Rock guard behind rotor scraping?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
As it says everytime I make a sharper than normal turn or a turn at an angle the metal rock guard behind the rotor rubs against the rotor until I straighten out.
I’m thinking that the bearings might be going even though the rotor is only moving a quarter of an inch it’s still not solid or is this a common issue and one I don’t have to worry about? Thanks guys!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be the hub however, that shield is useless. Rip it off.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
That’s what I plan on doing this weekend but I’m worried that even though it’s moving a small amount to bump against it it’s till moving on both sides.
I was going to replace the bearings in hopes that corrects it? Thanks for the reply

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
My stone shield on my drivers was scraping on tight turns. GM made the clearance a tad too tight between the rotor and the face of the knuckle. Once the guard rusts a bit.....it rubs. I got sick of it and ziped the lower half off the shield. Been fine since.

Reactions: C-ya and gpking

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Thank you for the advice I was just worried about the movement. From what I’ve been seeing and hearing they did a horrible job designing everything mechanical in this truck

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Could be the hub however, that shield is useless. Rip it off.
Yes, they are only there to ward off any grease or oil that could fling off of engine or suspension. I too say, "off with their heads!"

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Thank you for the advice I was just worried about the movement. From what I’ve been seeing and hearing they did a horrible job designing everything mechanical in this truck
Not everything, but there are several things that make you scratch your head. I have yet to find a vehicle that doesn't have some sort of engineering brain fart somewhere on it though.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
When you think of all the brands that were willing to slap their badges on them, the general consensus must have been that in spite of their faults they're still pretty darn good.

Reactions: Wooluf1952

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online