Pic Request: LED light bar in bumper

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Has anyone ever done an LED light bar down in the center section of the front bumper between the tow hooks or hidden behind the grille? would love to see pics and specs on the equipment used, I'd like to add some extra lighting but I'm going for more of a street truck look so I don't want it to stand out.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I have a 24" on top of the bumper ad it looks nice and works awesome when paired with stock high beams. I think this was discussed around January and the gut got the LED bar almost knowing it would fit and it didn't. Anyways, Here's a pic that I just took: uploadfromtaptalk1436231357223.jpg

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
SnowBlazer said:
I have a 24" on top of the bumper ad it looks nice and works awesome when paired with stock high beams. I think this was discussed around January and the gut got the LED bar almost knowing it would fit and it didn't. Anyways, Here's a pic that I just took:
attachicon.gif
20150706_190831.jpg
that's what I would try to avoid, I don't want it to be so in your face.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've thought about putting one of the mini LED light bars I have behind the grille somewhere, would have to fab up a mounting bracket somehow. Haven't pulled the front off to come up with any ideas for that yet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prolly need a single row bar. I have a couple 6 inch ones that I think would fit in there, but my winch and such would render them useless.

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
alternatively are there any decent LED "fog" lights that actually look like they belong in the stock bumper holes?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Our platform went out of production LONG before the LED craze set in, so the short answer is :no:

Not many companies make aftermarket accessories for us, and many of the ones that did, stopped... :frown:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Daniel644 said:
alternatively are there any decent LED "fog" lights that actually look like they belong in the stock bumper holes?
You have the option to use Kevins Cree or Philips LEDs in the fogs. You might be able to retro one of TRS's cube LEDs into the stock housing or retro some Morimoto Matchbox projectors.

Like Carlton mentioned, we are limited on aftermarket products for our fogs. You will have to get creative.

Knucklehead

Jul 23, 2014
I was just thinking about minting an LED bar on my lowered TB. But want it stealth. And there no way to do that.

Just mounting it in the bumper doesn't look all that great. I'm gonna try to fab something up somewhere.

Just gotta get done mounting one on my fullsize chevy. Then I'll move onto my Tb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online