some noise help, please

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
hii i have 2 questions

1- what is the best coil pack for tb 2006 ??
2- what can cause that strange sound like old swing when iam driving on bad road or off road ?

thank u all

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Me007gold said:
OEM coil packs, and Possibly bad shocks out back?

hmm is there any way to test the shocks i dont think the old way works with tb !!

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
jumping on bumper usually works.. unless u got stiffer springs in the back...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Links clunk. Bushings often creak. Shocks can do both. Control arm mounts can creak. A loose winch cable on your SPARE TIRE can make all sorts of bad noises when bumped.

You need perhaps three people. Two to jump on the bumper and one underneath to listen. Or just spray every possible bushing (one at a time) with silicone and see if the noise changes its behavior.

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
the roadie said:
Links clunk. Bushings often creak. Shocks can do both. Control arm mounts can creak. A loose winch cable on your SPARE TIRE can make all sorts of bad noises when bumped.

You need perhaps three people. Two to jump on the bumper and one underneath to listen. Or just spray every possible bushing (one at a time) with silicone and see if the noise changes its behavior.

hmm :confused: i was looking on youtube and found 2 videos, its almos the same sound

[video=youtube;rBhb6UrWomc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhb6UrWomc[/video]

[video=youtube;qRDnGJZmYzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRDnGJZmYzk[/video]

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
the roadie said:
So how can we help? :confused: You need to get under there, get dirty, and push on things until you duplicate the noise. I see nothing confusing, unless you already did that.

well first thing am going to do is to get under the car and make anybody shake it hope this will work !

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Mine were the upper control arms. I took some Wd040 and started spraying away each part one by one and then taking a spin around the neighborhood til I finally narrowed it down. If you end up spraying everything and still got some sounds then it's probably your shocks :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online