no actually that is the one mod i will not be doing which a lowering kit! I will be sticking to the stock height for now pretty much lol

Your good I mean my truck took me 2 years until I did many of these mods so you always have time :thumbsup: Plus a ton of my mods can be done within one day worth so your truck can wake up in the morning a new person :rotfl:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The OP has requested that this thread be closed. A new, more organized thread will be started soon.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR