Paracord grab handles

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Great Idea man! Might have to get some black and white ones eventually. All I can think is this guy braiding all these paracords together and then this pops into my head.
Happy Gilmore
[video=youtube_share;uPsbDUZvfFo]http://youtu.be/uPsbDUZvfFo[/video]
Fill them orders or this could be you :rotfl:

:crackup: ahh priceless

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
They are solid U shaped. You probably have to wrap it right on it instead of sliding it on with the hinge and 90 degree turns to make the U. Not impossible but I'd have to do it myself. Silverado uses the same style handle.

I'll grab a pic when it gets light out.

ok sounds good, my buddy has a silverado ill con him into letting me mess around with one

Voymom said:
Is it $30.00 a piece or $30.00 total?

I can't decide if I want a pink camo or all black lol

I have 6 oh shit bars one on each door including the drivers side :tongue:

So how much for 6?

*Sorry for not merging, lazy :biggrin:

its 30.00 for a standard set of 4, 45.00 for 6

jham said:
I see that these are $30 a set but I don't see where it says the preferred payment. Is it PayPal? Or send cash or check to you

paypal will be the preferred pymt, ill do first come first serve, if it has a color in it i dont currently have or dont have enough of i will let that person know, paypal email is "windex_52@hotmail.com" please put colors you want and in what order you want them in the notes (like how in my picture the core is white with an over lapping of black and an outline of white) i will try to get a sample pic of all the colors i currently have

STLtrailbSS said:
Great Idea man! Might have to get some black and white ones eventually. All I can think is this guy braiding all these paracords together and then this pops into my head.
Happy Gilmore
[video=youtube_share;uPsbDUZvfFo]http://youtu.be/uPsbDUZvfFo[/video]
Fill them orders or this could be you :rotfl:

haha this is exactly how i felt after making 3 leashes for our zone of the highway patrol's k-9 units around 150' in each leash :crazy:

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
As this thread is evolving into a commercial, I'm going to move it into the appropriate (Vendor) forum and out of the technical section. GMTN encourages products that benefit members, and doesn't charge any silly fees like the OS. Posting pics of installed products showing how they enhance the vehicle's appearance, is more appropriate for the Appearance forum. And the OP can link to their vendor thread in their signature. All highly encouraged - carry on!

PS: I'd get a couple myself but I'd only get them filthy with mud and dust. :wink: :frown:

how do i link this thread to my sig? :confused:

nvm got it!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Going to be ordering a set once the second orange arrives so i can pick which one i like better.:wootwoot:

Now i just need to figure out which other color i want to go with.:undecided:

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Going to be ordering a set once the second orange arrives so i can pick which one i like better.:wootwoot:

here ya go Fischer :raspberry:

View attachment 19637

not the best pic but all i have is my phone

Attachments

• org para.jpg
    org para.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 14

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:

What about a type of grey to go along with the Orange/Grey interior that you already have going on or maybe Orange/Blk :twocents:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Just hammering out the details but should be ordering a set by today! :wootwoot:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011

Attachments

• 2012-03-11 12.20.05.jpg
    2012-03-11 12.20.05.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 33

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
hmmmm do they screw into the roof? maybe i could put grommets on the ends of them but idk how clean that would look :confused:
i will have to do some test fitting in the next few days, just finishing up an order as we speak, called in "sick" to my parttime day job as a cell phone tech, id rather be tying knots ha :raspberry:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I'll check, probably since it still needs to be put together and hold some weight if used.

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Here is FlyingFischer's finished order (Burnt Orange/Gray/Black) a full set of "550 Grabbers" a matching key fob and mirror accessory!!

View attachment 19941

It will be shipped out first thing in the morning! Hope you like it as much as i do FlyingFischer! :wootwoot:

Thank You for your business!
Dilan

Attachments

• FlyingFischer.jpg
    FlyingFischer.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 52

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
DMD_TB said:
Here is FlyingFischer's finished order (Burnt Orange/Gray/Black) a full set of "550 Grabbers" a matching key fob and mirror accessory!!

View attachment 5482

It will be shipped out first thing in the morning! Hope you like it as much as i do FlyingFischer! :wootwoot:

Dilan

Those look Amazing!!! That is going to tie my black/grey/orange interior together nicely. :wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
DMD_TB said:

View attachment 5482

Dilan

thw picture is kinda crapy but it will have to do!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well here is some teaser pics. Too sunny out to get a decent shot of them installed but will post that picture later tonight.

And let me tell you they look badass. :cool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333839363053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333839363053.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 66

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Ok well these are the best I could get.

And let me tell you, if you are on the fence on ordering these or have any doubt, don't hesitate! These are amazing quality, and the service is hands down some of the best I have received! And it something you never see on any other vehicles so it sets your ride apart from all your buddies, or local car events. :cool:

Attachments

• 2012-04-07_18-32-25_900.jpg
    2012-04-07_18-32-25_900.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-04-07_18-32-53_79.jpg
    2012-04-07_18-32-53_79.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 13

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
So how easy are they to install?? I'm thinking I'd like a set done like the orange/gray/black but done as Blue/Gray/Black. If you have a blue that's close to the indigo blue that mine is?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
This is a bracelet that I ordered off the internet about 6 months ago and never wear it. The black/grey/blue combo is great looking.
43b9fe92-f324-4a22.jpg

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
And the install is easy once you figure out GM's handle design. I forgot to take pictures while I did it so I could post a tutorial:frown: Maybe if I get free time tomorrow between family dinners i can pull one down and make a tutorial.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Maybe they changed when they moved the lights :confused:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Short Bus said:
Maybe they changed when they moved the lights :confused:

Not exactly sure which year it was, but when they changed the location of lights they changed the style of handles.

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
And the install is easy once you figure out GM's handle design. I forgot to take pictures while I did it so I could post a tutorial:frown: Maybe if I get free time tomorrow between family dinners i can pull one down and make a tutorial.

I've taken mine down plenty of times so I have an idea of what they look like, but did you have to actualy take apart the handle itself? I couldn't figure out how to do that.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
bagdvoy said:
I've taken mine down plenty of times so I have an idea of what they look like, but did you have to actualy take apart the handle itself? I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Yeah you have to slide the metal piece out of the end caps, then you take the metal piece off the handle and use it on the new one. I can take pics tomorrow if you want me to.

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
bagdvoy said:
So how easy are they to install?? I'm thinking I'd like a set done like the orange/gray/black but done as Blue/Gray/Black. If you have a blue that's close to the indigo blue that mine is?

they are very simple just take the stock handles off the roof and open the caps, i am on the ambulance till 1500 tomorrow, i will post a few pics of the blues i have alsso could you send me a pic of your blue that would be great!

FlyingFischer said:

ahh i should have done that when i took mine apart but i didnt think i would get the response that they did thanks again guys!!

sorry i have been away from the computer the past few days so im trying to get caught up on the posts!

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Ok well these are the best I could get.

And let me tell you, if you are on the fence on ordering these or have any doubt, don't hesitate! These are amazing quality, and the service is hands down some of the best I have received! And it something you never see on any other vehicles so it sets your ride apart from all your buddies, or local car events. :cool:

AHHHH!! THEY LOOK AWESOME! GLAD YOU GOT THEM ON! AND THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE COMPLIMENT!! :wootwoot:

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ok so i thought i would post a quick update/overview

30.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors)
35.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching key fob
36.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching bracelet
40.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching fob and bracelet
50.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching fob and mirror hanger

paypal is "windex_52@hotmail.com" (please put your GMT Nation username and colors in the message)

i take care of the shipping

i will send any number of sample colors to you before placing your order just to make sure that its the color you want (please try to keep it to one sample box)

***AND THE BIG ONE!!***

IF FOR ANY REASON A GRABBER BREAKS OR BECOMES UNUSABLE I WILL REPLACE IT FOR FREE

(just send me a picture or ship me the broken grabber and i will ship you an IDENTICAL replacement)

ANY OTHER REQUEST SHALL BE DISCUSSED VIA EMAIL (dilandevries@hotmail.com) or PM ON HERE

THANK YOU NATION!!! :thumbsup:
Dilan

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
Pics of how to install would be great for everyone to see!

I'm on the fence now of all black, or black and blue, or the blue, gray, and black:crazy: I just sueded the headliner black so I don't know which way would work best for me.

Here's my color
DSC_0995.jpg

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
DMD_TB said:
ok so i thought i would post a quick update/overview

30.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors)
35.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching key fob
36.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching bracelet
40.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching fob and bracelet
50.00 for the standard set of 4 "550 Grabbers" (choice of up to three colors) and matching fob and mirror hanger

paypal is "windex_52@hotmail.com" (please put your GMT Nation username and colors in the message)

i take care of the shipping

i will send any number of sample colors to you before placing your order just to make sure that its the color you want (please try to keep it to one sample box)

***AND THE BIG ONE!!***

IF FOR ANY REASON A GRABBER BREAKS OR BECOMES UNUSABLE I WILL REPLACE IT FOR FREE

(just send me a picture or ship me the broken grabber and i will ship you an IDENTICAL replacement)

ANY OTHER REQUEST SHALL BE DISCUSSED VIA EMAIL (dilandevries@hotmail.com) or PM ON HERE

THANK YOU NATION!!! :thumbsup:
Dilan

i forgot to add if wanting GLOW IN THE DARK cord (cord is white but glows lime green in the dark) it will be an additional 10.00 to the order due to it being WAY more then normal cord

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online