Ready to give up...

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
ok, so I did a mock up a while ago on what I wanted to do for the grille of the TB.
tbconceptgrille2.jpg

I've done measurements, cardboard mockups, 3d rendering, and I just can't come up with anything that won't look like a barrel of ass. The problem is, that despite the image making it look like that area is angled, the hood is actually slightly forward of the top of the bumper.
tbfrontbah.jpg

It'll either end up looking like a weird mustang front end, or I have to come down the front of the bumper and I didn't like the look of it. Just pissing me off...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Keep the top of the grill tucked behind the front edge of the hood like it looks now.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
With the new hood, the razor wire grille isn't going to flow well with the softer lines... Kinda sucks cause i already have the razor wire now lol. still looking at grille and headlight options though to build something. i want to put some hi/lo projectors in the 5" bumper holes and remove the grille lights completely

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Grimor said:
i want to put some hi/lo projectors in the 5" bumper holes and remove the grille lights completely
:undecided: I like this idea. Make a housing out of PVC tubing, with an acrylic front lens. Oval cut it, if you wanna be fancy and have it flush with the bumper face. You can probably fit some MH1's in there, so still have pretty good and useful light output on the road. :yes:

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
don't forget the amber halo (oval) turn signals. at the angle they are visible from the front and side

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I guess you'd have to make those halos, I've never seen any oval shaped ones mass produced. Maybe use flexible strips?

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Blckshdw said:
I guess you'd have to make those halos, I've never seen any oval shaped ones mass produced. Maybe use flexible strips?
i can fab some, been a while since i made a pcb but it's not horribly hard

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online