PARTING OUT MY TURBO ENVOY (2004)

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Joshuaandrew0430 said:
Still have the billet grill? If so how much?
Capote said:
You still have those seats available?
Hi, I did find a buyer for the envoy, who is actually paying me to rebuild it and they are buying the parts. They have not decided to turbo or not yet but they are considering keeping everything. So I will not know officially what is staying or going now til they decide.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Hi, I did find a buyer for the envoy, who is actually paying me to rebuild it and they are buying the parts. They have not decided to turbo or not yet but they are considering keeping everything. So I will not know officially what is staying or going now til they decide.
That's great that you found someone who will take what sounds like most everything, instead of parting it all out. Great news man :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
Hell yeah!! the Voy LIVES!! :yes:
Haha not yet but sometime!

Capote said:
That's great that you found someone who will take what sounds like most everything, instead of parting it all out. Great news man :thumbsup:
thank you. if it ever falls through and they eventually cancel the project I will get back in touch on here!

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good Luck

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I hope things turn out well :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
02Olds said:
If you had the chance to do it all again, would you? Would you do anything different? I've always wanted to do this, and followed your build closely. All good things must come to an end, I suppose...
I WOULD DO IT OVER AGAIN ANYTIME (even though it was a TON of trial and error and work, thats what happens when you are one of the first)

If I had the money I would have kept it and redone it myself again with a better turbo and would have welded it better. If you have the money and a place to fabricate or DIY I would suggest it all day long :smile:

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:
I WOULD DO IT OVER AGAIN ANYTIME (even though it was a TON of trial and error and work, thats what happens when you are one of the first)

If I had the money I would have kept it and redone it myself again with a better turbo and would have welded it better. If you have the money and a place to fabricate or DIY I would suggest it all day long :smile:
I love that you love what you did. Truly inspiring to see it done. Hopefully, in the next year, you might see an i6 Rainier with a turbo.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
02Olds said:
I love that you love what you did. Truly inspiring to see it done. Hopefully, in the next year, you might see an i6 Rainier with a turbo.
THAT IS AWESOME ! I will be eagerly awaiting. If you need any help or ANYTHING I have allllll of the info and diagrams

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
I thought about turbo, but I would much rather do the 6.0 swap. I have built enough turbo engines that I wouldn't do this with out forged internals. It would cost more to have parts made for the atlas than just swapping a 6.0. Imo
I agree. I worked a lot with a friend to add a turbo to a 6 cyl Jag XJ. A very tough motor, but he said the same thing when it needed a lot of work about 15K miles later. So he sold it and did something else. It was a great car while it was boosted though.

For me, if I still have the Envoy when I'm really back on my feet, I'll either do a really built 5.3 or LS2. Either way, I'd like to have about 500 or so horses. Nothing completely outrageous. Still streetable but with a kick the boy racer won't expect.

RE: HEADLIGHTS

I really wish I'd seen this in time for the headlights. Missing use of one hand (the dominant one at that) and I've got an itching for a sinister look with projectors.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
mcsteven said:
I agree. I worked a lot with a friend to add a turbo to a 6 cyl Jag XJ. A very tough motor, but he said the same thing when it needed a lot of work about 15K miles later. So he sold it and did something else. It was a great car while it was boosted though.

For me, if I still have the Envoy when I'm really back on my feet, I'll either do a really built 5.3 or LS2. Either way, I'd like to have about 500 or so horses. Nothing completely outrageous. Still streetable but with a kick the boy racer won't expect.

RE: HEADLIGHTS

I really wish I'd seen this in time for the headlights. Missing use of one hand (the dominant one at that) and I've got an itching for a sinister look with projectors.

I too am sorry to hear and that I did not have more to help. I have been very busy with life haha and actually am selling my secondary car (the police interceptor) because I scored my dream car when I was 11 haha.

Anyway, I could give you a detailed write up of stuff needed and what needs done so once you are back on your feet you will have a project! email me conekillerautox@gmail.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online