Quick Reply

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
How about getting a quick reply box at the bottom of the thread?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the qucik:raspberry: idea.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
There was a good reason why we never did it on TV..... I will be damned if I can remember what the reason was though.:undecided::undecided: Jimmy or Joe will probably remember.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Definitely I would like it, if it could work out.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I might be able to accommodate this request, but it will take some special coding to make it a user selectable option. I don't want this active by default, but for those that want to use it, I should be able to add an option to your user control panel that will allow you to turn it on.

I will not be able to work on this until the second week in December.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
I might be able to accommodate this request, but it will take some special coding to make it a user selectable option. I don't want this active by default, but for those that want to use it, I should be able to add an option to your user control panel that will allow you to turn it on.

I will not be able to work on this until the second week in December.

Take your time man! You have a lot on your plate and we all appreciate all the hard work your doing :hail:

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Jimmy, we do appreciate all you are doing and will be working on over the next several months. So far so good!!! Everything is coming together very well!!!!! :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
Take your time man! You have a lot on your plate and we all appreciate all the hard work your doing :hail:

TXBlazer said:
Jimmy, we do appreciate all you are doing and will be working on over the next several months. So far so good!!! Everything is coming together very well!!!!! :biggrin:

:iagree: For real man, you're putting in a ton of hard work. Since you're in the neighborhood, you'll have to let me buy you a beer sometime
cheers.gif

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I can definitely relate to all of the work you are putting into getting this up and running. You are doing a great job at it.

Just to clarify... That is going to be the second week of December of this year? :tongue:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Is Quick Relpy anything like Instant Messaging?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wooluf1952 said:

There's a quick reply box already active for the PMs here, as well as PMs on the OS. The PMs auto quote, I'm assuming for a thread reply they wouldn't quote anything? :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Wooluf1952 said:

Blckshdw said:
There's a quick reply box already active for the PMs here, as well as PMs on the OS. The PMs auto quote, I'm assuming for a thread reply they wouldn't quote anything? :undecided:

if it will be like anything on the other sites i belong too, its just a box at the end of the current page that allows you to post your reply there instead of hitting the reply button, then going to the next window, etc... its just a faster way to reply to a thread your in...

and the forums im on that have option, you are correct carlton, you cannot quote anyone in a quick reply...

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
I love the quick reply feature on the GMI forum. I'd love to have it here!

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Boricua SS said:
if it will be like anything on the other sites i belong too, its just a box at the end of the current page that allows you to post your reply there instead of hitting the reply button, then going to the next window, etc... its just a faster way to reply to a thread your in...

and the forums im on that have option, you are correct carlton, you cannot quote anyone in a quick reply...

If you were to use the "Multi-quote" button, you would be able to quote people in the quick reply box.

Envoy4Life said:
I love the quick reply feature on the GMI forum. I'd love to have it here!

I plan to make it an option for users to enable, but I need to modify some code. I won't be able to get to that until next weekend.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Jman423 said:
If you were to use the "Multi-quote" button, you would be able to quote people in the quick reply box.

I plan to make it an option for users to enable, but I need to modify some code. I won't be able to get to that until next weekend.

ah ok.. gotcha boss... take your time man... thx for a great site...

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:

Take your time man! You've done a great job with everything! :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online