TapaTalk Pro Retiring for Android May 16th

dmanns67

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I was checking the Google Play store today for the last update for TapaTalk Pro and came across this message. It appears Tapatalk is going to their free version only on May 16th. Here is the link to their blog, https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=66.

A few highlights from the blog:

-If you want a refund for Tapatalk Pro, it has to be submitted by May 16th.

-To be able to differentiate from a free user and a past Pro user, a Tapatalk ID will be required to turn on Tapatalk VIP status. So if you are a Tapatalk Pro user, be sure to log in or create a Tapatalk ID before May 16th for continued access to these features.

-Current Tapatalk Pro users: You won’t be losing your Pro status as a Tapatalk Pro supporter. The transition to a single free app means that we are going to have to find a new way to enable you to use all your Pro features with the same app everyone has access to. To achieve this, we are enabling “Tapatalk VIP” status for all users who have purchased Tapatalk Pro.

-Side note: we are rewarding our active Tapatalk support forum members who have 5 posts or more as of May 2nd, with Tapatalk VIP accounts as well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Who needs Tapatalk with this new site? This and another forum I frequent the most have both upgraded and have mobile versions which rock!

dmanns67

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mooseman said:
Who needs Tapatalk with this new site? This and another forum I frequent the most have both upgraded and have mobile versions which rock!
I agree. The new site is nice on a mobile device, but Tapatalk is quicker on my S3. I know there are a few TapaTalk users and just giving everyone a heads up when I came across the message in case anyone wanted to submit for a refund since May 16th is the cut off date.

dmanns67

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
They have a free version and then paid version. I think the big difference was paid did not have any ads and maybe a couple extra features. Now there is only going to be one, so I am sure there will be issues with using TapaTalk on Friday this week. I might have to download and install the free version again :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I still have never paid for an app.

Nice to give the ones that did a heads up for a refund though!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online