SS Section?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yesssss Super Sports section off road is dominating this forum I feel threatened hardtrailz is going to run over my truck any minute lol

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
Yeah! :thumbsup:

Us mall crawlers and rice eaters would like a place to sit too!! :loveintheair:

aefd5580-9709-b83f.jpg

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:

Shush you. We can make a "Vanilla Ride" for you to post in if you're jealous. :raspberry:

smitty5150 said:
What's an ss? How fast do you guys need to get to the grocery store?:raspberry:

It's not how fast we get there. It's getting home BEFORE the ice cream melts that drives us. :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
And doesn't the creator of the site own an SS :crackup: :raspberry:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
HEY!! :nono:

I am working on everything technical, Ghoster handles community relations.

ATTACK!! :whistle:

And no... ghoster does not have an SS.:no:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ohhhh man, what did I do :rotfl:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I am not sure what the point of an SS section is. We have an off-road technical section, and a towing tech section, they are not for general discussion or chat. We have a seperate sub-section for the 6.0l, which is also tech discussion for the SS specific engine. If I add an SS section I also have to add an LS, LT, LTZ, and Northface sections.

So what exactly are you looking for?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Well.... Good question. :redface:

But on a side note, there are Silverado SS's still out there... they don't have have the 6.0L engine.

They'd need a place to play too. :wink:

Don't they have a Yukon SS out there? I've seen some with them badges on them... :rotfl:

And we all know it's just a matter of time before they badge the Acadia with SS. Hell, they tagged the HHR... :lipsrsealed:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
Well.... Good question. :redface:

But on a side note, there are Silverado SS's still out there... they don't have have the 6.0L engine.

They'd need a place to play too. :wink:

Don't they have a Yukon SS out there? I've seen some with them badges on them... :rotfl:

And we all know it's just a matter of time before they badge the Acadia with SS. Hell, they tagged the HHR... :lipsrsealed:

Theres Silverado SS and 454ss and Yukon GT and lord knows how many others. We will add engines as it is needed, but sections for something specific is a little hard to do. I am not even sure that the TBSS is even the most unique of the gmt360 family, I think that honor goes to the Envoy XUV. I am not against a "performance" section. However if I do that, then people want a "hi-performance" section for f/i and major builds.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
How about we just call it:

"Street & Track performance" section?

Kinda puts everyone under the same umbrella and services all makes. :undecided:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
How about we just call it:

"Street & Track performance" section?

Kinda puts everyone under the same umbrella and services all makes. :undecided:

1264368590910.jpg

:raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
my interpretation of the request is for an aftermarket performance subforum under the LS2 section.
but the aftermarket LS2 mods pertain to the lh6 as well...

rather not just have a forum for kill stories. nothing more annoying. like some guy telling you about all the hot chicks he banged... bleh who gives a hoot

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
jimmyjam said:
... like some guy telling you about all the hot chicks he banged... bleh who gives a hoot

I think half the guys here are staring at the screen speechless now...

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
I think half the guys here are staring at the screen speechless now...

:rotfl:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Speedmama said:
I agree with this. :thumbsup:

right..... which would include everything from a turbo charged 4 cylinder in an s-10 to a stroker motor in an SS to a super charged 454 cubic inch monster. And what makes it performance? Is it anti-performance if its not modified? If it has an exhaust and a tune is it "performance"? If doing a performance based mod is what we use to define "performance" then the vast majority of SS's don't fit the category because most of them are still stock. What I am saying is your definition of "performance" isn't necessarily the same as mine. If we make a section for hi-performance, we have to define what goes in that category. I don't think an SS with a tune and an exhaust would qualify. Norcals beast would, Jimmyjams stroker would, efi-diy's I6 would qualify too. Does my car qualify me since it could take any of them on a street course?:biggrin:

So as you can see, its not that I am against a forum, but the rules to form one will be 1) The group will NOT be platform specific 2) In order to fit the category, the category will have to be clearly defined.

I am at a loss to define it, so continue the suggestions, perhaps we can hash it out.:cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The SS is not just motor, but different brakes and rearend as well. Not sure how that would help define a section, but lumping it into a 6.0 section does not make sense.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The SS is not just motor, but different brakes and rearend as well. Not sure how that would help define a section, but lumping it into a 6.0 section does not make sense.

Same can be said about a Tahoe LTZ, or a Yukon Denali with a 6.2l. See how it gets hairy. The reality is, the SS is oem performance. Chevy built it to do what it does. So a hi-performance section would have to be performance significantly higher than what it came with from the factory.:undecided:

Speedmama

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ok, SS meaning...does your vehicle come stock with the SS logo on it? Thats about at plain and simple as it can get. That goes for TBSS, Silvy SS's....blah blah blah. How much simpler could that be? You either bought an SS or ya didnt.

Speedmama

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
oh, and the purpose would be....JUST BECAUSE....to have another section added on. Im sorry, I know nothing about "running" a forum, so call me an idiot if i dont understand why its such a big deal to ask for another section that may or may not be a hit.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Speedmama said:
ok, SS meaning...does your vehicle come stock with the SS logo on it? Thats about at plain and simple as it can get. That goes for TBSS, Silvy SS's....blah blah blah. How much simpler could that be? You either bought an SS or ya didnt.

If that's the defining factor then I have to make an:

LS
LT
SL
SLT
LTZ
North Face
XUV
Denali
GT
Z71
Typhoon
Cyclone
W/T

The list goes on and on and on of the "special" builds that GM has done. They are all a part of a larger platform, though unique in their own ways. That would be way way too many sections for a forum, so we have to consolidate them somehow. What ever definition we come up with, I don't think badges will be the only defining factor. But who knows, we are still trying to figure out the best way to do it.:cool:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Speedmama said:
oh, and the purpose would be....JUST BECAUSE....to have another section added on. Im sorry, I know nothing about "running" a forum, so call me an idiot if i dont understand why its such a big deal to ask for another section that may or may not be a hit.

The answer to that, is BECAUSE if I make one for you because you have an SS, then I have to make one for everybody that has a unique build.:cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Can I get a Backwoods Section?

0806001400.jpg

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Man, I step put of the room for 2 seconds and look what happens

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Speedmama said:
lol :smile: why not just add a forum for every color too

i can see adding an aftermarket performance thread for each engine. as far as brakes and trans go, the differences there are negligible. from a repair standpoint, there is no need to separate them as far as I know. the only big difference is the lsd in the rear and the transfer case, and I have yet to hear of anyone having a problem with either of those in an SS.

but if you're just looking for a segregated area for chatting, there is already a site for that. i know people who have no interest in talking to non-ss owners and thats fine... i personally feel that synergy across the board is better.

this site started with the original layout from the other site that included separate tech section for LL8 & LH6, and LS2 trailblazers and i found there to be a lot of redundancy

so my vote is an aftermarket performance section for each engine, as well as sub forums under appearance for each model, so envoy people can find mods for their stuff easier, etc.

oh and someone has to get it so i can put 402ci in my vehicle description:cool: as ghoster pointed out, i don't want to be lumped in with the tune and intake guys :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.