Repalced UCA, LCA, and Ball Joints, now Tire Rubs

rgoldberg

Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
So I have an 04 TB EXT 4x4 4.2L, I have the MarcMc 2.5" suspension lift and I have i think 1.5" spacers behind the wheels and I have 32" Cooper Discovery Tires (32" about).
I purchased Moog components to replace the UCA, LCA, and Ball joints back in december, but Ive been traveling so much I finally had my local shop install them last week. Picked her up Monday when I got back in town and the TB handles much better, but I noticed the Passenger side front tire now rubs the inner fender when turned about 15 degrees. When I first put the lift and bigger tires on I cut away enough of the inner plastic to keep the tires from rubbing in a turn, so why all the sudden is the passenger side rubbing again?
If they had put the control arms on the wrong side then both wheel would have been moved forward and then both should rub, right?

I cant understand why one side is now rubbing.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Could also be that the components were worn when you cut the relief section, but now that the new parts are in , the geometry puts the tire in a position to rub.

rgoldberg

Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Right on, I Verified the parts are correct so either my parts have been worn for a while or my inner fender is looser than it was before.
I guess I could have avoided this thread if I had just taken the time to look a bit closer.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Yeah, but then I wouldn't have had anything to read while my students finished their test.

Reactions: 02 green tb

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did ou have it aligned before or just after the new parts. There is quite a bit of adjustment possible with alignment on these

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm thinking caster could cause that. It would affect position in the wheel well so if it isn't at the same caster position as it was earlier it could cause rubbing again.

As long as the alignment is all good I wouldn't worry much, just do a tad bit more trimming if necessary.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online

No members online now.