PCMforless Tax Time Sale!!!

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
marshall@pcm said:
I probably would not have selected towing, then.

It'll be fine. :smile:

Yes, you can send in an updated ordersheet whenever you want(before we tune it and send it back out lol). Just send an email to sales@pcmforless.com and let them know what you're doing.

Guess I am all set. I can leave you alone now :smile::thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Ordered my tune and filled out my ordersheet last night! :thumbsup:

Called today to see when I should expect to receive my loan PCM and found out they are currently out of loaner/cores. I have to wait until one comes back to get one :faint: You do realize that Im going to be consumed by anxiety until I get the loaner...lol.

Anyway, I ordered no towing, shift firmness 1, eliminate speed limiter, eliminate fan clutch codes, and chose the option for CAI. I didnt fill out the field for sea level b/c Im not at any extreme level. I hope thats not gonna be a problem. In redemption I did put my VIN in there and wrote down in the notes section that I was looking for some more mpg's and HP.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
To make sure the PCM goes to the right place, is the correct place to ship PCM's..??

PCMforless

106 Performance Rd

Mooresville NC 28115

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Ordered my tune and filled out my ordersheet last night! :thumbsup:

Called today to see when I should expect to receive my loan PCM and found out they are currently out of loaner/cores. I have to wait until one comes back to get one :faint: You do realize that Im going to be consumed by anxiety until I get the loaner...lol.

Anyway, I ordered no towing, shift firmness 1, eliminate speed limiter, eliminate fan clutch codes, and chose the option for CAI. I didnt fill out the field for sea level b/c Im not at any extreme level. I hope thats not gonna be a problem. In redemption I did put my VIN in there and wrote down in the notes section that I was looking for some more mpg's and HP.

As soon as they send me my tuned PCM ill send in my loaner so they can send it out to you.:biggrin:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
drwfaulk said:
As soon as they send me my tuned PCM ill send in my loaner so they can send it out to you.:biggrin:

:hail: Im depending on you! lol.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
I'm glad to see the sale worked and you guys have tons of work.

Should I hold off sending my PCM for tuning for a week or two..?? I will be without the car for the duration of the PCM tune process and I want to make sure that the 'down time' time is your normal fast service times.

Dave.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Got my PCM back yesterday...super quick service. Installed it and the Trailblazer fired up instantly. Didn't really notice any big get up and go to be honest, although it did feel a little more lively from a standing start. The instant MPG and average MPG functions did not work; both were reading 0.0.

I drove the Trailblazer to work this morning and let my wife keep my VW Passat a little while longer; she has fallen in love with my VW and I can see she would like to keep it. Anyway, the average and instant MPG readings were working agian this morning. As a measure of comparison I got 20.5 MPG on the drive to work, compared to my VW (1.8T) which averages about 25 MPG. Not too shabby for the Chevy..!!

I know I need to do a more accurate measure using gallons used and miles travelled, but I can alrready tell I've picked up a gain on MPG....which was my primary wish above power and speed.

FYI....I went with tranny shift #1, which is probably great for the wife, but I would go with # if it were mine.

Dave. :smile:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
davenay67 said:
The instant MPG and average MPG functions did not work; both were reading 0.0.
Anyway, the average and instant MPG readings were working agian this morning.
FYI....I went with tranny shift #1, which is probably great for the wife, but I would go with # if it were mine.

Dave. :smile:

Thats funny - my instant MPG stopped working too, until I cycled the ignition. :undecided:

Either way, I totally agree. Shift #1 is great, I have so much more get up n' go now. When you are accelerating you will really feel it. I have a renewed love for my Envoy now :inlove:

Oh yeah, and I should add that not only was PCM4L VERY expedient with getting me my tuned PCM, they refunded my $50 core charge the day they got the loaner PCM back!! +1 for PCM4L!

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
I suppose this would be a great time to mention that I got my tune done about two weeks ago and have loved it. PCMforless has found the missing horsepower that should have been there all along. Thanks guys. I should also mention that after about 700 miles on the tune I have seen an average increase of 2mpg. I know that this is not a lot of information to base a mileage increase, but so far I am happy.

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
Im going to be putting our tuned PCM in very soon and cant freaking wait!

Question for Marshall........When are those new E-fan kits available!?!? I was hoping to be the first one to install one and get all kinds of magazine coverage. :rotfl:

The truck still hasnt run even a hair over 210 (according to dash guage which is only so reliable), with no fan on there but its warming up quick. :cool:

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
MedicatedMike said:

Do it, Mike....like NOW..!! :smile:

It's such a quick and easy job....it took me longer to change into my 'garage clothes' than it did to do the actual install of the PCM.

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
LMAO, I wanted to get scheduled for a CASE relearn (and make sure my local dealer knew what I even meant), on top of the wife leaving every morning with it before dawn and not bringing it back until dusk. :frown:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
MedicatedMike said:

Question for Marshall........When are those new E-fan kits available!?!? I was hoping to be the first one to install one and get all kinds of magazine coverage. :rotfl:

The truck still hasnt run even a hair over 210 (according to dash guage which is only so reliable), with no fan on there but its warming up quick. :cool:

There is nothing wrong with my fan clutch but Im dying to upgrade to the E-Fans too!! :wootwoot: I had the fan codes taken out on my tune so Im ready to go.

So are you running with no cooling fan whatsoever right now Mike? :eek:

Jan 2, 2012
Yes! Any update with the efan kit? I'd like to see how this turns out.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Marshall, If you dont mind taking some constructive critizsm..

I have been dieing to get a PCM tune for my 5.3 04 Envoy. But to do this, I have to call in.. I work a graveyard shift, 6 days a week. How am I going to call in, get this ordered up, without interupting my sleep, and being I operate 40 ton machines, sleep in kinda important..

Is there a way for you to update your website to include every vehicle in this lineup that you support? What are my other options? I have missed out on many a sale because of this, and its very irritating..

marshall@pcm

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
MedicatedMike said:

xx_gearhead_xx said:
Yes! Any update with the efan kit? I'd like to see how this turns out.

We have a guy coming in Thursday to get the first kit installed. After we are sure everything fits, and works right, we will be offering them for sale! Shouldn't be too much longer! :smile:

Jan 2, 2012
Will this new harness still use a radiator or hose probe for the temp? Or will it use the computer like the 08 I6 kit? (Sry for all the questions I just like to know the details)

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
*Wonders how in the world he is going to wait another week. :biggrin:

I wasnt worried, but of coarse we completely bypassed SPRING this year and its now 70+ everyday in Michigan in March!? :crazy:

*Disclaimer - I will likely be calling and bugging Kelly Thursday, making her take my money and slip the very first kit out the back door to the UPS man! :wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
marshall@pcm said:
Who have you talked to that said you need to call in? Unfortunately, we don't do the 04 5.3s here... they go to our Ohio office.

I dont see anywhere I can place a online order to get the process started. Your website has nothing for the 04's.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
marshall@pcm said:
.................we are already finished with the install!! :wootwoot:

Good, looking forward to seeing the fan kit for sale. Do you offer any package deals for buying the tune and fans together?

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
So the kits are now for sale right!?!? :biggrin:

I screwed up and waited until 4pm to call which is 5pm your guy's time I think, was hoping to get my kit in the mail today!

Are you going to have them listed on the site by tomorrow or can you just send me a request for money to my paypal?? :biggrin:

If I dont hear back by morning, I will just call and pester Kelly. :raspberry:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
TollKeeper said:
Marshall, If you dont mind taking some constructive critizsm..

I have been dieing to get a PCM tune for my 5.3 04 Envoy. But to do this, I have to call in.. I work a graveyard shift, 6 days a week. How am I going to call in, get this ordered up, without interupting my sleep, and being I operate 40 ton machines, sleep in kinda important..

Is there a way for you to update your website to include every vehicle in this lineup that you support? What are my other options? I have missed out on many a sale because of this, and its very irritating..

marshall@pcm said:
Who have you talked to that said you need to call in? Unfortunately, we don't do the 04 5.3s here... they go to our Ohio office.

TollKeeper said:
I dont see anywhere I can place a online order to get the process started. Your website has nothing for the 04's.

marshall@pcm said:
Because we don't do them. :smile:

Call 732-349-4431

Hmm... I think i just said that i couldnt.. Not unless you have someone manning the phone 24 hours a day.. See my problem?

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
Ordered the new kit off the website!!!!!! :wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

Hey Marshall, can you please make sure it ships out today as Im already kicking myself for not realizing time difference and waiting too late to call yesterday to see how the install went! Thanks again and you guys rock!

marshall@pcm

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
MedicatedMike said:
So the kits are now for sale right!?!? :biggrin:

I screwed up and waited until 4pm to call which is 5pm your guy's time I think, was hoping to get my kit in the mail today!

Are you going to have them listed on the site by tomorrow or can you just send me a request for money to my paypal?? :biggrin:

If I dont hear back by morning, I will just call and pester Kelly. :raspberry:

MedicatedMike said:
Ordered the new kit off the website!!!!!! :wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

Hey Marshall, can you please make sure it ships out today as Im already kicking myself for not realizing time difference and waiting too late to call yesterday to see how the install went! Thanks again and you guys rock!

I appreciate your interest in the kit, but I'm not sure where you saw that they were for sale already! Sorry for any confusion that led you to think so!

I think it states on the product page that we are accepting pre-orders and that the estimated ship time is around April 15th.

jd8181

Jan 8, 2012
What is the price of the fan kit going to be?
What is the normal and sale price to have the computer tuned for a i6 trailblazer?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
marshall@pcm said:
Gotcha! I didn't realize I was talking to the same person that mentioned it before. :smile:

And is there a possible solution?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online