sway bar end links

dwzook

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Yes I know there are plenty of end link threads. Just another question though. Just got done with my rough country lift. Went driving around, and noticed some squeaking over some bumps. Further inspection I can feel the squeek on the sway bar when moving the truck up and down. Can hear the squeeking on both sides, and feel slight vibration that coincides with the squeaking while holding the sway bar. Do I need different end links with just the 2" leveling kit?

dwzook

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I guess I should add, the end links all got changed about a year ago with no problems prior to lift. Made sure I tightenened all the end links as well.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I would spray WD40 into the bushings and see if your new height just put a different part of the bar in touch with different parts of the bushings. Grease them if the WD40 changes the noise.

Reactions: jpimp

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If you need new...build your own. Simple and works well.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
If you need new...build your own. Simple and works well.
Hello! Could you explain further about making your own end links?

While I'm here, does anybody offer urathane swaybar to chassis bushings?

Thanks!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Us offroaders sometimes use quick disconnect ones and had to make them ourselves sine no big companies really support this platform for such usage. I just made some simple bolt on ones and they are doing really well for me.

Couple heim joints, some all-thread and few bolts and washers. Used lug nuts on the bolts for the rounded end to allow a little movement. Joints are greasable. Simple, strong, easy to tighten up if needed.

Not sure on the bushings. Before i made these I had the front bar unhooked for about a year and my rear bar has been fully removed for a long time. The SS performance guys would likely know better.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Ahh very interesting, thank you sir!

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I've found the bushings! Prothane makes them. Fronts only though.

46mm: 71184.
44mm: 71186.
34mm: 71187.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I'd just like to update this. Prothane does indeed make the rear bushings. 7-1185-BL for 24mm bars.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The Smaxx ones have been reported to not last all that long without a rebuild. How long have you ran them and how are they holding up?

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I view these endlinks as being binding in the wrong directions when compared to the stock style. Some of the suspension movement needs to be fluid and bind-free. I went with greasable Moog end links. Greased like every other oil change and they should last a good long time.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
The Smaxx ones have been reported to not last all that long without a rebuild. How long have you ran them and how are they holding up?
I would have to double check, but I would say about 4 years now.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I have suspension max endlinks I put on a year ago this month. They seem to be doing alright for me. $100 a pair but worth it.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
I just don't get why the Suspension Maxx links are so expensive, they look like any other 20-30 dollar energy suspension endlink plus 2 heavy duty eye bolts per link, you would think they would come in cheaper then the Moogs.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I just replaced my rear SMAXX links with Moogs because they both snapped after about 5 years.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Daniel644 said:
what part snapped, the rod or the "eye bolt" ends?
The rod just under the bushings on the end that mounts to the frame.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online