1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

Seth's 2003 TB LS Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by therealsethallen, Sep 27, 2017.

1. therealsethallen

therealsethallen Well-Known Member

So, as some of you know, I stuffed the 9-7x into a tree like a goober Labor Day weekend. To replace it I got myself this 2003 Trailblazer 4.2 LS for stupid cheap. It's an oddly optioned truck. It's an LS with cloth. But it has a sunroof and OnStar. Something I haven't seen. I am in the process of finding an unlocked 2004+ radio so I can add my XM Tuner to it. It's got 171k now. The hood is rusty, but we have plenty of junkyards with good hoods.

DISCLAIMER: Much of this is carry over from the 2005 9-7x, and while not complete yet, they are the mods that were already done to the Saab and will make their way to the TB.

The Truck

2003 Trailblazer LS
    4.2 I6
    4WD
    3.73 Gears
    G80 Locker

The Suspension Mods
    9-7x Front Sway Bar
    Monroe Load Adjust Rear Shocks
    Monroe Quick Strut Front Struts with .5" Leveler
    The Engine/Performance Mods
    Magnaflow 11229 Muffler
    Resonator Delete
    Side Exit Flowmater Chrome Tip

The Lighting/Electrical Mods
    Silverstar Bulbs
    Quad Headlight Mod
    DRL Kill
    LED, Reverse Lights, Plate Lights, Interior and Mirror Turn Signals
    Cobra CB Radio
    Kenwood 2-Meter Radio
    Emergency Lighting

Appearance Mods

LEDs In and Out
    Black Bowties on Wheel Covers and Door Molding
    Color Matched Bowtie
    Massachusetts Love Cape Ann Special Fund Plates
    AVS Window Visors
    Interior Tool Storage System (in progress)​

Trailblazer.jpg

IMG_5308.JPG.jpeg

Not quite sure where I am going to go with this build, but here we go! Mod bug has bitten, and it's time to start draining the bank account!

Mooseman likes this.
  2. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

Nice. I would have to lift front or lower back since I hate rake, but it looks like a heck off a start

therealsethallen and Mooseman like this.
  3. gpking

gpking Well-Known Member

Ay, same here! I've never noticed another LS spec'd exactly like mine before.
    Of course, leather seats, OnStar/HomeLink mirror and console, running boards, fog lights, and signal mirrors are easy enough to transplant from an LT/LTZ; but sunroof? Not so much.

I've seen more than one Blazer with an aftermarket power sunroof. Not the prettiest thing in the world...

Good luck!

4. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Isn't it fun to have the knowledge and parts to work and mod it?

Is the 9-7x front stab bar bigger? I have a 5.3 parts 9-7x that I'll have to look at the bar. My LS sure doesn't handle like my Saab.

5. therealsethallen

Don't worry, that's the plan! I'm only going to level it and put slightly larger tires under it. Nothing drastic. I am in the process of designing skid plates for it. My roomie is a Jeep guru and wants nothing more than to build my TB for me.

Yeah I've never seen one quite like it before. It's got the auto dimming rearview mirror too, which I kind of hate. That'll get swapped from the Saab which didn't have it. 02-04 leather seats are ugly IMO.

As far as I know it shares the OEM GM Part # with that of the TBSS. I found this out by accident. I ordered sway bar bushings for a 2005 TB and they didn't fit. Low and behold, different part numbers. Different sized bar.

6. therealsethallen

Color matched the old mirrors from the 9-7x. Lookin' good.

Color Matched Mirrors.jpg

Mooseman likes this.