Photo Contest # 14

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
test Your photo skills with GMTNations member photo contest!
Submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

topic

WarGawd said:
A photo of your GMT with a (model / wife / girlfriend) like a car show or magazine cover or sales brochure.!
P.S. for our female members, the picture can be of yourself.:biggrin:..

Deadline; November 18th, 11.59 pm

Rules:
-Must be a picture taken by your hand or another GMTNation member.

-If you are in the picture or driving the vehicle, it may be by someone else's hand. no one else's pictures please.

-Must be of your vehicle (Preferable a GMT).

-No pics older than 6 months. (This is to get people to get out and take pics.)

-One entry per member. Members may change their entry and submit a different picture, but may only enter one picture in total. When changing your entry make sure to include Final Entry in that post, or the first picture you posted will be used.

-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be included into a poll topic with the GMTNation public deciding upon the winner.

Good luck, and have fun!..:thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Nice! This is going to be a fun contest. Neighbors thought I was crazy when I took the contest pic in July of my GMT with my snowblower, sooooo why wouldn't I take a pic of my GMT with my wife n her freinds in bikinis in November? :crazy:

Nice topic WarGawd :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Really....lol we are lucky to see 40 degrees outside during the day, and I'm supposed to freeze my ass off while I dress scantly in front of my truck? :crazy:

Not to mention I would NEVER find a willing participant to do the honors, even if I went to my local strip club. I call a re-do/save for summer :raspberry:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
There's nothing to suggest that the models absolutely have to be scantily clad, and those that may be don't have to be outside where it's cool. Besides there are other countries represented where the climates may be warmer now and colder during "our" summers.

BTW, that was Ed's embellishment to my suggestion to encourage the female members to become subject models - as far as I'm concerned male models are equally welcome. Could be a businessman with a briefcase stepping out the door held open by his chauffer. Could be a bunch of ski bunnies in full gear. There's a ton of latitude here - be creative :biggrin:

Edit: the car show/sales brochure/magazine cover was just a few suggestions that include a "model" to try and make the distinction from "normal" pictures where the person/people typically has no specific purpose for being included...hopefully that helps.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
WarGawd said:
There's nothing to suggest that the models absolutely have to be scantily clad, and those that may be don't have to be outside where it's cool. Besides there are other countries represented where the climates may be warmer now and colder during "our" summers.

BTW, that was Ed's embellishment to my suggestion to encourage the female members to become subject models - as far as I'm concerned male models are equally welcome. Could be a businessman with a briefcase stepping out the door held open by his chauffer. Could be a bunch of ski bunnies in full gear. There's a ton of latitude here - be creative :biggrin:

Creativity will not be an issue! Glad you elaborated on a few more details. I have a pretty good idea for my picture :biggrin:

Nothing was said about male models in the original post which is where I drew my conclusions from, but now that you have mentioned that a guy can pose, I will feverishly be working on my project....

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Voymom said:
Nothing was said about male models in the original post which is where I drew my conclusions from, but now that you have mentioned that a guy can pose

I didn't make any "rules" as such. I just forwarded a topic suggestion to Ed, and he added a bit of his own spin to it...I was just trying to clarify what it was I had in mind originally.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I've got an idea...not to be a jerk but if u don't likey the topic don't participate.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
jrSS said:
I've got an idea...not to be a jerk but if u don't likey the topic don't participate.

Wow...You read my post WAY out of context. I never said I didn't like the topic.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I never heard anyone say the ladies needed to be "clad" at all :biggrin: For the male models I'll be the first to request that they are FULLY dressed :yes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
I never heard anyone say the ladies needed to be "clad" at all :biggrin: For the male models I'll be the first to request that they are FULLY dressed :yes:

No, no mention of women being "clad" at all....But it did say like in car show magazines, and I have seen plenty of those :raspberry:

Seriously, who looks at the cars in those magazines lol :undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
WarGawd said:
Careful what you ask for - you just may get it:

So is this entry number one? :raspberry:

kind of surprised the bike isn't popping a wheely the whole time from her back there

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Surprised to not see any entry's

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Surprised to not see any entry's

A bit cold and rainy here so truck is dirty. I asked my wife if she'd help me out and pose with the Envoy and she told me to go pound salt :hissyfit:!!! Working on another idea for a pic, daughter maybe? It would be nice to see some examples tho.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
I'm making progress - location & date are set, model is arranged. Spotted an incredible deal on a brand new d5100 this morning for less than 1/2 the price of the best deal I can find anywhere else. This gave me a really cheap option to have a good 2nd camera body always on standby - prob heading to town tomorrow to wheel and deal on some lens trades.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
A bit cold and rainy here so truck is dirty. I asked my wife if she'd help me out and pose with the Envoy and she told me to go pound salt :hissyfit:!!! Working on another idea for a pic, daughter maybe? It would be nice to see some examples tho.

How old is your daughter? If you tell your wife you plan on posting your daughters pic on the internet for a bunch of lecherous old men like me, your wife may ixnay the daughter pic too. (IE don't tell the wife!!) :biggrin:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Y'all aren't gonna let me win by default are ya?

Shoot went well tonite, we had a great time.

Lemme set the scene:

View attachment 23724

And introduce my lovely model Sarah - a Canadian girl who absolutely seized the challenge & braved the 1 deg C temp with a smile, just to show those Iowa strippers how it's done - though I have to admit heated seats was a welcome enticement :biggrin: :

View attachment 23723

Probably gonna take a day or two to review all the shots and make a choice - maybe I'll post the top 2 or 3.

Attachments

• _DSC0273 (2).jpg
    _DSC0273 (2).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 31
  • _DSC0326 (2).jpg
    _DSC0326 (2).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 31
  • _DSC0301 (2).jpg
    _DSC0301 (2).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 31

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
OK, so despite screwing up EVERY ONE of over 100 shots for one reason or another I still got some that turned out decent enough. Camera was pretty forgiving of my mistakes. I'll be making a few prints for Sarah, but for those I'll be doing some post-shot correction. And since nobody else seems to be claiming any real estate here, I'll post my top 8 :biggrin:

Attachments

• 8_DSC0343_crop.jpg
    8_DSC0343_crop.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 7_DSC0329_crop.jpg
    7_DSC0329_crop.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 6_DSC0311_crop.jpg
    6_DSC0311_crop.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 5_DSC0278_crop.jpg
    5_DSC0278_crop.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 4_DSC0319_crop.jpg
    4_DSC0319_crop.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 3_DSC0333_crop.jpg
    3_DSC0333_crop.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2_DSC0293_crop.jpg
    2_DSC0293_crop.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 21

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well Done!

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
I mentioned I was going to retouch some pics to do some prints for Sarah, I whipped off the first one in about 1/2 hr just to give her an idea what was possible. I pushed it a bit too far in this example, and also later noticed some lens distortion that was making her face a tad wider than it really is, but I thought I'd post it anyway (I'll redo it to her liking before I make any prints):

View attachment 23821

In the second example, I was a little more subtle, and I think you will see why I like my 2nd choice pic so much. Going in order the first one is a 100% crop of the original, the second has some minor skin correction, a slight tweak to her smile, a little lip color, sharper brighter eyes with a tiny bit of added intensity to her natural eye color, smoother hair and a very slight tan. In the third, I turned her into a blue eyed brunette, just to show her what it looked like:

View attachment 23822

View attachment 23823

View attachment 23824

Attachments

• Sarah in restaurant - Portrait.jpg
    Sarah in restaurant - Portrait.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 293_hot - 100percentcrop.jpg
    293_hot - 100percentcrop.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 293_hotter - 100percentcrop.jpg
    293_hotter - 100percentcrop.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 293_smokinhot - 100percentcrop.jpg
    293_smokinhot - 100percentcrop.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 26

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
Voymom you need to put the wedding dress back on and get some pics.

Finally someone takes some pics with a lady and they have a classy look.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
So what happens now? WarGawd wins and he pics again? I think we just ran outta time on this one, its gettin harder to find good weather days. I was so close to submitting a pic yesterday. I had two gals lined up for the pic. I'm not sure what part of "I'm gonna wash the Envoy this afternoon and take to girls to do that pic for the contest" my wife didn't understand :frown:. She was gone in the Envoy till gettin dark out and too late to get pics. Oh well....the Bud's were yummy while she was gone :thumbsup:...

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
So what happens now? WarGawd wins and he pics again? I think we just ran outta time on this one, its gettin harder to find good weather days. I was so close to submitting a pic yesterday. I had two gals lined up for the pic. I'm not sure what part of "I'm gonna wash the Envoy this afternoon and take to girls to do that pic for the contest" my wife didn't understand :frown:. She was gone in the Envoy till gettin dark out and too late to get pics. Oh well....the Bud's were yummy while she was gone :thumbsup:...

That sux - how about we all vote on a brief extension - say a week? I really was hoping to see at least a few other submissions given the early response.....thoughts?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
WarGawd said:
That sux - how about we all vote on a brief extension - say a week? I really was hoping to see at least a few other submissions given the early response.....thoughts?

I'd vote for an extention if Big Ed will give us one :thumbsup:. It's suppose to be nice here after today for the rest of the week. I have my shot in mind and the girls are willing, it's just a matter of gettin the shot. With at least 2 pics and hopefully more we will have something to vote for. Maybe someone else can get a pic in too?

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
I'd vote for an extention if Big Ed will give us one :thumbsup:. It's suppose to be nice here after today for the rest of the week. I have my shot in mind and the girls are willing, it's just a matter of gettin the shot. With at least 2 pics and hopefully more we will have something to vote for. Maybe someone else can get a pic in too?

LOL, if Ed says nay to the extension, I'll withdraw my submission, and just pick the same topic for contest #15! :raspberry: :rotfl:

{My guess is Ed will wanna see more female, scantily clad models too :wink:}

Dec 4, 2011
Boog2006 said:
I've tried to get the wife out there for this but she demanded money...

The question now is "How much did she want". If it was only a 1.00 then she loves you, if it was 50.00 perhaps not so much, and if it was 500.00 time to look for a new dog house. :undecided: :rotfl:LOL

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boog2006 said:

in a way isn't your money her money so even if you don't give her money for this she will end up getting the money in the end for something else

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
big ed said:
I don't know if it will help but another week is fine with me..:thumbsup:

Nov 18 11:59pm FINAL deadline....

Boog2006 said:

Remember the earlier posts - you're allowed to do it, & for free if you like :rotfl:

Voymom said:
I have a pretty good idea for my picture :biggrin:

.....now that you have mentioned that a guy can pose, I will feverishly be working on my project....

So were you overcome by that fever, or is Mat(t?) demanding money too? :biggrin: :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I found a truck load of models if anyone is interested in using them for your pic with your GMT?? :confused:
Anyone? :rotfl:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 114

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 27

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Voymom said:

Yayyyy! {no, seriously! After all my wisecracks, I give credit where credit is due...:hail:} A for effort getting back into those getups too (or do I misunderstand? Maybe this is an actual wedding picture, taken before the contest? In which case it shows the "real-life" case of what really goes on at home, and not the parody it seems you're trying to portray? hehehe couldn't resist :biggrin:

Soooo IF I happen to get the nod in this contest, maybe I could structure the topic in such a way that guarantees we'll all see Mat in a pink bunny suit :biggrin: :rotfl: I definitely see some serious potential here.....

Vote for me everybody!!! hehehhe

{and no further submissions pleeeeeez!} :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger