Paracord grab handles

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i work nights as a dispatcher and jailer for our sheriff's office and on slow nights i make Paracord Bracelets and keychains for people, i was trying to think of some cool things to do other then the norm so i went ahead and made some paracord grab handles for my 03 Trailblazer, let me know what you think...

View attachment 19437

View attachment 19438

View attachment 19439

Attachments

• 2012-03-05_20-35-34_429.jpg
    2012-03-05_20-35-34_429.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 2012-03-09_12-21-20_610.jpg
    2012-03-09_12-21-20_610.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2012-03-09_12-28-02_125.jpg
    2012-03-09_12-28-02_125.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 50

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Pretty cool, any plans to make them to sell?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Boog2006 said:
Put the price out there...looks good!

ok idk if i will get in trouble but here we go...im not too sure how much to sell them for but i will start at this price and see how things go..

i have many colors to choose from, let me know if you are interested, 30.00 a set (all 4) up to 3 colors (inside middle, top inside and top outside)

Dilan

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those look pretty cool, great idea!

Dec 19, 2011
Awesome idea, and just like the survival bracelets if you ever came into a survival situation you have a great length of paracord on hand right there in your truck! (I had a thin blue line survival bracelet and I can't find it now.. Need to replace with a red line) I wish I had the patience to do that! :thumbsup: I'm pretty darn sure you'll have some buyers for sure!

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Cool Idea!! Why didn't I think of that....

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Bigbadbowtie08 said:
Awesome idea, and just like the survival bracelets if you ever came into a survival situation you have a great length of paracord on hand right there in your truck! (I had a thin blue line survival bracelet and I can't find it now.. Need to replace with a red line) I wish I had the patience to do that! :thumbsup: I'm pretty darn sure you'll have some buyers for sure!

Ya its about 20feet a handle and working for the Sheriff's dept I make a ton of thin blue line ones and im a firefighter in town also so I have a good amount of thin red line bands under my belt as well, pm if you need one

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
That's thinking outside the box, and they look awesome.

By trade a PR in the Navy, Aircrew Survival Equipmentman, also known as a Parachute Rigger, and I kick myself to this day for not grabbing a roll of 550 cord when I retired, that shit is golden.

groundshock said:
Air horn pulls for semi trucks. Trust me. It's what I do all day long.

Not to take away from a local member creating paracord products, but I would check out paracordist. He makes some cool stuff. I got one of his key fobs with the stainless steel ball in the monkeys fist.

Not sure if you have the loop cord for the air horn or the straight pull down.

Steve

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well done. Got neon green?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Nice! You've got me thinking for both the Envoy and the Silverado. For something you haven't made one for before I assume you need the length, width and thickness, I'll also assume the Voy's pulls are the same size as the TB's but the Siverado's could be a little different.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I would seriously order a set from you....Those look sweet as all hell! Good job!

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
thanks a bunch guys for all the comments, i will try and get a pic of all the colors i have at this time and also i have a list i need to order, if you are wanting a set please pm me with your choice of color, there will be about a week wait time due to my current orders

Dilan

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DMD_TB said:
thanks a bunch guys for all the comments, i will try and get a pic of all the colors i have at this time and also i have a list i need to order, if you are wanting a set please pm me with your choice of color, there will be about a week wait time due to my current orders

Dilan

How much would it cost for 4 simple black ones?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
As this thread is evolving into a commercial, I'm going to move it into the appropriate (Vendor) forum and out of the technical section. GMTN encourages products that benefit members, and doesn't charge any silly fees like the OS. Posting pics of installed products showing how they enhance the vehicle's appearance, is more appropriate for the Appearance forum. And the OP can link to their vendor thread in their signature. All highly encouraged - carry on!

PS: I'd get a couple myself but I'd only get them filthy with mud and dust. :wink: :frown:

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
As this thread is evolving into a commercial, I'm going to move it into the appropriate (Vendor) forum and out of the technical section. GMTN encourages products that benefit members, and doesn't charge any silly fees like the OS. Posting pics of installed products showing how they enhance the vehicle's appearance, is more appropriate for the Appearance forum. And the OP can link to their vendor thread in their signature. All highly encouraged - carry on!

PS: I'd get a couple myself but I'd only get them filthy with mud and dust. :wink: :frown:

Thanks roadie!!

idk i think a solid dark color will fit your rig and your needs perfect :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
the roadie said:

Go with a camo style and you'll only make them look better :smile:

Now my :frown: The Envoy uses a different style than the TB. I've got the fold up solid handles instead of straps.

Since there isn't one at the drivers door, I never really paid attention to what the Voy had in that department.

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
Go with a camo style and you'll only make them look better :smile:

Now my :frown: The Envoy uses a different style than the TB. I've got the fold up solid handles instead of straps.

Since there isn't one at the drivers door, I never really paid attention to what the Voy had in that department.

i have a few diffrent camo styles i will try tonight at work, how do the handles on the voy attach i.e. what does the hole to the roof look like?

oh PS i just ordered a TON of GLOW IN THE DARK WHITE cord!!!!!! :raspberry:

looks like i will need to redo my set now :undecided:

Dec 19, 2011
DMD_TB said:
i have a few diffrent camo styles i will try tonight at work, how do the handles on the voy attach i.e. what does the hole to the roof look like?

Such a tease :tongue: lol. I have always wondered why there isnt a oh S%#T handle on the drivers side. I'm sure I'll hit you up once things get going with the landscape business. Paracord is great! my M4 is actually hanging from the knob of my dresser drawer by paracord.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
the roadie said:
Because 4' 2" people can always grab the steering wheel to pull themselves up. :wink:

Dont pick on VoyMom like that :rotfl::raspberry:

I am also thinking about getting a set of these for my wifes car. Will have to see if the insurance company totals it out from wind damge it got earlier this week..

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
DMD_TB said:

They are solid U shaped. You probably have to wrap it right on it instead of sliding it on with the hinge and 90 degree turns to make the U. Not impossible but I'd have to do it myself. Silverado uses the same style handle.

I'll grab a pic when it gets light out.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Dont pick on VoyMom like that :rotfl::raspberry:

I am also thinking about getting a set of these for my wifes car. Will have to see if the insurance company totals it out from wind damge it got earlier this week..

:quiverlips:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DMD_TB said:
30.00 any colors

Is it $30.00 a piece or $30.00 total?

I can't decide if I want a pink camo or all black lol

I have 6 oh shit bars one on each door including the drivers side :tongue:

So how much for 6?

*Sorry for not merging, lazy :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Great Idea man! Might have to get some black and white ones eventually. All I can think is this guy braiding all these paracords together and then this pops into my head.
Happy Gilmore
[video=youtube_share;uPsbDUZvfFo]http://youtu.be/uPsbDUZvfFo[/video]
Fill them orders or this could be you :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online