Saturday was a Nice Day

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well Staurday turned out to be a really nice day with temps in the high 80s.
P5194175.jpg

P5194176.jpg

The only problem we ran into was the End Link seized up after moving about half way off. So we were looking at it and figured out how to get the axle down enough to slide in the spacer without having to mess with the End Links. Took us 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 hours from start to finish thats including a trip to Ace to get some more washers. We tried to tighten the End Link up and it still didn't move, we hit it with PB Blaster and a Propane Torch and still didn't move. We ended up rounding the allan key so that bolt aint comeing off unless we hack it off. Why GM why :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
So now when I turn right the body rolls on the left side then sets back. Only thing though is I hear a slight rattling sound(like a lose bolt) from the left rear. I think its the End link cause thats the only lose thing back there.

I will say this It RIDES soooo much better. I took it for a quick spin down a rocky 2track and man just a great ride.

Are some of you supprised that I and a Buddy installed it?? The front will be installed soon.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
seeing more and more lifted TB's lately... especially after the midwest meet we just had, the lifts are starting to growing on me... :thumbsup:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Forgot to mention but my buddy and I got some Sun while installing

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Boricua SS said:
seeing more and more lifted TB's lately... especially after the midwest meet we just had, the lifts are starting to growing on me... :thumbsup:

I agree, I'm liking the lifted look too, but it's not practical for me in the city. And I couldn't afford all the mods that I'd want either... :sadcry:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Sweet so far man. And ive heard about those bolts.. this is honestly what stopped me from doing a leveling kit.. :frown: How much did the lift cost you? and is it just a suspension lift? or body as well? Good luck, keep us posted :thumbsup:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
Sweet so far man. And ive heard about those bolts.. this is honestly what stopped me from doing a leveling kit.. :frown: How much did the lift cost you? and is it just a suspension lift? or body as well? Good luck, keep us posted :thumbsup:

Just a Suspension lift no body lift. I paid 454.91 for lift, shocks and struts. I'm going to cut the old links off and replace them. Don't let something as small as the end links stop you from doing the level kit.

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Cable810 said:
Well Staurday turned out to be a really nice day with temps in the high 80s.
P5194175.jpg

P5194176.jpg

The only problem we ran into was the End Link seized up after moving about half way off. So we were looking at it and figured out how to get the axle down enough to slide in the spacer without having to mess with the End Links. Took us 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 hours from start to finish thats including a trip to Ace to get some more washers. We tried to tighten the End Link up and it still didn't move, we hit it with PB Blaster and a Propane Torch and still didn't move. We ended up rounding the allan key so that bolt aint comeing off unless we hack it off. Why GM why :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
So now when I turn right the body rolls on the left side then sets back. Only thing though is I hear a slight rattling sound(like a lose bolt) from the left rear. I think its the End link cause thats the only lose thing back there.

I will say this It RIDES soooo much better. I took it for a quick spin down a rocky 2track and man just a great ride.

Are some of you supprised that I and a Buddy installed it?? The front will be installed soon.

No at all. There are certified technicians here too and most are pretty handy. Just weird you asked that question....:confused:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:

No, the rear is very easy to do, and should take no less then an hour and that includes set up and tool clean up time(unless you have to torch off some bolts from the shocks)

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Me007gold said:
No, the rear is very easy to do, and should take no less then an hour and that includes set up and tool clean up time(unless you have to torch off some bolts from the shocks)

Well it took use close to 4 Hours to do this. Never had to torch a single bolt but the End link. Reason I said "are some of you supprised" is I got a hard time on ORTB for not being able to install the lift cause of my parents. 007 You might have read that thread.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Surprised you did not just do the whole job on a nice day. It will ride even better when complete.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Surprised you did not just do the whole job on a nice day. It will ride even better when complete.

The guy that gave me a hand his daughter had a softball game and hour after we finished the rear...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online