Pure Gem Detailing Before and After Photos

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
xtitan1 said:
Btw Chris do you have the LC backing plate for the Flex? Mine shattered recently and I'm wondering if that's a known problem.

Didn't know LC made the backing plates? I have both plates to run the 5.5"and 6.5" pads. I've had zero issues.

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
Your work is outstanding! :2thumbsup:

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
My Ex had bought a 2006 with 8 miles on it, only difference was hers was 5spd. When it is in good condition that is a beautiful color. Looks good. :thumbsup:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
What's the saying about polishing a turd?

On a serious note though- excellent job on the car.

Dec 4, 2011
Yup, agreed nice work. What does this detailing cost?

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
RedEnvoyDenali said:
Yup, agreed nice work. What does this detailing cost?

Thanks guys! I'm really getting the itch to start detailing again. I don't detail in the winter so..... The price for detailing really depends on the condition of the car inside and out, color and the level of polish you desire. Hope to see some members this season for a detail!

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
ChriSS K said:
Thanks guys! I'm really getting the itch to start detailing again. I don't detail in the winter so..... The price for detailing really depends on the condition of the car inside and out, color and the level of polish you desire. Hope to see some members this season for a detail!

i'm bringin my truck to you this year. I've neglected it for far too long.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
tbuckalew14 said:
i'm bringin my truck to you this year. I've neglected it for far too long.

Look forward to it!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Ok...so maybe not the one I wanted, but my 4 year old sure is happy!!!! One day daddy will have his. It's funny though, he says he can't wait to clean it when daddy is cleaning cars. Love this lil guy!

Reactions: Mobileterminaluser

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
I don't know how old your son is but look on YouTube you can add a couple "extra batteries" and that thing will be doing some crazy burnouts.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
CLLLLEEEAAAAAANNNNNNN:thumbsup:
Wax only paint must of been in good shape

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Black_tb said:
I don't know how old your son is but look on YouTube you can add a couple "extra batteries" and that thing will be doing some crazy burnouts.

He's 4 so I think we'll slowly work him into it. I see him with me in the garage now when I'm working. All he wants to do is grab tools and wrench away!

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
That is THE cleanest Powerwheels car ive ever seen! :thumbsup:

Seriously, once he gets used to it and if he really gets into it, amp that baby up! That's right up my alley with the extra voltage, its just like a mini golf cart but easier to turn up. :biggrin:

There's even some sites dedicated to modding them. :yes:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I see your Boss 302 and raise you the PowerWheels Dodge Viper in the basement, waiting for a nice day. I'll take a picture when I can. Has two-speed function, but the high-speed is locked out with a knob and screw for now until the little one can handle himself better. I have no clue how fast high-speed goes, but low-speed is already pretty zippy.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Oooh, all these electric motors just begging to be overvolted! (Safely of course) My DC current mod bug is scratching at its cage really bad right now! :crazy:

Wonder if you could put an Alltrax programmable high amp controller on one of those little bad boys running on 24 volts? BURNOUT MACHINE!!! :biggrin:

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
IllogicTC said:
I see your Boss 302 and raise you the PowerWheels Dodge Viper in the basement, waiting for a nice day. I'll take a picture when I can. Has two-speed function, but the high-speed is locked out with a knob and screw for now until the little one can handle himself better. I have no clue how fast high-speed goes, but low-speed is already pretty zippy.

Yes this has the same setup. First thing I did was remove that screw! I can say between the two that the "HI" speed is significantly faster. I hear a lot about mods and stuff...what a world to go and jack this stuff up. Its a blast to see how happy he is driving!

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Wish they would come out with a trailblazer ss one how cool would that be

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Only kinda mustang worth owning. The full size are junk.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
this thread just sent me down a google rabbithole looking at modded power wheels...

We decided to upgrade the oem plastic wheels to metal rims with rubber tires. From that point more modifications were added every few weeks. Now, Evans Lightning McQueen Power Wheel is equipped with an aluminum back half chassis, dual sealed gel batteries with an output of 24 volts, a 500 watt .66 horsepower electric motor, disk brake, throttle modulated variable speed control with reverse and sparco battery cut off switch.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
jimmyjam said:
this thread just sent me down a google rabbithole looking at modded power wheels...

Yeah...I'm not trying to plant the mod bug seed at the age of 4, but maybe 5!?!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Still got 100s of hot wheels

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
My daughter is only a couple years away from her first pink Corvette.....

I swear I won't mod it at all.

No really.

I mean it this time.

Multiple batteries you say?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ademyza2.jpg

The daughter has a Jeep, but I always have to haul it around cause it can't keep up on the highway....

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
[video=youtube_share;8549p9gQgW4]http://youtu.be/8549p9gQgW4[/video]

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
ChriSS K said:
He's 4 so I think we'll slowly work him into it. I see him with me in the garage now when I'm working. All he wants to do is grab tools and wrench away!

Mod away....there's always new trouble to get into at 5..!! :biggrin:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
davenay67 said:
Mod away....there's always new trouble to get into at 5..!! :biggrin:
yeah, I'd love to get my nephew a c7 vette power wheels, but at 5 years old i think that ship has sailed.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
yeah, I'd love to get my nephew a c7 vette power wheels, but at 5 years old i think that ship has sailed.

Costco had them last weekend. I was so tempted.... even if it will be a while until my daughter is ready for it.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i'm seriously considering building a giant RC car out of one.......... :undecided::undecided::undecided: :eek: :crazy:

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
What a great way to open the season! I only took a couple correction pictures with all the work that needed to be done. The whole car was swirled out. I started with a two bucket wash followed by: Full iron X, clay, Menzerna SIP on a yellow lake country pad, Menzerna SF on a white lake country pad and sealed with menzerna power lock. Lastly I topped it off with a coat of fuzion by hand. Customer was extremely happy!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Customer just asked could I do anything with his hood. Well...I was able to do a little. It was/is in really bad shape. The hood was repainted years ago and they either used single stage paint. The pads were covered in red paint. I felt I should let the hood soak in some Megs glaze #7 before trying to polish. It came out much better than what it was. Ended up using some menzerna power finish and sealed with powerlock.

Reactions: Mobileterminaluser

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Damn that turned out well!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
It’s no secret that my go to products are menzerna, but it’s always good to have another product line for different things. This car was in some dire need of the megs twins (M101 and 205). I was able to get a lot corrected, but there were still a lot of “RIDS” everywhere. I still sealed it up with my powerlock. Thanks for looking!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj525/Junoone1/Mustanghood2_zpscc0ddf7e.jpg

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj525/Junoone1/Mustang3_zps649db257.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove