So depressed....

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I'm going to whine for a little bit, just because I have already whined my problems with Mat, and I'm still feeling whiney lol.

Most of you have read my concerns with my trucks paint and clear coat issues. He just looks like pure and utter shit. I LOVE my truck, but yes...I have considered trading it in simply because of the paint issues, but I just can't see trading it in because of that one issue, especially because it is almost paid for. I need a permanent solution to his issue, the touch up paint just looks horrible because there is so much fading, which has left parts of the door and drivers side fender looking brown.

I put in an e-mail at a Maaco for a full body paint job quote. I will also be looking at a custom shop here in town who warranty's their work, and is decently priced, with very good reviews. We still have plans to buy Mat a TB the beginning of next year, all while trying to find a decently priced shop to get my truck fully painted. I know Maaco isn't all that great, but price is generally good and the paint job will work as it will at least(Hopefully) hold up for 5 years.

I don't see how the hell the paint and clear coat can take a shit in 8 months. There wasn't even a hint that the paint or clear coat was bad when we bought it, and now..it just looks like shit. On a plus note...I did spray paint the passenger side front fender today, and it looks fairly decent. I know that won't hold up that long, but I won't mind doing a few sprays of it every month until we can get it into a body shop for real paint. I'm just sad lol....I know it can happen to any Envoy or TB out there, and I feel bad that I considered trading it in simply because of the paint issues....

Anyways, i'm done whining now lol

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Unfortunately someone probably used some "miracle sealant" or something on it in the past that destroyed the clearcoat. It may have been that way when it was traded and the dealer made it look pretty or it may have just took this long for the damage to appear. Another one of those wonderful treatments that just destroys for $19.95 plus S&H...

Alot of vehicles have been destroyed by people using those chemicals that are supposed to shine up the old paint with no clear also, they don't have a clue and use it on clear coat and within a year or two the rainbows show up and the clear goes away, turning your base coat into dust....

Feel for ya` on this one...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
RayVoy said:
I used Black Box on my truck and Margot's Saturn (both are black) this summer. It produces a nice finish, and it may fill in a few scratches with a black dye; but honestly, the only thing that really turned black was my hands.

I'm not worried about the little scratches, it's the BIG area's and overall issue. A nice wax won't even do much good.

View attachment 22961

View attachment 22962

View attachment 22963

I painted this part with black spray paint and spray clear coat...Doesn't look to bad, will get a picture of it tomorrow.

View attachment 22964

Attachments

• IMG_20120915_091906.jpg
    IMG_20120915_091906.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20120915_091924.jpg
    IMG_20120915_091924.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20120915_091948.jpg
    IMG_20120915_091948.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20120915_092041.jpg
    IMG_20120915_092041.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33
Dec 16, 2011
RayVoy said:
I used Black Box on my truck and Margot's Saturn (both are black) this summer. It produces a nice finish, and it may fill in a few scratches with a black dye; but honestly, the only thing that really turned black was my hands.

In a moment of weakness and desperation (I was out of Meguiar's, I was feeling poor, I was in an area that has a Wal-Mart and no Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts), I bought Turtle Wax trim restorer. It looks great when it first goes on. One small bit of rain, and I have white streaks down my "black" plastic trim. If it doesn't rain for two weeks (not "three months" as the package claims), I have white bumpers and pads thanks to the UV.

I am going to Advance this week after payday, and I would rather watch my bumpers rot off my truck than ever spend a cent on another Turtle Wax product.

Just sayin'.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Voymom said:
I'm not worried about the little scratches, it's the BIG area's and overall issue. A nice wax won't even do much good.

View attachment 9443

View attachment 9444

View attachment 9445

I painted this part with black spray paint and spray clear coat...Doesn't look to bad, will get a picture of it tomorrow.

View attachment 9446

Just a question Voymom. Is the paint original or has the truck been painted because it looks like the clear coat has not bonded to the paint. Gm had that problem with red in the 80's & 90's and it looked the same. Maybe the paint was not applied properly with the clear coat.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
UMEXT said:
In a moment of weakness and desperation (I was out of Meguiar's, I was feeling poor, I was in an area that has a Wal-Mart and no Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts), I bought Turtle Wax trim restorer. It looks great when it first goes on. One small bit of rain, and I have white streaks down my "black" plastic trim. If it doesn't rain for two weeks (not "three months" as the package claims), I have white bumpers and pads thanks to the UV.

I am going to Advance this week after payday, and I would rather watch my bumpers rot off my truck than ever spend a cent on another Turtle Wax product.

Just sayin'.

I have never used turtle wax products before, but heard good things about their black box kit. I to usually use Meguiar's. But I get HEAVY, nasty, crappy residue when using any of their wash and wax products. I usually still use it, but I mainly just like Meg's for the leather conditioner.

Fire06 said:
Just a question Voymom. Is the paint original or has the truck been painted because it looks like the clear coat has not bonded to the paint. Gm had that problem with red in the 80's & 90's and it looked the same. Maybe the paint was not applied properly with the clear coat.

Yes, as far as we know, and have been told by a GM dealership, it is the original paint that was applied to the truck during assembly. It doesn't make much of a difference though, whether it is GM's fault or a previous owners fault, either way I'm the one stuck paying for it.

TBGal

Sep 14, 2012
I understand your frustration. It may help to keep your focus on your plan instead. The plan to get Phantom paid off, get your wedding expenses behind you, purchase a vehicle for your hubby, and then get a really good paint job that will last on Phantom. It will be worth every penny, because it will look good and will LAST with proper care and upkeep.

The clear coat problem won't be there forever! You WILL get it taken care of properly in time. You did paint over the spots that had no paint, and that was your immediate issue. Just think of your time waiting to be able to get Phantom painted as time you are spending on getting his maintenance up-to-date and getting him as mechanically sound as possible, as you have been doing. :smile: So, you aren't doing nothing right now - you are getting his insides taken care of, then you will be able to get his outsides taken care of! :yes:

Something else you can do right now that may help you feel better is to get Phantom's interior cleaned up. I think you mentioned needing to clean the floors and getting some floor mats. That is something your older kids could even help you with. All that takes is some good carpet cleaner, towels and a lot of elbow grease. And, go ahead and get some floor mats now, even Dollar Store brand is better than nothing. The day after I got my truck, I put floor mats in it. I'd really like to purchase some Husky's, but I got what I could afford for now, because I can't go one day without floor mats without getting the floors filthy.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
TBGal said:
I understand your frustration. It may help to keep your focus on your plan instead. The plan to get Phantom paid off, get your wedding expenses behind you, purchase a vehicle for your hubby, and then get a really good paint job that will last on Phantom. It will be worth every penny, because it will look good and will LAST with proper care and upkeep.

The clear coat problem won't be there forever! You WILL get it taken care of properly in time. You did paint over the spots that had no paint, and that was your immediate issue. Just think of your time waiting to be able to get Phantom painted as time you are spending on getting his maintenance up-to-date and getting him as mechanically sound as possible, as you have been doing. :smile: So, you aren't doing nothing right now - you are getting his insides taken care of, then you will be able to get his outsides taken care of! :yes:

Something else you can do right now that may help you feel better is to get Phantom's interior cleaned up. I think you mentioned needing to clean the floors and getting some floor mats. That is something your older kids could even help you with. All that takes is some good carpet cleaner, towels and a lot of elbow grease. And, go ahead and get some floor mats now, even Dollar Store brand is better than nothing. The day after I got my truck, I put floor mats in it. I'd really like to purchase some Husky's, but I got what I could afford for now, because I can't go one day without floor mats without getting the floors filthy.

Thanks TBGal! You know, Mat took me to look at other Envoy's for a possible trade in on my Birthday. I drove an 04....and even though it was the same exact vehicle, it just didn't feel the same. It had that awkward first drive feel to it, which I hate for a number of reasons. I should probably spend some quality time on the inside of the truck, where it at least looks half way decent :raspberry: I have floor mats now, which are carpet and color matched, but I hate them. Maybe I can rip them out, and have the older boys work on them for me.

It's just been a huge heart ache for me seeing my truck in such crappy condition cosmetics wise, We spent a long time, a lot of gas, and a lot of arguing lol in order to find this truck, and sometimes it just gets me down. I know I made a mechanically good choice, which is all that really matters, the truck has very very little surface rust which was just a bonus.

When it comes down to it, this truck isn't just a truck to me, it's a bit more than that. I don't think I could trade it in or let it go. My feelings are still hurt over the condition, but I'll get over it. I don't feel any where near the sadness I did when Mat broke a bolt in the engine block, or poured some crappy engine restore in it lol :rotfl: So I know this too shall pass.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Something to consider with Maaco is they generally do very crappy prep work so the paint job doesn't last very long. If you do the prep work properly yourself then their painting isn't too bad usually. Typically would have orange peel I'm sure, but then GM OEM paint isn't known for its perfect mirror finish anyway :tongue: I don't know how much you know about prep work. I don't know much of anything so I can't help with that.

I feel you on the cosmetic stuff. I really did like my previous Camaro a lot, but it was scratched, dented, cracked, paint-chipped, and rusty. I wanted to save it but couldn't. Then after the accident it was trashed anyway :frown: My Trailblazer is actually in a similar boat, rust-wise. Dings, dents, scratches, not too bad really. Just a few spots here and there. But rust... man, it's rotting out. I don't want to know what it will look like after this winter...

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Voymom said:

View attachment 9443

View attachment 9446

You do know that the Roadie would call that "Trail rash, character, or experience rubs" or something along those lines.

Why don't you just lift it and go play with the off-road people. Touch ups are expected, and everyone of the blemishes has a story behind it.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Any of youns with kids will know what I am talking about....

The post saying about what roadie would say about trail rash and stuff... "Im not gettin rid of my dents, those are memories" -Tow Mater :thumbsup:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
If I cried and called the cops to make a police report over a shopping cart hitting my truck, I probably wouldn't last very long on the trail lmao.

I also mutilated a tree in my front yard because it was trying to kill Phantom....

And, That "Trail rash" was done by the dealership....(before I bought it) Had plans to get a new fender, but we're having a wedding instead :biggrin:

Proof of said mutilated tree

View attachment 22968

View attachment 22969

I wanted to edit- I had my pity party and I feel a ton better lol. I don't have very many people who I can vent to that would understand. I already cried to the hubby and to my dad, and they understand. I love my truck, and I think I was more sad abut the thought of trading him in than anything else(it was my idea). I know Mat just wants a happy wifey so he entertained the possibility of trading in the truck, but it's not going to happen. I will just make sure the wedding pictures are done on the trucks semi-good side.

We'll get the truck better soon. And I know I can still attend meets without feeling embarrassed about it, I know I take good care of the truck. I think wedding stress, has made me pick something else to over stress about. I have 26 days left until the big day!

Attachments

• IMG_20120920_112654.jpg
    IMG_20120920_112654.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20120920_112644.jpg
    IMG_20120920_112644.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I'm still struggling to understand how that level of clear coat damage happened. I've only ever saw that in the sunny states. Here, they rust before you see that kind of pealing unless it was a manufacturer issue. Do you have some close up of the truck from when you got it.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
I'm still struggling to understand how that level of clear coat damage happened. I've only ever saw that in the sunny states. Here, they rust before you see that kind of pealing unless it was a manufacturer issue. Do you have some close up of the truck from when you got it.

I do have some stock pictures....They were taken about 2 days after I brought it home. There are a lot of pictures so bear with me.

View attachment 22971

View attachment 22972

View attachment 22973

View attachment 22974

View attachment 22975

View attachment 22976

This was the beginning, I noticed it in April/May of this year. I bought the truck in January of this year.

View attachment 22977

View attachment 22978

Injury from the dealership....

View attachment 22979

My attempt to spray paint it for a temporary solution

View attachment 22980

View attachment 22981

View attachment 22982

Attachments

• 1326925422166.jpg
    1326925422166.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 1328030051795.jpg
    1328030051795.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 1328030040949.jpg
    1328030040949.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 1328030078785.jpg
    1328030078785.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 1328030221458.jpg
    1328030221458.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20120131_111623.jpg
    IMG_20120131_111623.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120323_190359.jpg
    IMG_20120323_190359.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120323_190411.jpg
    IMG_20120323_190411.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120915_092041.jpg
    IMG_20120915_092041.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120924_120240.jpg
    IMG_20120924_120240.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20120924_120249.jpg
    IMG_20120924_120249.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20120924_120300.jpg
    IMG_20120924_120300.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
That front fender in the pictures after you got it does look a bit different than the door paint.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
That front fender in the pictures after you got it does look a bit different than the door paint.

I wonder if it's from the lighting or the camera? There are no accidents reported on the VIN, which I know that doesn't mean it wasn't involved, but the problem is also on the drivers door, and not just on the fender. I just noticed that the clear coat is now coming off of the area by the windshield.

If it was just the fender, I could see that maybe the fender was replaced and the paint job was horrid, but the problem is spreading throughout the vehicle. It is also peeling on the front bumper, rear bumper, and passenger side. Also the roof has a few spots as well.

I will go out and see if I can get some more pictures.

Front bumper
View attachment 22987

Fog light front bumper
View attachment 22988

Rear bumper
View attachment 22989

Roof spec
View attachment 22990

Another spec on the roof
View attachment 22991

These last 3 pictures are to show the severe color fading, making the fender and door look brown compared to the rest of the truck.
View attachment 22992

View attachment 22993

View attachment 22994

Attachments

• IMG_20120924_132813.jpg
    IMG_20120924_132813.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20120924_132820.jpg
    IMG_20120924_132820.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20120924_132912.jpg
    IMG_20120924_132912.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20120924_133003.jpg
    IMG_20120924_133003.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120924_133022.jpg
    IMG_20120924_133022.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20120924_133039.jpg
    IMG_20120924_133039.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20120924_133048.jpg
    IMG_20120924_133048.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20120924_133100.jpg
    IMG_20120924_133100.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 5

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I went to a really well known local body repair shop. The shop has excellent reviews and an excellent reputation. He is registered with the BBB, and he warranties his work for LIFE!! I have been doing a lot of research and quote searching since finding out the truck was doomed without a full paint job.

Anyways, I was quoted $1600.00. It will take between a week to two weeks, as he is wanting to get fairly aggressive on the problem area's. Like I said he warranties his work for life, so if the same problem should arise, or a different paint/clear coat problem comes up, he will fix it free of charge.

This is definitely something Mat and I can swing, and won't take away from him getting a vehicle for himself either...which is extremely important for us.

So now all I have to do is budget it in, and it looks like we can get it done possibly in November...if not, we will wait until we get our tax return and use some of that towards it. I'm extremely hopeful and excited now. My Phantom will look all perty once again!

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Voymom said:
I went to a really well known local body repair shop. The shop has excellent reviews and an excellent reputation. He is registered with the BBB, and he warranties his work for LIFE!! I have been doing a lot of research and quote searching since finding out the truck was doomed without a full paint job.

Anyways, I was quoted $1600.00. It will take between a week to two weeks, as he is wanting to get fairly aggressive on the problem area's. Like I said he warranties his work for life, so if the same problem should arise, or a different paint/clear coat problem comes up, he will fix it free of charge.

This is definitely something Mat and I can swing, and won't take away from him getting a vehicle for himself either...which is extremely important for us.

So now all I have to do is budget it in, and it looks like we can get it done possibly in November...if not, we will wait until we get our tax return and use some of that towards it. I'm extremely hopeful and excited now. My Phantom will look all perty once again!

so back to color choice. :undecided:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
did that include repair of your fender ?

on another note: is it just me or should Voymom be given her own section?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
meerschm said:
so back to color choice. :undecided:

I keeping him black! I won that battle with Mat lol

fletch09 said:
did that include repair of your fender ?

on another note: is it just me or should Voymom be given her own section?

Yes that included fixing my fender, and repairing a few of the doors(bottom) which have some slight surface rust.

LOL And no, I don't need my own section. I just try to come here to get information, and I update as I go along. I get bored when the kids are all at school, so I have to talk to someone....my dogs just don't qualify for conversationists :raspberry:

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
Are you serious, $1600? To get a paint job here with warranty, from a quality shop, you'd be $6,000 to $10,000.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Voymom said:
I keeping him black! I won that battle with Mat lol

Yes that included fixing my fender, and repairing a few of the doors(bottom) which have some slight surface rust.

LOL And no, I don't need my own section. I just try to come here to get information, and I update as I go along. I get bored when the kids are all at school, so I have to talk to someone....my dogs just don't qualify for conversationists :raspberry:

that doesn't sound like to bad of a price.
especially if it includes repairs.
IIRC, shortly after my wife got her new cobalt, she backed into something and put a hole in her plastic bumper :hissyfit:
think it was around $600.00 to fix the hole and repaint the bumper.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
It's an amazing deal! And he is very qualified, been painting vehicles from semi trucks to custom show cars for 30+ years.

View attachment 22996

Attachments

• IMG_20120924_165148.jpg
    IMG_20120924_165148.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
wow $1,600 plus lifetime warranty?! That's a hell of a deal, If I ever need paint work done I will be PMing you about what shop this is! :yes:

I am also curious if you have decided on the color?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ksimm92 said:
wow $1,600 plus lifetime warranty?! That's a hell of a deal, If I ever need paint work done I will be PMing you about what shop this is! :yes:

I am also curious if you have decided on the color?

I'm keeping him black...I wanted a black truck, so it makes absolutely no sense to get a different color. Obviously having a custom paint job will run a bit more, but I could do a harmless look alike or a 2 tone paint job for $200 more :biggrin:

Which I may consider doing....depends though. I have to be extremely strict with my budget as Mat will also be getting a truck and we will need to make sure we have a bit more cash for his truck's immediate needs, and I have some things like new rotors, brakes, rubber, end links, that need to be taken care of before we get to much snow on the ground.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I custom paint parts here 'n there using professional paint, and I have to say that $1600 for a "WHOLE" SUV is a super-deal!
Honestly, that deal is second to none.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
hockeyman said:
I custom paint parts here 'n there using professional paint, and I have to say that $1600 for a "WHOLE" SUV is a super-deal!
Honestly, that deal is second to none.

Thanks! I am really excited! I really thought I was doomed quite honestly. But this gives me high hopes!

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
That price for a COMPLETE paint job sounds unbelievable, but just remember the old saying about things that seem to too good to be true.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
MacMan said:
That price for a COMPLETE paint job sounds unbelievable, but just remember the old saying about things that seem to too good to be true.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

At $1600 for the entire paint job, and a lifetime warranty, if he does a shitty job, he will be the one out money, not me.....so I'm sure he will do just fine. I don't see how a small local business could stay open or survive if he did a shitty job, and had to waste $$$ fixing stuff all the time.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, the lifetime warranty is on a signed agreement, so if he fails to follow through I will have documents of the warranty. The only thing he does not warranty is rust repair, but it is a lifetime warranty on his paint work. :thumbsup:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, the lifetime warranty is on a signed agreement, so if he fails to follow through I will have documents of the warranty. The only thing he does not warranty is rust repair, but it is a lifetime warranty on his paint work. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was about to say make sure you have a clearly detailed agreement in hardcopy and lock that up in a safe.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Porkins said:
Yeah, I was about to say make sure you have a clearly detailed agreement in hardcopy and lock that up in a safe.

Yup! I got to read the paper work while I was there. So I know it will be covered as long as I sign that paper before he touches the truck.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would consider taking mine out there for that price...

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Wow, I would drive to Iowa for a $1600 paint job and a lifetime warranty. Definately a super-deal and I'm curious if he is using urethane or a water-base paint. Water-base has come a long way and is increasingly popular and will surely be the norm someday. A buddy of mine paints and we chat it up all the time, he told me last year I was looking at $2500 if he painted mine and that was crazy cheap. Materials have just become ridiculously expensive.

Regardless you sound pretty confident and we can only trust your judgement. Can you find out what he's laying down....ie, coats of color and coats of clear? For that price GMTNation may send him some business....:thumbsup:

Sounds like he knows what he's doing and goes for a volume of satisfied customers over lesser sales at a higher profit.

Awesome deal, I would surely jump on it.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Everything is written on paper and signed by both parties, which is nice. My quote was written up by him, he gave me the original and he kept the copy, we both signed it to lock in the price, so I won't be paying anything over $1600.00 for what I want and need done, unless of course I decide to go with a 2 tone paint job, then the price will obviously change. I was given a copy of the warranty to read over and go through, he told me I didn't need to sign anything until I delivered the truck, that way we both could sign, he has his brother who also signs the warranty, as a witness and because his brother works there with him.

He was very professional, didn't rush me out the door, and answered every last question I had to the best of his knowledge. And the best part....he didn't sit there and point things out that could "Possibly" be wrong that needed repair or fixing. He said if he finds anything wrong during the prep, he will call me, I will come take a look at it, and I can either tell him to leave it be or work a game plan out to repair it.

I also like the fact that I am welcomed to watch prepping, and stop by to see his progress any time. I know I will stop by at least once because 1-2 weeks without seeing the truck would be difficult. Plus I want to try and get a few pictures here and there of the process.

He has a temperature and humidity controlled painting area which is awesome! I actually look forward to working with him. The last guy I went to see was a big time body shop, who quoted me I think $5500 for the entire job, and his work was only warrantied for 12 months and I didn't have to sign anything except a waiver claiming that he was not responsible for any damage that may occur during the painting and repair process....which is BS.

So it's this or Maaco...I think the warranty is worth the $1600.00 alone.

If I do 2 tone, I think I'm going to do this....I found it on the OS and fell in love with it!
View attachment 23000

View attachment 23001

Attachments

• images (38).jpg
    images (38).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 100
  • images (39).jpg
    images (39).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 98

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
gmcman said:
Wow, I would drive to Iowa for a $1600 paint job and a lifetime warranty. Definately a super-deal and I'm curious if he is using urethane or a water-base paint. Water-base has come a long way and is increasingly popular and will surely be the norm someday. A buddy of mine paints and we chat it up all the time, he told me last year I was looking at $2500 if he painted mine and that was crazy cheap. Materials have just become ridiculously expensive.

Regardless you sound pretty confident and we can only trust your judgement. Can you find out what he's laying down....ie, coats of color and coats of clear? For that price GMTNation may send him some business....:thumbsup:

Sounds like he knows what he's doing and goes for a volume of satisfied customers over lesser sales at a higher profit.

Awesome deal, I would surely jump on it.

I didn't ask as far as what type of paint he uses or how many coats. I know he did mention that the amount of paint used will be determined once he decides on a definite game plan for my major problem area's. I will have to ask him and can post back.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Wow, that sounds like a killer deal. For only $200 more I would say two tone is a no brainer. How much easier would it be it keep clean without the sides being black? No more black cars for this guy. Black looks great clean, but is a PITA to keep clean.

How I know this (my old car)

020808_17142.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online