Please welcome the new mod team of 2014!

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Congratulations to the new mods, and thank you to the old mods- you've done an excellent job.
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
NJTB said:
Congratulations to the new mods, and thank you to the old mods- you've done an excellent job.

I have not used my ban hammer yet if you are volunteering...:raspberry:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Awesome stuff guys! And here I was thinking someone has messed with the brightness settings on my monitor...but no, someone just gave Carlton super hero powers, and everything is already getting brighter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
NJTB said:
Good question! We ban spammers within hours of when they show up. In the majority of cases, before they even get off ONE spam! It's sort of obvious when a new member posts that they have a 2010 Envoy SS, live in NYC, and their IP is in Bangladesh. :rotfl:

In comparison to other forums where you might find 75% kids who love to talk dirty anonymously, who trash talk each other, boast about their prowess in ANYTHING, and spout completely insane claims about their mileage, mods, or budget - we avoid that problem a different way. By being mature (for the most part), calling out the liars before they get up a head of steam, strive for an intelligent and well-researched discussion style, and having a culture that usually doesn't devolve into dick-waving or testosterone-fueled ranting. And forbidding religious or political discussions because they only serve to divide us when we want to find common ground in our choice of vehicles.

I believe we banned more violators when we were back on Trailvoy than here. And (except for spammers) it was an EXTREMELY rare event there - single-digit count on one hand if I remember correctly, over 6 years for me.

The mods defuse almost all situations when somebody acts as a hothead, far short of banning.

The Premium Section, however, is a different story. What goes on in there - STAYS there. People CAN let their hair down. We're just nicey-nice where Google can see us. :yes:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
NJTB said:

Please wait while I apply hockey tape to my banhammer....sorry eh?

Lol just messing with ya.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Please wait while I apply hockey tape to my banhammer....sorry eh?

Lol just messing with ya.

*whispers*hockey sucks*/whispers*

:raspberry:

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
The_Roadie said:
Good question! We ban spammers within hours of when they show up. In the majority of cases, before they even get off ONE spam! It's sort of obvious when a new member posts that they have a 2010 Envoy SS, live in NYC, and their IP is in Bangladesh. :rotfl:

In comparison to other forums where you might find 75% kids who love to talk dirty anonymously, who trash talk each other, boast about their prowess in ANYTHING, and spout completely insane claims about their mileage, mods, or budget - we avoid that problem a different way. By being mature (for the most part), calling out the liars before they get up a head of steam, strive for an intelligent and well-researched discussion style, and having a culture that usually doesn't devolve into dick-waving or testosterone-fueled ranting. And forbidding religious or political discussions because they only serve to divide us when we want to find common ground in our choice of vehicles.

I believe we banned more violators when we were back on Trailvoy than here. And (except for spammers) it was an EXTREMELY rare event there - single-digit count on one hand if I remember correctly, over 6 years for me.

The mods defuse almost all situations when somebody acts as a hothead, far short of banning.

The Premium Section, however, is a different story. What goes on in there - STAYS there. People CAN let their hair down. We're just nicey-nice where Google can see us. :yes:

Very well stated. I was going to suggest a religion and politics section if anyone needed to practice their banning, but see you've already addressed that. You guys absolutely play nicey-nice here.
Hardtrails-what's the tape on the banned hammer for-minimize blood splatter?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Darkrider has a tendency to have his hammer slip out of his grip and leave holes in the wall so we required him to mod it for everyones safety.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
While it's been said many, many times in thread, I'm going to say it again...

Congrats to the newly appointed mods - they're a great bunch of guys with a variety of talents who'll continue to bring their skills to the table and help this site to continue to grow...

Thank you for taking the time out to be a Mod - I know it's not always the easiest thing to do, but I have no doubt that you'll ALL excel at it... :tiphat:

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Congrats new mods!

Thanks to all the previous mods as well. Its cool to be part of such a great site where everyone can contribute to the huge base of knowledge. :yes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
NJTB said:

I only know of one, and he was given plenty o' chances to follow the site rules or GTFO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online