Shocks and struts

deonlj2

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
I just order a Marks old style lift. Im going to at least change the front struts since they will be apart when putting the lift on. I know im not going to be able to have a factory ride after lifting but I'm wanting to stay close to it. Any suggestions on what struts to put on it. It is going to be driven on the street probably 95% of the time.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Bilstein Heavy Duty aftermarkets BE5-A333-H0. Shockwarehouse is a good vendor with posted discount codes.

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
they have great prices i just looked on their site , but would it be worth getting the rears from bilstien as well ? reason im asking is because i just ordered mark 3" new style lift and sourcing all the needed parts im going to change while installing the lift

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
they have great prices i just looked on their site , but would it be worth getting the rears from bilstien as well ? reason im asking is because i just ordered mark 3" new style lift and sourcing all the needed parts im going to change while installing the lift

From what I am to understand the Bilsten HD for the rear is not the best choice for your lift height. I believe you will want a taller rear shock.

Brand, recommendation, I'll leave that up to the experts here to chime in on. I'll be going with the BDS 5500 this coming summer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You can go with the BDS 5500 or any other white bodied shocks such as Skyjacker H7030 or Procomp 3000 series. The BDS comes with the spacers that are needed but all you need is about 20 7/16" washers for spacers for any of the rest.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think someone on the OS used Bilstein HDs from a Tahoe as they were longer as well. I don't know any specifics but it might be worth at least looking into if you're a little OCD and want all 4 shocks to match :tongue:
For all I know it may have been a failed experiment, so don't go out and buy them until you make sure they can be used.

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
I only ordered the fronts for now unitl I get my lift installed and get to take out the old shocks on my dads Z71 suburban:biggrin: got him the HD as well for front n rear of his , but have been looking towards the z71 rear spring n shock combo as well

jafo2424

Dec 6, 2011
djthumper said:
You can go with the BDS 5500 or any other white bodied shocks such as Skyjacker H7030 or Procomp 3000 series. The BDS comes with the spacers that are needed but all you need is about 20 7/16" washers for spacers for any of the rest.

Anyone got the Part # for the BDS Shocks ??

Thanks

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Use the promo code Shock55 at shockwarehouse got 5 or 10% off.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe 98224619

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
jafo2424 said:
Anyone got the Part # for the BDS Shocks ??

Thanks

Here's what they told me for mine!

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for choosing BDS Suspension Systems. We do offer a rear shock for 1-2" of lift for the 2008 Trailblazer, part number 55619. You can order these directly off the BDS website or through the BDS dealer in your area. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Distributor Lookup | BDS Suspension

Best Regards,

Ted Yearling
BDS Suspension
support@bds-suspension.com
Phone: 517-279-2135

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Maybe 98224619

Isn't that the part number for the BDS Fox 2.0 trailblazer / envoy rear shocks?

jhmeg2

Jul 1, 2012
will the SKYJACKER HYDRO 7000 SHOCK ABSORBER for an o3 taho z71 work? is this the right fit?

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
ok i have been reading lots on the rear shocks on both sights and im very confused im getin marks 3" lift no new springs i need new shocks right or can i use my stock ones????? if i need new shocks can some people put up part numbers for longer rear shocks other then BDS5500'S i have BDS part number thanks

jhmeg2

Jul 1, 2012
i don't plan on going off road, but would i benefit from a longer shock in back? It can't hurt, can it...?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Choosing a shock that's mismatched to your springs can give you a worse ride. Under-damped or over-damped. There's been a LOT of work done with BDS to get shocks available, tested, and specified to match the available Z71 Tahoe/Avalanche upgrade springs. Not so much for stock springs that just have spacers added to the stack. Spacers don't change the spring rate (stiffness) of the spring.

As I said, if you don't need more articulation, stick with the aftermarket stock length Bilsteins for the best match.

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
the roadie said:
Stock shocks work but limit your articulation. Do you use the truck off road in ways that require full flex?

at the moment no but when i get my tires and armor i will . so for now i can keep the stock on and when i get the money i will buy the tires and new shocks at that time i might put z71'sin the rear to

jhmeg2

Jul 1, 2012
Hwo lives in Wisconsin and wants to help me to a lift on my trailblazer? I'll buy pizza.
:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.