SS Rims and Appearance Mods

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I called the stealership for the hell of it, I know I know, they wanted $610 for one sideview mirror!!!!!!!! :crazy: Iv looked into aftermarket stuff, but im really leery of it. Iv read that the glass is really wavy and the parts seem cheap. Iv checked GMpartsdirect.com and the ones that I want are about $110 each. Its about double of an aftermarket, but Id rather spend the extra and get something good quality that will last me the rest of the trucks life. I even emailed to confirm its an OEM and they reassured me. $610 for 1 mirror!!!! there out of there mind.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
What are you trying to get? The turn signals on the mirrors? Buy the lenses, run 2 wires each side from the door panel out to the lenses. Done, did it on my 02 back in 06 and still working great.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
What are you trying to get? The turn signals on the mirrors? Buy the lenses, run 2 wires each side from the door panel out to the lenses. Done, did it on my 02 back in 06 and still working great.

Ditto. JMan wrote an article on it.

GMTNation - Installing Mirror Turn Signals

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Yeah, I was looking that up, thanks. Ill just sand down the cover and get it smooth before its painted. It doesnt look complicated. I sent Jman a message with a question I had regaurding to what pin exactly should I terminate the wires. He specifies which block but not which pin, wouldnt it matter for the positive? Dont you want to tap into the turn signal circuit? I must be missing something.

When I took my side moldings off I did it a day before I took the roof rack off. I used teflon tape and silicone for the holes, and then I used 3M double sided tape and put the moldings on the roof to cover the holes. The longer ones went from front to the back, with the shorter back door ones making up the rest of the molding.

I will get a few pictures tomorrow, because I dont think that I took any when I did the whole process.

Steve

Here is a photo that I had on laptop. you can kinda see it.View attachment 26440

Attachments

• 2012-06-03 19.10.26.jpg
    2012-06-03 19.10.26.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 19

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Rudeawakening said:
Yeah, I was looking that up, thanks. Ill just sand down the cover and get it smooth before its painted. It doesnt look complicated. I sent Jman a message with a question I had regaurding to what pin exactly should I terminate the wires. He specifies which block but not which pin, wouldnt it matter for the positive? Dont you want to tap into the turn signal circuit? I must be missing something.

All you need to do is take a multimeter and probe the wires. Find the turn signal + and use one of the black wires for -. Run them from there to the socket and plug in, doesnt matter which side.

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
ScarabEpic22 said:
All you need to do is take a multimeter and probe the wires. Find the turn signal + and use one of the black wires for -. Run them from there to the socket and plug in, doesnt matter which side.

Ahhhh, Ill turn the turn signal on and take readings on which pin is giving me an output when the signal is on and is not when its off on the block specified :duh: Dont know why I didnt think of that. Thanks ScarabEpic22 :thumbsup:

djez015

Jan 28, 2013

Attachments

• 2009-chevrolet-trailblazer-2wd-4-door-lt-w-3lt-rear-exterior-view_100248234_l.jpg
    2009-chevrolet-trailblazer-2wd-4-door-lt-w-3lt-rear-exterior-view_100248234_l.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
  • GM1000815.jpg
    GM1000815.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 19120217_2.jpg
    19120217_2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 95
  • HPIM1025.jpg
    HPIM1025.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 95

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I was going to orignally do that to save on money and time, but i found a whole set so I couldnt resist :biggrin: Whats going to look really cool is that there is no SS's in my color, so it'll make it a little more unique.

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Iv called GMpartsdirect about sideview mirrors and they dont understand what I want Grrrr! :mad: So im going install the turn signals myself. I checked Ebay and clear ones are about $50 each :mad: Ill have to wait untill some cheapies pop up, I dont think I can justify spending $100 on just the turn signals :hissyfit:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
If you want the clear lenses, that's the going rate unfortunately. The amber ones are usually ~30 each.

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
ScarabEpic22 said:
If you want the clear lenses, that's the going rate unfortunately. The amber ones are usually ~30 each.

Rats. Oh well, I guess Ill suck it up and get em than. Thanks Scarab.

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
Rudeawakening said:
Definitely remove the roof rack, unless you use it. I never used mine. With the roof rack gone it really adds a much smother look to it and its really easy to do. Look at my album and youll see a before and after picks :thumbsup:

I got this great idea from fireman4215 to install raptor lights. Ill add 2 at the bottom as well to try to look a little more like it. I think it looks badass.

Took your advice and lost the rack lol

View attachment 26537

View attachment 26538

View attachment 26539

Attachments

• tb27.jpg
    tb27.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 21
  • tb277.jpg
    tb277.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • tb2777.jpg
    tb2777.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
djez015 said:
Engine cover for Chevy ss trailblazer

would this be going to far for a conversion lol

Only because you're going to have to fab a mounting bracket and hack it up to fit the I6...There are a bunch of 5.3L guys who have them and put an overlay over the SS badge. Seen a few Denali's and 9-7Xs done that way.

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Looks nice :thumbsup: Iv been busy and collecting more parts. Got my drop kit and pcm tune in so hopefully Ill be doing that soon :biggrin:

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Hey guys. Sorry its been such a long time, but work has been sheer madness. Good news is I got my SS front end painted and installed, ill post pictures soon. I have my old front end I want to sell. Whats a fair price for a used front end from 02 LT? Theres no cracks in it and looks new.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Rudeawakening said:
Hey guys. Sorry its been such a long time, but work has been sheer madness. Good news is I got my SS front end painted and installed, ill post pictures soon. I have my old front end I want to sell. Whats a fair price for a used front end from 02 LT? Theres no cracks in it and looks new.

:thumbsup: so jealous... pretty much following in a lot of your foot steps with mine but I have a long ways to go.

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
This truck looks familiar...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Rudeawakening said:

Have you posted the new pics yet?

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Here she is. Sorry that the pic isn't the best but there has been a lot of snow so I took some in the garage but this was the only pick that came out good due to the lighting. I would like to post some better ones when it warms up.

View attachment 32715

Attachments

• 20131207_145346.jpg
    20131207_145346.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Sexy.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Happened to be browsing on fleabay today, and caught this...lil bodywork and it'd be good to go!
if I wasn't stretched to the max getting these rims, I'd snatch it up!

[EBAY] http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-09-CHEVROLET-TRAILBLAZER-SS-FRT-BUMPER-/151230318462?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233607877e&vxp=mtr[/EBAY]

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
SBUBandit said:
You'll also need a new bumper. The SS Crossbar is part of the whole grille. The LS grille, like yours and mine, is flat across the bottom, and the bumper goes flat across to match. The 06+ LT and the SS both have an indentation in the bumper to allow the grille to go lower into them. To install an SS grille (by the way these are crazy expensive), you'll also need a front bumper from either an 06+ LT or an SS.

Many of the Trailblazers did come with a painted to match cross bar. It doesn't have the vents in the headlights, but they will fit without a new bumper

OUCH!! I was going to suggest Rockauto, so I checked. A regular bumper cover for an 06 TB can be had for under $40. One for the SS is $253. Man, those are aftermarket items, too. They really rape ya on them.

MOD: Feel free to delete my post here. I hadn't looked down and seen that this thread was 4 pages when I replied to a post on the first page. :facepalm:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online