Please welcome the new mod team of 2014!

NJTB

Silver Supporter
Congratulations to the new mods, and thank you to the old mods- you've done an excellent job.
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
NJTB said:
Congratulations to the new mods, and thank you to the old mods- you've done an excellent job.
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.
I have not used my ban hammer yet if you are volunteering...:raspberry:
 
OP
OP
The_Roadie

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
NJTB said:
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.
Good question! We ban spammers within hours of when they show up. In the majority of cases, before they even get off ONE spam! It's sort of obvious when a new member posts that they have a 2010 Envoy SS, live in NYC, and their IP is in Bangladesh. :rotfl:

In comparison to other forums where you might find 75% kids who love to talk dirty anonymously, who trash talk each other, boast about their prowess in ANYTHING, and spout completely insane claims about their mileage, mods, or budget - we avoid that problem a different way. By being mature (for the most part), calling out the liars before they get up a head of steam, strive for an intelligent and well-researched discussion style, and having a culture that usually doesn't devolve into dick-waving or testosterone-fueled ranting. And forbidding religious or political discussions because they only serve to divide us when we want to find common ground in our choice of vehicles.

I believe we banned more violators when we were back on Trailvoy than here. And (except for spammers) it was an EXTREMELY rare event there - single-digit count on one hand if I remember correctly, over 6 years for me.

The mods defuse almost all situations when somebody acts as a hothead, far short of banning.

The Premium Section, however, is a different story. What goes on in there - STAYS there. People CAN let their hair down. We're just nicey-nice where Google can see us. :yes:
 

Darkrider_LS

Well-Known Member
NJTB said:
Congratulations to the new mods, and thank you to the old mods- you've done an excellent job.
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.
Please wait while I apply hockey tape to my banhammer....sorry eh?



Lol just messing with ya.
 

Hatchet

Well-Known Member
Darkrider_LS said:
Please wait while I apply hockey tape to my banhammer....sorry eh?



Lol just messing with ya.
*whispers*hockey sucks*/whispers*


:raspberry:
 

NJTB

Silver Supporter
The_Roadie said:
Good question! We ban spammers within hours of when they show up. In the majority of cases, before they even get off ONE spam! It's sort of obvious when a new member posts that they have a 2010 Envoy SS, live in NYC, and their IP is in Bangladesh. :rotfl:

In comparison to other forums where you might find 75% kids who love to talk dirty anonymously, who trash talk each other, boast about their prowess in ANYTHING, and spout completely insane claims about their mileage, mods, or budget - we avoid that problem a different way. By being mature (for the most part), calling out the liars before they get up a head of steam, strive for an intelligent and well-researched discussion style, and having a culture that usually doesn't devolve into dick-waving or testosterone-fueled ranting. And forbidding religious or political discussions because they only serve to divide us when we want to find common ground in our choice of vehicles.

I believe we banned more violators when we were back on Trailvoy than here. And (except for spammers) it was an EXTREMELY rare event there - single-digit count on one hand if I remember correctly, over 6 years for me.

The mods defuse almost all situations when somebody acts as a hothead, far short of banning.

The Premium Section, however, is a different story. What goes on in there - STAYS there. People CAN let their hair down. We're just nicey-nice where Google can see us. :yes:


Very well stated. I was going to suggest a religion and politics section if anyone needed to practice their banning, but see you've already addressed that. You guys absolutely play nicey-nice here.
Hardtrails-what's the tape on the banned hammer for-minimize blood splatter?
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Darkrider has a tendency to have his hammer slip out of his grip and leave holes in the wall so we required him to mod it for everyones safety.
 

CdnGMan

Well-Known Member
While it's been said many, many times in thread, I'm going to say it again...

Congrats to the newly appointed mods - they're a great bunch of guys with a variety of talents who'll continue to bring their skills to the table and help this site to continue to grow...

Thank you for taking the time out to be a Mod - I know it's not always the easiest thing to do, but I have no doubt that you'll ALL excel at it... :tiphat:
 

Envoy_04

Well-Known Member
Congrats new mods!

Thanks to all the previous mods as well. Its cool to be part of such a great site where everyone can contribute to the huge base of knowledge. :yes:
 

MAY03LT

Founding Member
Lifetime VIP Supporter
NJTB said:
A question- has anyone ever been banned from this site? Just askin.
I only know of one, and he was given plenty o' chances to follow the site rules or GTFO.
 

Online statistics

Members online
8
Guests online
160
Total visitors
168

Forum statistics

Threads
19,932
Messages
587,245
Unanswered questions
1
Answered questions
2
Members
12,743
Latest member
Adqk
Top Bottom