The Very Best Way to Get Going on A Saturday Morning

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There are just some times when I need a Cup of Coffee and a Good Swift Kick in the Pants on a Saturday Morning to get me going ...and so these three versions videos of Van Halens' "Hot For Teacher" are just the hand-slapping, toe-tapping "Engine Starters" that I need to get me going I NEVER GET TIRED OF HEARING THEM ! I have listed them in the order i like to see and listen to them on Youtube:

Last edited:
Reactions: hrddrv

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not much of a Van Halen fan

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Actually... me neither... Other than "Jump"... If "The Hangman" told me that he would let me go if i could name at least Five Van Halen tunes... I'd have to tell him, "Well... Don't wait on my account...let's get on with it... and don't forget the 13th Coil..."

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
No... LOL... NOT Sammy Hagar... I was speaking in hyperbole about facing A REAL Hangman... Van Hagar... That's funny Dude...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Once saw a hangman, but I headbutted the pansy and used his noose on him while riding into the sunset on a stolen camel. good times good times

Reactions: hrddrv and mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
What is so cool about Avery... are his Mom and Dad...because as KISS fans...after Avery was born...it seemed like every time they would rock out on their KISS albums...the kid would be jitterbugging in his crib and moving his arms and legs whenever any drum solos would happen...and in a very uncommonly supportive way...when he was only three years old... they bought him a little tiny drum set to play with...and as his Mom and Dad watched in complete surprise...he was actually in time with the drum rhythms. The fact is that you can see how they gave him what he wanted and how he looks like he is having the most fun possible doing what he loves is just about as cool as it can be. Now his parents realize that he has a musical gift and so he gets tutored in proper drum scores and techniques which are apparent as he gets older. What a great life the Lil' Dude is going to have!

Last edited:

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
As a HUGE Van Halen Fan, even have the album with the 3rd lead singer, and a few concerts on Laser Disk, first let me say thanks for posting this. Oh and since I am married to a teacher I love this song, not as much as Dreams though. Watch that video with the Blue Angels.

1st video - That is parenting done right. He is pretty good. Hope he excels in school as well as he does on the drums.

2nd video - Nice setup. You can definitely hear the difference in quality of sound with better drums compared to the kid.

3rd video - little known facts http://www.vhnd.com/1984-1984/hot-for-teacher/

Reactions: mrrsm

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I like Van Halen too but the David Lee Roth years, Ain't Talking Bout Love, Running With The Devil and And The Cradle Will Rock. I prefer Sammy when he sang with Montrose, tunes like Rock Candy, Space Station #5 and Bad Motor Scooter.

My Saturday morning get me going songs are; Turn Up The Radio by Autograph (lol, from Pasadena like Van Halen) and Face The Day by Great White, also from California. I love these songs cranked up loud with lots of bass.

Reactions: hrddrv and mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Here are three more that are as energetic and entertaining:

Randy Newman's "I Love LA"... Just give the song the chance to get through the first 30 seconds so he can get out of the Big Cities... and Check out what is arguably one of the best Guitar Solos... EVER!

Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" ...another great and very under rated Guitar Solo here.

Huey Lewis and The News, "I Want a New Drug".... The 2nd Gen Lead Live of this is AMAZING!

The Best Live version HL&TN I-W-A-N-D Guitar Solo Lead In

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
May God Rest Alvin Lee's Sweet Soul...

One of the original "shreds" of guitar performances done at Woodstock back in 1969...When the Lead Guitar for Ten Years After He says, "This is a little song called..."I'm Going Home"... by Helicopter..." What he meant was... the band flew in and out of Woodstock via Helicopter:

"Rocking Roll Hoochie Koo"... Original by Johnny Winter

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
During World War II, back in 1944 the Leader of the Famous Glenn Miller Band... The Man Himself ... who gave up earning $20,000.00 a week to join the United States Army and serve his country... flew off from a small and obscure airfield in a single engine airplane and headed out over the English Channel for Paris, France... never to be seen again.

The Swing Music Era owed a great debt to this man for giving us classic Swing-Time Music that will endure forever... and here is hoping that since Eternity Rides with Very Few... that wherever Glenn is... Listed as "Missing in Action" that he will Rest In Peace. Here is one of his best... and I add it here to the list of irresistible "Toe-Tappers" that will help anybody with a Big Saturday ahead of them to "Get Going"... (The Blond Beauty that comes in was the Famous Norwegian Ice Skater, Sonya Hene)

"In The Mood..." from 1941

And from the contemporary "Glenn Miller Band"

Attachments

• Sonja_Henie_on_Time_Magazine_1939.jpg
    Sonja_Henie_on_Time_Magazine_1939.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
  • sonjaheniefanimage.jpg
    sonjaheniefanimage.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Forum Statistics