PCMforLess Terrible Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
May I make a suggestion to maybe consider asking PCM4Less for a HPT upgrade if your still modding your truck?
The benefits are there for you. Instant email tuning. Datalogging for a personalized tune. Ease of which to do future mods to your truck and update the tune via email.

If your done modding, then there may not be the benefit for you.
Merely a suggestion.

Sorry about editing my last post. You guys are too quick for me!

gsf1200m

Dec 15, 2011
Did pcmforless add the disclaimer about the fan being loud recently? I ampretty sure that wasn't there when I ordered when they first released it.

sevendj

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
06Envoy said:
May I make a suggestion to maybe consider asking PCM4Less for a HPT upgrade if your still modding your truck?
The benefits are there for you. Instant email tuning. Datalogging for a personalized tune. Ease of which to do future mods to your truck and update the tune via email.

If your done modding, then there may not be the benefit for you.
Merely a suggestion.

Sorry about editing my last post. You guys are too quick for me!

It's a good suggestion! I did think of that... and it may be beneficial for future cars when this one dies?

gsf1200m said:
Did pcmforless add the disclaimer about the fan being loud recently? I ampretty sure that wasn't there when I ordered when they first released it.

It was there when I ordered it. I just didn't realize how loud (and higher pitched whining sounding) it would be.

It's like telling someone "it will only hurt a little bit." It's quite subjective. Some are bothered by it, some are not.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Hmmm, I flashed my SS with one of my AutoCals two or three days ago without a problem... That said I read your thread when you started it so I can understand why you went with an MPVI in the end.
Ya, I thought the EFILive product would work for others, otherwise it would be quickly die off as a product with bad press. I just chalked my EFILive experience up as another FML moment and moved on to another product that did work for me.

gsf1200m said:
IIRC the disclaimer was there when I purchased as well. ~January 2012.
Also, I remember watching a short video about the fans in action and thinking, yup those are loud. I don't care, I want the benefits of efans!

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
sevendj said:
It's a good suggestion! I did think of that... and it may be beneficial for future cars when this one dies?
Yes, I was pleasently surprized when my HPT came in with 8 credits of which my truck only used 2. I did not expect that. Another example of PCM4L's excellent(IMO) customer service to me. I still have the other 6 credits. I think it's to keep for when/if my next vehicle comes around, I could use PCM4L and those extra credits for a new email tune. In any event, I'm just gonna hang on to those credits.

I can't confirm that your purchase will also include 8 credits. That would have to be discussed with Kelly or Marshall. But if it did, that could be another compelling reason for you to upgrade for sure.

gsf1200m

Dec 15, 2011
06Envoy said:
IIRC the disclaimer was there when I purchased as well. ~January 2012.
Also, I remember watching a short video about the fans in action and thinking, yup those are loud. I don't care, I want the benefits of efans!

I thought they added the 4.2 kit around end of March?

marshall@pcm

Dec 6, 2011
This is Kelly.

I just want to reiterate my side of the story and then I'm going to let this ride. I don't do the whole argue over the internet thing, it's clear we don't see eye to eye on this and going back and forth will just make both of us look silly. If there is anything I have learned over the many years it is that you will never be able to please everyone. So I do the best job I can and I operate in such a way that allows me to sleep at night without a heavy conscience. If you only knew some of the things our competitors have done over the years!

1. The customer service thing keeps being brought up over and over again. Bad customer service = blowing you off, ignoring you, letting the PCM sit here for a week, not caring, not apologizing. The moment you had an issue I was replying ASAP. I apologized several times. I fixed the PCM the very day it came in. I covered ground shipping.

2. The sale is irrelevant to this argument.

3. The customer knew that we were shipping it UPS ground. He knew this before he even sent the PCM back. We agreed on this and he was fine with it. So when the PCM came in, I did exactly what we discussed, fixed it and sent it back UPS ground. If this was a problem, if it was so unacceptable, then he should have told me at that time, before the PCM left. Lay into me then, let me have it, argue for better shipping, offer to pay the difference, whatever. But the fact that it was shipped UPS ground was fine with him until quite literally yesterday.

4. I am sorry that we only offer reimbursing on ground/usps priority. If amazon/new egg can overnight you stuff, that's fantastic, it really is. We're probably a much smaller operation than you think. We send things back ground. If the customer wants to pay the difference, cool, we will gladly do it then.

5. This was a fan code issue. It would not have stopped the vehicle from taking a road trip, just been annoying to have the light on. If I absolutely knew I needed my vehicle for X day, I would have probably held off on sending it in at that time, or, gone with guaranteed shipping (next day, 2 day, etc) taken every precaution to make sure it would work out. I did as I promised and I held up my end of the bargain by turning the PCM around quickly but a lot of times shipping will fall through, there will be some kind of crazy disaster, a tornado that wipes out a ups center, etc something that will keep you from making your deadline if you're in a rush. Murphy's Law I think it is called.

In closing, I am very sorry that this happened and I think I have made that very clear. At this point there is nothing I can do as the PCM has left my hands and is with UPS now. I hope that you receive it as quickly as possible and get your truck back on the road.

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Both sides of the story have been disclosed. If the OP's reason for posting this was to inform the group, that has been accomplished. The OP obviously does not want to debate his problem.

That being said, This thread is now closed. If anyone needs to comment further please contact the OP in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online