Pinball and Arcade Video Games

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
For those that know me, you know I am into Video Arcade games, and more specifically, Pinball Machines. Have been for 20+ years now.

Here are some photos, past and present, of the setups I have had over the time I have been collecting. If you have something for sale, please let me know!

Currently, the oldest machine I have is Black Knight, a pinball machine from 1980. The newest machine I have is Star Wars: Episode 1, a pinball machine from 1999 (and the most expensive one I ever bought).

The current lineup is:
Black Knight (1980)
Hyperball (1981)
Taxi (1988)
Bally Game Show (1990)
Breakshot (1996)
Tales of the Arabian Nights (1997)
Airborne (1997)
Revenge From Mars (1998)
Star Wars Episode 1 (1999)

Moon Patrol (1982)
Frogger (1981)
Centipede (1980)

Enjoy the photos, I am happy to answer any questions. I love talking about them, LOL

167386819_bdf077c0e4.jpg

5128711532_8e97afbda3.jpg

5585085456_79f01ca6c0.jpg

5745644815_5759436827.jpg

5910213093_1e5a739c3f.jpg

6324592034_ebccb9cbc2.jpg

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
LOL, don't be.

Just think what a pain in the butt it is whtn the basement floods :sadcry:

This has happened. Twice. THe last time, during Hurricane Irene. The sump could not keep up with the water. We got about 7 inches in the basement. It took out 3 of the games I had down there (Qix, Space Duel, and Lost World).

Sometimes I really wish I collected something else, LOL. These are large, heavy, and expensive. But fun :smile:

Here's a vid when we had the water. In this video, it was after the water had gone down a little bit.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/wmspins?feature=mhee#p/u/4/Rm2iIqZjg2c[/video]

This was so much fun :sadcry:. Still don't have flooring down there yet. All this had to be ripped out.

Chris

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:ugh: That's brutal. I remember the days of having to shop vac our basement in the midwest when the sump either went out, or couldn't handle the amount of rain. :hopeless:

Since we don't have basements down here, we'd just have to worry about them getting blown away with the rest of the house during a hurricane. :bonk:

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blazin Trails said:
:iagree: What's the small white machine?

The small white machine is a Japanese Neo Geo "candy" cabinet. It has a 1 slot Neo Geo board in it. It is currently non-working (needs a board), but when the board comes back, we have a 120 in 1 cartridge that goes in it, so it plays 120 different (mostly fighting) games. You can see it a little better in this photo:

5128107941_2b4508d6ea.jpg

Blckshdw said:
:ugh: That's brutal. I remember the days of having to shop vac our basement in the midwest when the sump either went out, or couldn't handle the amount of rain. :hopeless:

Since we don't have basements down here, we'd just have to worry about them getting blown away with the rest of the house during a hurricane. :bonk:

Yeah, this was the second time it flooded bad. The first time was 100% my fault. This time was not. It's getting there. I am ordering new flooring tomorrow actually, so I am looking forward to getting it back to where it was. Here's how it is now (long with bad narration, LOL)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/wmspins?feature=mhee#p/u/0/5At4er-PLw0[/video]

We are VERY lucky to have what we do, and I don't take that lightly at all. This post was not to brag, and I hope it does not come off that way. People lost EVERYTHING in that storm. A little water in the basement was an inconvenience at the most.

Chris

Chris

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice games. Floods do suck!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
:wooot::wooot: wow that is awesome!!! I wish I had all that or had the money for it lol

Stupid mod bug took all my money lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Me007gold said:
Thats really bad ass, If I had the money or the space, I would love to have the F355 3 screen cabnet

3753799977_669938a946.jpg

That would be pretty cool to have in the game room!

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Nice games. Floods do suck!

Thanks. Yes, they really do, but we came through okay. Minor losses and damage compared to many people close by. Some lost everything :sadcry:

ItsOnVoy said:
:wooot::wooot: wow that is awesome!!! I wish I had all that or had the money for it lol

LOL, Yeah, they can be pricey. FOr the mosy part I got good deals. The STar Wars machines was the most expensive I ever bought, but it is also the only machine I have ever bought that was new when I bought it.

Me007gold said:
Thats really bad ass, If I had the money or the space, I would love to have the F355 3 screen cabnet

3753799977_669938a946.jpg

Those are AWESOEM!!! The funny thing is that when I go to the auctions, the huge machines usually don't pull much $$, unless they are brand new, because they sre huge and heavy to move. I see Crisin' World and San Francisco Rush sit down drivers bring about $300 a piece, which to me is not bad at all. I would love to have a dual sit-down Daytona USA but it won't fit in the basement :sadcry:

Steve-O said:
Awesome collection!

animal said:
Great collection!

djthumper said:
Great collection Chris!

Thanks! The hobby leeps me off the streets, LOL. It is a good stress relief after a hard day's work too!

Chris

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Oh that sucks you lost lost world. pioneer bally game with great artwork. I play it every couple of weeks.

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wex said:
Oh that sucks you lost lost world. pioneer bally game with great artwork. I play it every couple of weeks.

It is a great game. Ours was not "lost" so much as the video games, but it did take one a good bit of water, as it was not set up like the others were when the water came in :sadcry:

Working on getting a new cabinet for it, and it will need some new boards as well, but it should live again, just probably not anytime soon.

Chris

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blazin Trails said:
Smash TV :salivate: that was one of my favorites

You know what is strange? I remembered LOVING this game. Finally got one (a REALLy nice one for a great price).

Had it 3 weeks and sold it for the same price I bought it for. I just could NOT get into it.

Not sure why. It was one of the games I owned for the shortest amount of time :crazy:

Chris

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thought I would update this thread for those that care :smile:

We got the new flooring down in the basement. We went with a product called DeckTile Duragrid, made by Snap Lock Industries (the company that makes Race Deck garage flooring). Anyway, we got the install done ans are very happy with it so far. It is plastic, and open grid design, so if we flood again, the floor can handle it, and will drain nicely once the water receeds.

Here are some photos of the install / finished product. Took my wife and I a total of about 2 1/2 days to install it.

6552208401_2d9759a511.jpg

6591609551_8ee09e4d8f.jpg

6591611593_8d19a15be1.jpg

6603967451_8ed4f9924a.jpg

6603968501_e13835d728.jpg

And once that was done, we added 2 more pinball machines. The basement is officially full now, LOL.

6707586463_76fdfbbefd.jpg

Left to right in that photo: Revenge From Mars, Black Knight 2000, Black Knight, Breakshot, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Taxi, Riverboat Gambler, Game Show, Airborne.

On the other side of the basement (not pictured) are Centipede cocktail, Moon Patrol, Megatouch 6, Peter Packrat and Frogger.

Chris

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks good Chris, so when's there gonna be a massive GMTNation meet at your place to give all those games a good workout? :biggrin:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Seeing those reminds me of the Seinfeld 'Frogger' episode.

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Looks good Chris, so when's there gonna be a massive GMTNation meet at your place to give all those games a good workout? :biggrin:

Let me get them all working forst, then we can think about that, LOL.

Jkust said:
Seeing those reminds me of the Seinfeld 'Frogger' episode.

Love that episode!!!!!

:smile:

Chris

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
So my question to the OP is how do you get them repaired when they break?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
silverunicorn said:
Here are some photos of the install / finished product. Took my wofe and I a total of about 2 1/2 days to install it.

Hey Chris, what's a wofe.............................wish I had one :salivate:

Just kidding man, real nice man-cave :thumbsup:

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
So my question to the OP is how do you get them repaired when they break?

Depending on what breaks, I can fix it. If it is circuit board related, I know people :smile:

RayVoy said:
Hey Chris, what's a wofe.............................wish I had one :salivate:

Just kidding man, real nice man-cave :thumbsup:

LOL, whoops. Fixed that! Thanks :smile:

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Changed some things around, thopugh I would update for the heck of it.

Added a really nice Lord of the Rings pinball machine. Lost World Pinball and Peter Packrat, Qix, and Space Duel have been sold.

7170558580_561681a667.jpg

7170559460_f61c422d78.jpg

[video=youtube;DDGM63EgZHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGM63EgZHc&list=UUAABy3dkHuRotuHBtlRG0yA&index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

Chris

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Lord of the rings is a fun machine. This guy thinks so too.

Attachments

• lr.jpg
    lr.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
If you have not seen it. A very cool video on Netflix and Amazon called Special when lit.

Also, King of Kong, Chasing Ghosts.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
My first. 1975 Gottlieb El Dorado. I always envisioned my first machine to be a solid state but this electro-mechanical was a part of my childhood back in the day. I do not know the history of this particular wedgehead machine, but the playfield and backbox works 100%.

Attachments

• ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wex said:
My first. 1975 Gottlieb El Dorado. I always envisioned my first machine to be a solid state but this electro-mechanical was a part of my childhood back in the day. I do not know the history of this particular wedgehead machine, but the playfield and backbox works 100%.

Congrats! Gotta love the old Gottlieb Wedgeheads.

I had a Funland for a while, was a cool little game. There's something about the score reels that is very nostalgic if you're old enough to remember them.

Congrats on the pickup!! You know you can't have just one, right?

Chris

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. Glance at it frequently like it was a new car in the drive way. Has an easy rule-set and was the goto machine when you were down to your last quarter. When I do get another, I want to get something 79-81. Those years were the cutting edge once upon a time. Williams Flash or Firepower I am always seeking out.

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wex said:
Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. Glance at it frequently like it was a new car in the drive way. Has an easy rule-set and was the goto machine when you were down to your last quarter. When I do get another, I want to get something 79-81. Those years were the cutting edge once upon a time. Williams Flash or Firepower I am always seeking out.

Firepower is a fantastic machine. Open layout, and looks like it would be easy, but it isn't. Great Multiball start as well.

I miss our Firepower alot.

I changed some stuff in our lineup too. I need to get updated pics. LOTR is ripped apart for a proper cleaning right now, I sold Taxi, and should be getting a Terminator 3 or Monopoly pin soon.

Chris

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
I would really love a solid state machine like firepower. I could easily disable the sound effects on a solid state. On this EM, I removed the three chimes. I also pulled out the striker things that the solenoids would fire against. I do not know which is the best method. I thought about just pulling the wires but the machine being 40 years old, I would assume the connector and wires could be brittle. So, I just removed the chimes. I did pull a wire on the knocker to keep things quiet. Now I can play the machine and all you pretty much hear are the relays or the score wheels. Since this is all new to me I am playing it frequently. I can hook all the noisy stuff back up once I bore of it.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Got another EM. 1973 Gottlieb Big Brave. Easily fit into the trailblazer with the lightbox and legs removed. Pic is putting it back together to tote into the house. Machine is in good condition. No damage on the backglass, playfield and cabinet is very nice. Coin mechs still work.

Attachments

• 110312152418.jpg
    110312152418.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wex said:
Got another EM. 1973 Gottlieb Big Brave. Easily fit into the trailblazer with the lightbox and legs removed. Pic is putting it back together to tote into the house. Machine is in good condition. No damage on the backglass, playfield and cabinet is very nice. Coin mechs still work.

Very nice!

More pics please :smile: Once I get my newest acquisition (a William's DINER pin) I will post up some pics.

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.