Somone knock me back into my senses on why I shouldn't trade in my TB!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Running boards look retarded. But I like the grill on there. But the orange below the grill....retarded. lol. Nice find!!

Seriously orange and boards are ugly! Like real ugly! The grill is kinda mixed feelings for now not really sure. I'm not digging the wheels either so that may be a problem to try and find me some SS wheels here in KSA.

Anyways it's an alternative let's see if he's interested. He's tight on cash and needs a cheaper car. Sooooooo that's where I come in :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Why the hell do you need more power for highway driving? Once its at highway speeds who gives a shit about power. Set the cruise and roll.

But just do something...obviously you don't want your truck. Sell it and buy what you want instead of trying some halfass trade deal.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Seems like a good starting point,just a little tweaking and it will be a sweet ride.You didn't mention it but,how are the mechanicals looking?..Mike.
BTW what is gas selling for over there?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
northcreek said:
Seems like a good starting point,just a little tweaking and it will be a sweet ride.You didn't mention it but,how are the mechanicals looking?..Mike.
BTW what is gas selling for over there?

My trans is slipping and seems gonna be headed for a rebuild soon enough that's another main reason. Gas selling prices are about 0.15 cents per litre. In other words I fill her up with about $10 :wink:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Why the hell do you need more power for highway driving? Once its at highway speeds who gives a shit about power. Set the cruise and roll.

But just do something...obviously you don't want your truck. Sell it and buy what you want instead of trying some halfass trade deal.

P.S When I trade in I get better value here that's why don't wanna sell and buy :biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
fadyasha said:
My trans is slipping and seems gonna be headed for a rebuild soon enough that's another main reason. Gas selling prices are about 0.15 cents per litre. In other words I fill her up with about $10 :wink:

Your in for a BIG SHOCK when you move to Canada!!!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
fadyasha said:
Gas selling prices are about 0.15 cents per litre. In other words I fill her up with about $10 :wink:

WOW! at 0.15 pl I'd be putting a blower on that SS:yes:....Mike.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
northcreek said:
WOW! at 0.15 pl I'd be putting a blower on that SS:yes:....Mike.

haha! Yeh cheapest in the world and it's 95 octane too! The 90 is even cheaper lol! It's only Saudi that has this price don't worry. Back home it costs me around $100-110 to fill her up :eek:

Short Bus said:
Your in for a BIG SHOCK when you move to Canada!!!

:rotfl::rotfl: Yeh I gotta idea though. I went there for a visit back in 2009. I rented a Suzuki Swift :redface:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
If you do get that TBSS I say get rid of that red/orange crap on the bottom or black it out with plasti dip and that grill I would just black it out! Looks good just the chrome isn't doing it much justice though!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I don't get it...gas prices are bull shit!! The gov't is crooked. Just pisses me (and prolly everyone) off. Its just plain f***in stupid.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
silvernclean said:
I don't get it...gas prices are bull shit!! The gov't is crooked. Just pisses me (and prolly everyone) off. Its just plain f***in stupid.

Yep, corporate and government greed at it's best (or worse?).

fadyasha said:
haha! Yeh cheapest in the world and it's 95 octane too! The 90 is even cheaper lol! It's only Saudi that has this price don't worry. Back home it costs me around $100-110 to fill her up :eek:

Were is back home?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Short Bus said:
Yep, corporate and government greed at it's best (or worse?).

Were is back home?

I'm originally Palestinian but having a Jordanian citizenship. Both Palestine and Jordan got high prices, taxes, etc... Mostly like the US except the wages suck big time! An average pay would be anywhere between $700-$1000 a month. That's considered good.

If you're a hot shot you'd be making 3-4k. Not many hot shots though just that %1 of the society. The average family are now barely holding on. Just sad!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Well finally made my decision. Though was having mixed feelings and all I've decided to keep my TB another year or so until I immigrate. It's now time to complete my pending project for the HU and new shoes + tires!

I got two options for shoes! 1. purchase 17'' american trench that come in chrome online or option 2 which is to purchase Boss 316's from a guy here locally but they're 20's! You guys know him from the old OS he was AbuAbdulaziz! Real nice guy! he sold his TB to his uncle and got stuck with a GMC Acadia :no::no:

problem with 20's though they're awesome looking rims and available immediately, it means gotta get spacers to fit in the bigger tires cuz i'm lifted. Don't wanna go down that road. Here's a pic of the rims and his ex-ride! Some of you may recognize it! He's here in Saudi Arabia too.

05112008280.jpg

Other route is Sticking to 17's for now which means I can keep my existing tires so dont spend all my money at once lol!
Soooooo all this being said i'll be seeing you around :tongue:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
glad to hear youre keepin her bro... im keeping mine too... you can find out why in my spun bearing thread :yes:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
No offense but,after following all of your dilemmas I'm thinking that maybe all you really need is a girlfriend:yes:...just sayin'...Mike.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
glad to hear youre keepin her bro... im keeping mine too... you can find out why in my spun bearing thread :yes:

yup been following you bro glad you're keeping it!

northcreek said:
No offense but,after following all of your dilemmas I'm thinking that maybe all you really need is a girlfriend:yes:...just sayin'...Mike.

None taken.. a Girlfriend eih? Don't think the wife will be too happy about that

silvernclean said:
Lmao. Haha
:mad:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
fadyasha said:
None taken.. a Girlfriend eih? Don't think the wife will be too happy about that

Yeah,then all of your commuting would be by Camel :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online