PCMforless Tax Time Sale!!!

marshall@pcm said:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop by and let you know we are currently running our Tax Time sale! Check out our site at PCMforless

Lots of items on sale - tuning, trans coolers, efan kits, etc! Thanks so much!


GET A TUNE... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Thanks Marshall, I love the way my truck runs now! Might get my wifes done here in a few weeks as well!

Steve
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop by and let you know we are currently running our Tax Time sale! Check out our site at PCMforless

Lots of items on sale - tuning, trans coolers, efan kits, etc! Thanks so much!

I don't seem to see a sale? Checking the price on tuning, they seem to be the same price?:confused:
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,956
North Las Vegas
I see the sale price of $109 for the I6
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
djthumper said:
I see the sale price of $109 for the I6

Yeah I was tripping! :biggrin: Too early for me today!
 

STLtrailbSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,617
I had this great idea Marshall like a GMT special SS tune for an I6 price to get rid of this crap local tune. :biggrin: an offer you can't refuse really what is an ss tune usually $250? I should really grab this sale
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
I want to avoid the relearns and I guess I will have to stop using my TB for a while and send my own. TB should be drivable without the relearns right?
 

davenay67

Member
Jan 16, 2012
217
What 'options' are available with the chip..?? i.e. tranny shifting, etc
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
marshall@pcm said:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop by and let you know we are currently running our Tax Time sale! Check out our site at PCMforless

Lots of items on sale - tuning, trans coolers, efan kits, etc! Thanks so much!

I'm all over this gotta get tax return.......how long does sale last??????
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
Well I'll be.........the day after valentines??? Looks like wifey's just getting 1 rose this year :rotfl: :biggrin:
 

dave_stumph

Member
Dec 5, 2011
25
Just put in my order :smile: off the send in the PCM!!
If any one can let me know.....? I have a vet servo and shift kit installed in the tranny and not sure what firmness to go with?? I chose 2. I like the shift firmness as it sits now.... Mabey leave it stock or go with 1??? Just looking for opinions.
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
Until Wednesday...

wondering if I can purchase it before wednesday and just send you my PCM when I take a vacation in 2 months, since I won't be driving it for weeks. Is that possible?
 

davenay67

Member
Jan 16, 2012
217
marshall@pcm said:
Last day, guys!

Ordered mine yesterday....very excited to see the difference it will make.

I will be giving you guys a call to discuss some of the settings, want to make sure I go with what works best....


Dave. :smile:
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
Last day, guys!

how much the is the regular price again if i do "will send my own pcm?"
 

seanpooh

Member
Jan 24, 2012
461
dave_stumph said:
Just put in my order :smile: off the send in the PCM!!
If any one can let me know.....? I have a vet servo and shift kit installed in the tranny and not sure what firmness to go with?? I chose 2. I like the shift firmness as it sits now.... Mabey leave it stock or go with 1??? Just looking for opinions.

I too have the vet servo and shift kit installed (when my sunshell went out). My PCM shift firmness is at 1. Oh boy, the shift from gears 1-2 is amazing. Your head will bob back because of the shift. Especially if you start from 0mph with WOT, shifting after completing 6K rpm, it's amazing. Everyone who rides with me thinks it's the coolest thing every. Girlfriend loves it. My father on the other hand thinks it's too hard of a shift (of course).

You'll still feel the "bump" even at slow speeds when the gear shifts from 1-2. That is the only gear, in my opionon, that I feel the PCM changed. But I am glad that I chose the shift firmness at 1.

Other members from the OS stated that they could chirp thier tires... I haven't had that happen.

Overall, having the PCM tuned by these guys is a smart investment. You will noticed the difference. The "get up and go" is unleased. And the sale days (usually holidays) is the best time to treat yourself. Don't think twice about it.
 

davenay67

Member
Jan 16, 2012
217
marshall@pcm said:
Did you already fill out the ordersheet?

Not yet, my questions were about settings on the order sheet. i.e. I am really on the fence between shift firmness 1 and 2. What is the best number to call to get advice on this and other settings..??

Dave.
 

davenay67

Member
Jan 16, 2012
217
marshall@pcm said:
We can discuss it here, if you want. It would be good for other members to be able to see the information. :smile:

Ask away...

OK, here we go.

This is an '02 TrailBlazer and is my wifes Daily Driver, so I don't need a drag racer or any extra HP tuning. The car is completely stock with no mods to either intake, exhaust or tranny.

I ordered the tune because I hear how great the increased drivability is afterwards and the extra MPG is a huge factor (even 1 MPG more would be a 5% improvement, which make a $$ difference when my wife fills up the tank every week); the extra HP is a nice bonus but not a primary factor.

I *hate* the tranny on this car; it hangs onto a gear for ages and shifts so slowly. I would like a snappier shift, but not looking for a thump in the back each time. I know most guys would go with shift firmness at seeting 2 (I would if it were my vehicle), but I am suspecting my wife might prefer the softer setting of 1. I just want to reduce the annoying shift pattern of this tranny. What can be done as far as actual shift points..?? Can we shift earlier for extra economy..??

My other question is about octane rating. Can we stay at 87..?? is '93 for those vehicles with tuning mods..??

Thanks..!!

Dave.
 

marshall@pcm

Original poster
Member
Dec 6, 2011
260
davenay67 said:
OK, here we go.

This is an '02 TrailBlazer and is my wifes Daily Driver, so I don't need a drag racer or any extra HP tuning. The car is completely stock with no mods to either intake, exhaust or tranny.

I ordered the tune because I hear how great the increased drivability is afterwards and the extra MPG is a huge factor (even 1 MPG more would be a 5% improvement, which make a $$ difference when my wife fills up the tank every week); the extra HP is a nice bonus but not a primary factor.

I *hate* the tranny on this car; it hangs onto a gear for ages and shifts so slowly. I would like a snappier shift, but not looking for a thump in the back each time. I know most guys would go with shift firmness at seeting 2 (I would if it were my vehicle), but I am suspecting my wife might prefer the softer setting of 1. I just want to reduce the annoying shift pattern of this tranny. What can be done as far as actual shift points..?? Can we shift earlier for extra economy..??

My other question is about octane rating. Can we stay at 87..?? is '93 for those vehicles with tuning mods..??

Thanks..!!

Dave.

Gotcha...

We re-structure the shift patterns totally, so it won't be hanging on to the gears so long.

I would go with shift setting of 1, then...

87 is fine. There is only a couple horsepower difference between the two
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
Gotcha...

We re-structure the shift patterns totally, so it won't be hanging on to the gears so long.

I would go with shift setting of 1, then...

87 is fine. There is only a couple horsepower difference between the two

What are the lists of thing do I need to specify when ordering tune besides CAI and octane? I want the best possible mpg, the most hp gain and the fastest possible tranny shifting response.
 

marshall@pcm

Original poster
Member
Dec 6, 2011
260
TB360 said:
What are the lists of thing do I need to specify when ordering tune besides CAI and octane? I want the best possible mpg, the most hp gain and the fastest possible tranny shifting response.


You'll see it all on our ordersheet on the website. All those things pretty much go hand in hand. :biggrin:
 

fishguy1123

Member
Dec 5, 2011
310
I'm considering a tune as well. Is there any concerns if I select a cai and don't have it to start? Thinking of makeing one but don't want to have it set for it if it's not installed yet and would cause a problem. Thanks
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
You'll see it all on our ordersheet on the website. All those things pretty much go hand in hand. :biggrin:

order placed and ordersheet submitted. No options for CAI though? Or does it matter?
 

Iahawkeye

Member
Jan 24, 2012
52
marshall@pcm said:
We can discuss it here, if you want. It would be good for other members to be able to see the information. :smile:

Ask away...

I have made the purchase, but i have not sent in my order sheet yet. I have a question about elevation.

Currently, I live about 4200 ft, but I make yearly treks to the midwest and west coast. I notice a big difference when I get near sea-level in how the envoy behaves (I realize that there is a lot more 02 there), but my question is how will this vehicle behave, after a tune set for high elevation, when we make the trips in the future? Will the fuel-air mixture be too rich while we are near sea-level? I ask, because I am contemplating a move back to the Heartland soon and I am wondering would I need to update the tune if I do. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
 

drwfaulk

Member
Jan 5, 2012
144
What are ya'lls opinions on torque management ( on/off ---50%)? It was mentioned some where but I didn't quite understand.
 

TB360

Member
Dec 29, 2011
169
marshall@pcm said:
We take out more or less depending on if you tow or not. Less if you tow, more if you don't.

I tow about once or couple of times a year. What configuration should you guys be doing on my pcm? I selected the TOW option, wondering if that's right?

Also, about CAI options, I was wrong, I was asked if there was a CAI but I guess I missed it (don't ask me why :smile: ) . Also, I think I may be installing the tuned PCM first before istalling CAI, now my question is, how will a tuned pcm configured to have CAI affect my TB if no CAI present?

Lastly, I can amend my ordersheet once I am ready to send my PCM right?
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,438
Posts
639,266
Members
18,655
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online