[SOLD] CGS Cold Air Intake w/Conical Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I have a CGS Intake with conical filter for any I6/Vortec 4200/4.2l up until 2005, will not work on '06+, after they added the MAF Sensor to the intake. Designed to seat filter in the stock location inside the airbox. (I hollowed my box out and opened up the front for even freer moving air). Looks just like the Airaid tub, just made of metal and not plastic. Filter is oiled gauze, however any standard cone filter fits. I've cleaned and re-oiled the filter, so it's ready for installation.

Physically perfect, however I've added a piece of fat-mat to tighten the way it fit in the factory air box. Can be easily removed with a heat gun or hair-dryer, just affects the unit cosmetically at the passage into the airbox.

Asking $50 or best offer.

Ray aka YLAB
cyberdog433@hotmail.com

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Pics coming later today. I was able to peel the fat-mat layer off, but put some scrapes on it. - I took it outside, cleaned it up with paint thinner (if you ever need to get that butyl off, it cuts right trough it!), sanded and repainted the tube. - Nearly the same color of silver as it was, but brighter as I used chrome paint. Once she's dry I'll snap a couple of photos and post the up.

Ray

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Here's what the intake looks like guys.

Thanks,
Ray

Attachments

• 20140914_190328.jpg
    20140914_190328.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25

wsweet

Sep 25, 2014
i have an 03, and does this have the spots for all the sensors that hook up in the intake portion of the pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online