spark plugs

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Is the AC delco "41-103" spark plug the correct number? or did they update to a new plug. I saw the number 41-981 somewhere. not sure which one is the latest

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Mar 6, 2013
41103 is correct, its an iridium plug. This is the current plug you should buy.

41981 is the old platinum plug. I think they discontinued this plug.

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Thanks. I'll run out and see if i can get them. I replaced the original plugs with some double platinum autolites a few months ago. My wife has been complaining about the way it runs ever since then. She says it idles rough and makes noise. We'll see if this helps. Anything to "make her happy". (shut her up) lol.

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
I got 6 41-103's spark plugs. i checked the gap on all 6. Four of them are set at .040, one is set at .038, and the last one is set to .035. I read an article that said if you must gap them to use needle nose pliers and do not touch the iridium center or porcelain. Should I gap them to .043? gap them to match .040? or not gap them at all?

http://www.densoiridium.com/faq.php

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
FWIW I don't adjust them. Don't want that iridium titty popping off.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
MAY03LT said:
FWIW I don't adjust them. Don't want that iridium titty popping off.

I went this route exactly, they were all at .040 out of the box. My truck is running great since...

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
these were not all even, so i did what the iridium site recommended and took a needle nose pliers and adjusted them. I used small enough pliers, grabbed the ground strap in the hook, or curve of the strap, to where the pliers did not touch the iridium or the porcelain. being extremely carefull , kind of like the operation game. I set them to .042. I think I read somewhere that it's recommended to be .043. They just all seemed to wind up close to .042...I'm sure it would have been fine to leave them where they were at, but I'm a little nit picky with stuff.

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
installed new delco plugs and replaced the last 3 coil packs that had not gone bad yet (had 3 go bad since christmas). It is running smoother. There was no misfires with the other plugs, it just didn't run smooth. At idle the motor seem to have a slight vibration or something to it. I will never put any other plug in there besides the delco's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online