Straw that broke the camels back...Time for a tune!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I drove a 2 before getting the tune in mine. To me, the 2 felt like the extra "umph" that's there when they shift in the mornings when the truck and the outside temps are super cold. I didn't get the 2.

Exactly what I've been feeling these recent mornings.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I drove a 2 before getting the tune in mine. To me, the 2 felt like the extra "umph" that's there when they shift in the mornings when the truck and the outside temps are super cold. I didn't get the 2.

Awesome, thanks for the comparison because now I know exactly what you are talking about. I dont know that I'd want a shift firmness #2 if thats what its like. I do a fair share of city driving and that would get annoying. #1 it is!

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
As I have been reading for the last few days, everyone seems very pleased with the tune. A few have even talked about an increase in mpg's. I am wondering if any of you have any real data on your increase? My envoy is a family hauler, so I am not needing the performance (although it sounds like a lot of fun), but we do drive between 18-19,000 miles a year - most of that would be interstate. I am just wondering if anyone has seen the 1-3 mpg increase that they claim to get from pcmforless? Thanks.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
PLEASE, JACK STANDS AND CHOCKS WHEN UNDER A RAISED VEHICLE.

Lost a friend years ago when his car fell off the jack and crushed him a week before retirement.

Same thing happened to a kid way back in highschool in the 80's. Oil change with a bumper jack and he was crushed.

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
Iahawkeye said:
As I have been reading for the last few days, everyone seems very pleased with the tune. A few have even talked about an increase in mpg's. I am wondering if any of you have any real data on your increase? My envoy is a family hauler, so I am not needing the performance (although it sounds like a lot of fun), but we do drive between 18-19,000 miles a year - most of that would be interstate. I am just wondering if anyone has seen the 1-3 mpg increase that they claim to get from pcmforless? Thanks.

well you wont notice the mpg increase right away but after a few tanks you will!i went to florida and thats 1500 miles and i only spent less than $300 on gas wich added up to like 21 plus miles a gallon and cruising at 75 mph!with the tune!

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
havie22 said:
well you wont notice the mpg increase right away but after a few tanks you will!i went to florida and thats 1500 miles and i only spent less than $300 on gas wich added up to like 21 plus miles a gallon and cruising at 75 mph!with the tune!

and riding on 20s with a full truck people and luggage!

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
havie22 said:

Do you know what you were getting before the tune? I average between 18-21mpg on road trips with the cruise set at 70mph. As I mentioned earlier, we drive this envoy alot and a 1mpg increase would cover the cost in year, a 2-3mpg increase would more than pay for itself (and is what i am hoping for), especially if the price of gas sails north of $4 this summer. Thanks.

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
Iahawkeye said:
Do you know what you were getting before the tune? I average between 18-21mpg on road trips with the cruise set at 70mph. As I mentioned earlier, we drive this envoy alot and a 1mpg increase would cover the cost in year, a 2-3mpg increase would more than pay for itself (and is what i am hoping for), especially if the price of gas sails north of $4 this summer. Thanks.

i havent cheked accurately when i do ill post !

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Mich meet your worst nemesis :rotfl:
[video=youtube;szkFB5pycq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkFB5pycq0&feature=related[/video]

get that tune ASAP Im changing mine over to PCM as well my local guy is good but hes more of a snake tuner big Viper And Cobra guy hes alright with the LS

:rotfl:

Ok I didnt see this the other day, but I LMAO'd for about a good 5 minutes after seeing this post/video and just want to tell you that youre a total dickcheese for making me feel like a total weenie :biggrin:

I ordered the tune!! I went with shift firmness #1, 87 octane, delete fan codes so IF my fan clutch ever goes bad (original replaced under warranty at 48k miles now at 153k) then I can go e-fan or at least the new non-electro visc clutch, I also chose CAI - I think Im going to make that DIY one or at the very least, buy a used volant one! :thumbsup:

Oh I did the loaner program. How long until I get my loaner PCM? Im really really excited now :wootwoot::lightbulb:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
MichEnvoyGuy said:
:rotfl:

Ok I didnt see this the other day, but I LMAO'd for about a good 5 minutes after seeing this post/video and just want to tell you that youre a total dickcheese for making me feel like a total weenie :biggrin:

I ordered the tune!! I went with shift firmness #1, 87 octane, delete fan codes so IF my fan clutch ever goes bad (original replaced under warranty at 48k miles now at 153k) then I can go e-fan or at least the new non-electro visc clutch, I also chose CAI - I think Im going to make that DIY one or at the very least, buy a used volant one! :thumbsup:

Oh I did the loaner program. How long until I get my loaner PCM? Im really really excited now :wootwoot::lightbulb:
I predict you will get the loaner PCM when the delivery driver shows up at your door. :raspberry:

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
You know, I lay in bed watching a George Carlin live rerun and thinking about the tune...

Was I supposed to mention somewhere on my order sheet that I wanted the torque management removed or is that something that pcm4less does automatically when tuning our pcms?

I dont tow much anymore and if I do its probably less than 1500lbs, maybe 1x a year. Is that worth mentioning?

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
This vette servo looks hard to install anybody got pics? Very interested in this...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSB