Photo contest #13

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
test Your photo skills with GMTNations member photo contest!
Submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

topic

Phantom said:
Your GMT and Water

Deadline; October 14th, 11.59 pm

Rules:
-Must be a picture taken by your hand or another GMTNation member.

-If you are in the picture or driving the vehicle, it may be by someone else's hand. no one else's pictures please.

-Must be of your vehicle (Preferable a GMT).

-No pics older than 6 months. (This is to get people to get out and take pics.)

-One entry per member. Members may change their entry and submit a different picture, but may only enter one picture in total. When changing your entry make sure to include Final Entry in that post, or the first picture you posted will be used.

-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be included into a poll topic with the GMTNation public deciding upon the winner.

Good luck, and have fun!..:thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
BundyHill4.jpg

Picture was taken on Sunday's off road outing of the big Midwest meet.
The picture was taken and provided by member Jham, I am driving.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Nice pics so far :thumbsup: ! If only we knew of the theme yesterday, we had a meet and 6 of us were parked by a lake near the beach.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Nice pics so far :thumbsup: ! If only we knew of the theme yesterday, we had a meet and 6 of us were parked by a lake near the beach.

What?? A meet with no pics?:banghead:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Phantom said:
What?? A meet with no pics?:banghead:

Oh I'm sure you'll be seeing pics........soon!!!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Indeed - I took almost 70 pics yesterday. Just gotta weed thru them all...

Oh there will be some good shots, nothing like doing electrical mods on 3 of our trucks on an Army Base in the rain....

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• 100_5831.jpg
    100_5831.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 38

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
hmm I like this topic, this gives me the chance to use my panorama feature and see what I can come up with

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Tami, your picture would be so much better if there wasn't a date floating in the sky behind you. Turn that option off!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Regulator said:
Tami, your picture would be so much better if there wasn't a date floating in the sky behind you. Turn that option off!

I agree 100%, if I were allowed to photoshop it out I would.....If no one opposes to it that is?

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
+1 on we could have had better pics had we known.

This is the best that I could come up with. Hopefully others from the meet will have better pics.

Lake Simcoe in the background.
9586-img-20120929-151359.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
zzzz.jpg

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I like!! This one will be fun, I'm surrounded by water :smile: To bad all the icebergs have melted :-(
Now to clean buddy up for a photo shoot.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
I like!! This one will be fun, I'm surrounded by water :smile: To bad all the icebergs have melted :-(
Now to clean buddy up for a photo shoot.

Yes boi...you certainly have the scenery for an awesome water shot! I can hardly wait to see your pic!

I'm close to the second largest kettle lake in North America, I'm heading there for a pic.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• Phantom.jpg
    Phantom.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 28

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Place holder. Hoping to come up with something better, but the weathers been crap. Maybe get out again next weekend, I've got a couple of spots I want to visit. This was taken in Petty Harbour, NL. Its a cute little fishing village 20mins outside of St. John's.

shot1.jpg

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
big ed said:
-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

Quick question on that - if a person shoots in RAW, some pretty extensive mods are possible while processing to .jpg - would that be considered unacceptable?

If not here's my submission:

Attachments

• Truck 16x10 BW crop - Copy.jpg
    Truck 16x10 BW crop - Copy.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 26

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
WarGawd said:
Otherwise I'll go with the in-camera generated (but cropped) .jpg color version:

Nice Shot!
Editing a RAW before producing a JPG is still considered Post Production, your just doing it to an uncompressed file format.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
So here is my official individual entry.
Taken last night on the river that I live on, the Wanapitie River.

9786-img-20121008-155745-resized.jpg

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
Nice Shot!
Editing a RAW before producing a JPG is still considered Post Production, your just doing it to an uncompressed file format.

I see both sides of the debate on that, and since there's no million dollar prize up for grabs I'll just stay sitting on the fence. Might be nice if there was $240 up for grabs, cuz that's what my no seatbelt ticket was worth about 5 minutes after I shot the pics :sadcry:

Newfie, I was out in NS around Peggy's Cove area a few years back - those little boat harbors offer tons of opportunities, looking forward to more.

And :thankyou: to all for the favorable feedback - always nice to hear :smile:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
GotAir? said:
Does painted on water count???? lol
34o7zag.jpg

when did you do this? Got a pic of the whole truck?

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Here is a pic I took today along Lake Superior at the breakers. Wind almost ripped my door off when i got out and now it wont shut right, hoping a bushing just broke and not something more serious like a bent door hinge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online

No members online now.