Plasti Dip or Body Lift?

Melaronius

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
So over the past 2 weeks I've been really thinking about Plasti Dipping my truck. Has anyone here done an entire vehicle?

I sprayed my grill with a can yesterday just to get a feel for it and see how it looks. It would run me about $420 to spray the whole truck. I need to decide between the Dip or a 3" body lift.

tVWV8.jpg

VM8Ob.jpg

wRTwL.jpg

dRLBU.jpg

Thoughts?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hmmmmm, appearance versus function. Anybody care to guess what I'd recommend? :biggrin:

Unless the body lift would be for appearance only. That's a waste of a good lift kit, IMHO. :hissyfit:

Plastidip on the body would get scratched off where I offroad. Need Rhinoliner, and that's a tad more than $400

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:
Hmmmmm, appearance versus function. Anybody care to guess what I'd recommend? :biggrin:

Unless the body lift would be for appearance only. That's a waste of a good lift kit, IMHO. :hissyfit:

Plastidip on the body would get scratched off where I offroad. Need Rhinoliner, and that's a tad more than $400

^^^ X2

Melaronius

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Ah yes. Thanks for the advice and I ordered the lift kit almost immediately after making this thread. The plasti dip stuff it cool but I just can't imagine it lasting through a weekend of mudding and riding through trails.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Melaronius said:
Ah yes. Thanks for the advice and I ordered the lift kit almost immediately after making this thread. The plasti dip stuff it cool but I just can't imagine it lasting through a weekend of mudding and riding through trails.

you sir made the right decision :rotfl:

Melaronius

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Oddly enough, as a "mall crawler", I think you made the right decision too...

PS. How long did it take you to Plasti-Dip the grille? I kinda like that look for Canyonaro... :undecided:

It took about an hour. I sprayed 4 coats and let each dry for 10 minutes. The stuff dries pretty quick, after 10 minutes its dry enough to touch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did a large portion of my hood this weekend, but I plan on it only lasting a few weeks. It is really not that tough.

hood.jpg

jambo.jpg

Feb 18, 2012
I plan on doing my grill too. I had to get it replaced and it's all chrome. Not my style.

HARDTRAILZ said:

Very well done. Did you decide not to do the monstaliner to the bottom of your truck?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The monstaliner is a one shot deal, so i want to get the prep done right and was debating on the hood...plastidip was a good test and i do believe the hood will get the monstaliner as well as doors.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Last week I decided to do the lower half of the truck in Plastidip as a test before doing it in bedliner. I have not shown it here yet as I wanted to unveil it at the Jamboree this past weekend. Appearance wise it was great, I can tell that it will not hold up for very long and will not survive scratches and rock chips. Saturday night we did a couple of simple trails and I have a couple of decent scratches in the finish from rather small tree limbs.

2012-09-14092746.jpg

Feb 18, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
The monstaliner is a one shot deal, so i want to get the prep done right and was debating on the hood...plastidip was a good test and i do believe the hood will get the monstaliner as well as doors.

Well I hope it turns out well for you. I'm excited to see it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online