'Quick-swapping' audio components between vehicles

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
(on edit: A quick search on YT gave me the info I needed, HERE
Mods: Up to you if you want to delete this post entirely. Thx)

I've got two vehicles with upgraded HUs (both are Pioneers, although that really doesn't matter). Both have 3-way pre-out connections, etc.

I also have an amp and sub enclosure that I want to swap between the vehicles at will, because I plan to be using one *or* the other for longer stretches of the year. So I'd disco the amp and the sub, and swap them into the other vehicle. Each vehicle will run 3-channel (fronts / sub), although the amp is a 5-channel, so I could put in rear speaks at some point (but likely won't).

The amp requires 4ga. wiring minimum, if that's a concern.

In a perfect world, the connectors would allow me to reconnect without the equipment, and use the HU alone, but I know that might be asking too much, especially if I don't want to re-wire / swap wiring at the HU.

So I'm thinking 'Anderson', amphenol, etc. -- foolproof, durable, safe connectors. That type of thing (but not actually Anderson, etc.)

Given the wire gauge requirement, what's my best option(s), here? I realize I may only need two of that type (power / ground), because the speaker connections, amp turn on, etc., are all much lower. So feel free to rec the other type(s), too. The thinking is 'safe, quick, reliable' (pretty much in that order).

As always, TIA for any suggestions! :tiphat::thankyou:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had this same idea just to be able to take the amp and box out to make space in the back of the TB. I wasn't as elegant about it though.

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Looks great. Now come do mine... LMAO :: j/k ::

I'll hit you up for some details after we sleep off our hangovers.
Or you can post a link, if you detailed this somewhere (here?)

Nice work! (as always) :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online